Please advise...URGENT

Old May 11th 2003, 6:27 am
Forum Regular

beefourrm is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Please advise...URGENT

Hi

Recieved an email from the AIM....
They have asked for additional information in the form of following

Detailed position description and Organisational chart from my previous company...

I am not ina a position to arrange for official documents as the firm closed down in October 2000

What should I do...
Old May 11th 2003, 6:53 am
Forum Regular

ayanem is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi B

I'm no expert but what about providing:

1. Evidence that the company closed down.

2. Your own job description and chart of your position in the company and getting someone you used to work with (preferrably someone in a senior position on your chart) to countersign it?

It's not your fault the company's no longer operating and any reasonable person should appreciate that.

Good luck!

Alan
Old May 11th 2003, 7:18 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Alan...

This makes sense...However would appreciate if Ptlabs or other experts could re-iterate this...just to increase the confidence level
Old May 11th 2003, 8:17 am
BE Forum Addict

mashiraz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Please advise...URGENT

Hi, I went through the AIM.

Provide the charts and job that they want yourself. Are you sure you have job profile or anything left from the role you were in?

If not then again I'd say you need proof that the firm closed down and someone to certify that the information is correct, one of your ex colleages?

Even though I provided all the stuff on official forms I was still asked by DIMIA for a detailed reference covering the period I was skilled assessed against. I wrote this out and got my most recent line manager to sign it, as my boss from that period was long gone.

Give them a ring and talk it through. I found AIM really helpful.
Mash...

Originally posted by beefourrm
Hi

Detailed position description and Organisational chart from my previous company...

I am not ina a position to arrange for official documents as the firm closed down in October 2000

What should I do...

Last edited by mashiraz; May 11th 2003 at 4:00 pm.
Old May 11th 2003, 8:17 am
BE Enthusiast

terryg is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

What should I do...
My tuppennce worth:

You can get proof that the company has closed down from companies house. Type in the companies name on this link - you can then print the subsequent page that comes up as that has a status or then click on order and download a report telling you this for under a fiver.

http://www.companieshouse.gov.uk/info/

I know its incredibly likely that the companys website has disappered but you never know............Was the org chart on the website? - is it still there ?

Good luck !!

Last edited by terryg; May 11th 2003 at 10:37 am.
Old May 11th 2003, 8:23 am
Forum Regular

thank you very much...
Have a feeling...its a positive sign that they have asked for the information...
I am already trying to get in touch with the ex-bosses...
Old May 11th 2003, 8:33 am
BE Enthusiast

thank you very much...
Have a feeling...its a positive sign that they have asked for the information...
I am already trying to get in touch with the ex-bosses...

Bee

I'm really no expert when it comes to the AIM but you can always phone them and discuss it. Its harder for them to say NO on the telephone that just to send you an email rejecting you.

Your call.

http://www.aim.com.au/contact/divisions.htm
Old May 11th 2003, 10:33 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, that's a good call Terry ... the Companies House website can provide quite a lot of information about a company being wound up, or having changed its name:
http://www.companieshouse.gov.uk

A copy of the Annual Return for two consecutive years can also show the change of shareholders/ownership if required.

Best regards.

Originally posted by terryg
My tuppennce worth:

You can get proof that the company has closed down from companies house. Type in the companies name on this link - you can then print the subsequent page that comes up as that has a status or then click on order and download a report telling you this for under a fiver.

I know its incredibly likely that the companys website has disappered but you never know............Was the org chart on the website? - is it still there ?

Good luck !!
Old May 11th 2003, 2:32 pm
Forum Regular

jetsetter is an unknown quantity at this point

Has anyone submitted references from former employers without organisation charts and had their application processed?

I have been working on 5 short term contracts over the past 4 years and obtaining org charts from when I was there could prove extremely difficult. I can get references with the other info incl. a minimum of 5 responsibilities.

In short - are org charts compulsary?

If so, would it be acceptable for me to draw one up showing only the reporting lines below and above me - rather than doing the whole org. I could then ask my former employers to print on their headed paper perhaps?

