Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Please advise: Getting married while applied for student visa

Please advise: Getting married while applied for student visa

Old Jun 18th 2006, 11:51 am
Just Joined

melb64 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Please advise: Getting married while applied for student visa

Hi,

Could you please advise me what should I do? I have applied for student visa to study in Australia. Applied online, Medicals been cleared on 10th may and last week high commision asked my agent to submit my case file (they usually do at random). Mean while I am getting married with australian citizen next week.

As I like to still study and wish to Join my course in first week of July. Should I tell DIMA about change in marital status? My uncle in Australia contacted DIMA and they advised if applicant can inform us on arrival in Australia (as spouse need not to apply for visa, therefore no need to inform us now).
Could you please advise me is it fine to inform DIMA about my marital status on arrival to Australia or should tell now?

Many Thanks
melb