Cheers

PS: I'm a qualified accountant applying for skilled independent.
Old May 11th 2003, 4:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

mashiraz is an unknown quantity at this point

You have to supply what you are requested to supply from the body doing the skills assessment. If they ask for org charts, then assume they need them. They can however be drawn up retrospectively, How many org charts are on company headed paper generally???

To be sure get someone to certify that it is genuine representation of the company structure.

Cheers
Mash...

Originally posted by jetsetter
Has anyone submitted references from former employers without organisation charts and had their application processed?

I have been working on 5 short term contracts over the past 4 years and obtaining org charts from when I was there could prove extremely difficult. I can get references with the other info incl. a minimum of 5 responsibilities.

In short - are org charts compulsary?

If so, would it be acceptable for me to draw one up showing only the reporting lines below and above me - rather than doing the whole org. I could then ask my former employers to print on their headed paper perhaps?

Cheers

PS: I'm a qualified accountant applying for skilled independent.
Old May 11th 2003, 5:35 pm
Forum Regular

I'm not required to provide references for my skills assessment. I'm ACCA qualified and the assessing body (ICAA) only requests references for a handful of other qualifications such as CIMA. I only have to provide certified copies of transcripts, qual certificate, letter from ACCA and up-to-date CV.

I was referring to the references required in order to gain points for specific work experience in my visa application. covering at least 3 out of the last 4 years.

So, does anyone know if i need org charts or not??

cheers

PS: I was referring to paper with the co name and logo - not letter headed paper. :-)

Last edited by jetsetter; May 11th 2003 at 5:40 pm.
Old May 11th 2003, 5:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

I'm not required to provide references for my skills assessment. I'm ACCA qualified and the assessing body (ICAA) only requests references for a handful of other qualifications such as CIMA. I only have to provide certified copies of transcripts, qual certificate, letter from ACCA and up-to-date CV.

I was referring to the references required in order to gain points for specific work experience in my visa application. covering at least 3 out of the last 4 years.

So, does anyone know if i need org charts or not??

cheers

Jet

I am a UK ACCA accountant and did not supply org charts. you just need work statements. The statements need to contain specific details peratining to your wok there including what you did, start and finish date, proving that you worked above 20 hrs per week on ave, etc, etc. They do not need to say you did things well or unwell.
Old May 11th 2003, 5:45 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Terry,

I've asked my former employers to confirm the following;

Job title
start and finish dates
paid employment & salary
permanent or temporary position
full time & no. of hours per week
around 5 or 6 key duties/responsibilites (is this sufficient ? - i read somewhere a minimum of 5 duties is required)

Anything else ???

Many thanks again

PS: What's the job market like in Melbourne - I'm planning to hit Perth and a couple of agencies there told me things weren't too great at the minute - in line with global situation probably. I'm not going to let that stop me from applying.

Last edited by jetsetter; May 11th 2003 at 5:51 pm.
Old May 11th 2003, 6:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks Terry,

I've asked my former employers to confirm the following;

Job title
start and finish dates
paid employment & salary
permanent or temporary position
full time & no. of hours per week
around 5 or 6 key duties/responsibilites (is this sufficient ? - i read somewhere a minimum of 5 duties is required)

Anything else ???

Many thanks again

PS: What's the job market like in Melbourne - I'm planning to hit Perth and a couple of agencies there told me things weren't too great at the minute - in line with global situation probably. I'm not going to let that stop me from applying.

other than what you mentioned they must be:
a) Issued on letterhead of employer
b) Dated
c) Signed by an indentifiable senior representative of the company
d) Make sure the signatory clearly prints his/her name AND position withing the company
e) Confirm the exact start and finish dates and hours worked per week
f) Confirm the capacity in which you were / are employed
g) Include a brief description of what the companies activities and workforce

Also see http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/1121i.pdf

Have you had your skills assessed yet ?

Also see http://www.curtin.edu.au/curtin/dept...nload/asco.pdf page 137 for what you should include under duties

All the best
Old May 11th 2003, 6:38 pm
Forum Regular

Not yet - I'm waiting for ACCA to send me a letter and results transcript.
ICAA seem to be processing a lot quicker and the process seems to be more straightforward. CPAA ask for much more info i.e. uni degree syllabuses etc.
I'm not intending to join either body - only sit the tax and law conversion exams.

Cheers,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.