phonecall to TRA

Old Aug 11th 2004, 12:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: To the world you are one person...to one person you may be the world
logan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nice
Wink phonecall to TRA

Read a recent thread that someone had phoned the TRA and had received the news they were desperate to hear. Having e-mailed the TRA, waited 4 days, only to get a response, "give date of birth" (short and sweet!), and still awaiting e-mail response, we decided to give them a call too. Stayed up till past midnight, called, only to get an incredibly long answer machine message. The phone lines are open between 1400 and 1700, so other half set his alarm, got up at 6am and called. Expected to be on hold forever, but was off phone within 5 min. He was told it hadn't been "finalised" and we'd hear within 2-3 weeks, (our acknowledgement letter was 28th april) and there were no big problems. Also said it was taking a lot longer to process TRA applications at the moment.
Interestingly, the recorded message advised they aim to respond to e-mails within 24 hours (hmmm) and applications are taking about 3 months for fast-track and 5 months for non-f.t. (their website advised they process fast-track in 60 days!!!!)
Surprisingly, although we didn't hear exactly what we wanted to hear, we both feel very positive today, (inspite of the really crap weather here in sunny Edinburgh today) We weren't told you're not getting the all clear, or we haven't looked at it yet. ps they didn't seem peeved that we'd called, so if anyone's run out of patience, I'd recommend doing it.
Old Aug 11th 2004, 12:31 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: phonecall to TRA

It is annoying that they are still advertising 60 days!

Seems like you are nearly there though - good luck!
Old Aug 11th 2004, 12:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Logan
I'm toying with the idea of calling them as well but unsure whether to do so. My agent rang them 2 weeks ago and they said we should hear within the fortnight. The fortnight was up today but still no word.
I have emailed by agent today and hopefully she will chase them up again.
The problem is if she can't get any decision out of them what chance to I have.
We sent ours on 29th April and received acknowledgement on 5th May. I looke on aussietimeline yesterday and someone who applied 10 days before me with the same trade received thiers 3months and 1 day later. It just so frustrating that there is no pattern to it.

Hope you and I get the result soon.

Graham
Old Aug 11th 2004, 12:44 pm
Forum Regular

The McGintys is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Grayman

Thought I would let you know that me agent still has not had a letter from the TRA about our positive assessment. I think either the tra take a while to get their letters out or my agent does not check his post very often!!!!

I would definately give them a call in the morning, I did at about 7am and did not have to wait too long. Its a helpline, so just explain that its been longer than 3 months.

Do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!! and let us know what happens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Good Luck(-:
Old Aug 11th 2004, 1:26 pm
Dancing Queen

Lucyemma5 is a jewel in the roughLucyemma5 is a jewel in the roughLucyemma5 is a jewel in the roughLucyemma5 is a jewel in the roughLucyemma5 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by bridiej
It is annoying that they are still advertising 60 days!

Seems like you are nearly there though - good luck!
Bridiej

We were told by our agent that 60 days is 60 working days, just short of 3 months!

Lucy
Old Aug 11th 2004, 1:58 pm
Banned

Location: Manchester-Sydney August 07 and maybe Brisbane or Melbourne 08
alkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond repute

you are absoloutley correct lucy i emailed TRA and it is 60 working days for MODL occupations and 120 for all others.

alk
Old Aug 11th 2004, 2:10 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: phonecall to TRA

Originally Posted by Gravyman
Hi Logan
I'm toying with the idea of calling them as well but unsure whether to do so. My agent rang them 2 weeks ago and they said we should hear within the fortnight. The fortnight was up today but still no word.
I have emailed by agent today and hopefully she will chase them up again.
The problem is if she can't get any decision out of them what chance to I have.
We sent ours on 29th April and received acknowledgement on 5th May. I looke on aussietimeline yesterday and someone who applied 10 days before me with the same trade received thiers 3months and 1 day later. It just so frustrating that there is no pattern to it.

Hope you and I get the result soon.

Graham
BIG FAVOUR TO ASK!!!!! Can you give me the web addy for Aussie TimeLine? I had it & my machine went T. U. & now no matter how many searches I do I cannot find the web addy...........;o)
Old Aug 11th 2004, 2:14 pm
Banned

alkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond repute

i just go onto google and type "time in canberra", if thats what you mean, its 10 hrs ahead of uk.
Old Aug 11th 2004, 2:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jonahs_mummy
BIG FAVOUR TO ASK!!!!! Can you give me the web addy for Aussie TimeLine? I had it & my machine went T. U. & now no matter how many searches I do I cannot find the web addy...........;o)

Here you go.
http://www.austimeline.com

Although sometimes is a pain to connect.

Graham
Old Aug 11th 2004, 2:20 pm
Banned

id like to say i was joking on the last thing i postedbut ive never heard of this austimeline !!

whats it all about ??
alk
Old Aug 11th 2004, 2:26 pm
I need a beer.....

snappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by alkristensen
id like to say i was joking on the last thing i postedbut ive never heard of this austimeline !!

whats it all about ??
alk
It allows you to look at other people's application time scales. It is a good website to look at but very annoying when people haven't updated their information. It can give you an idea of what length of time other applications are taking and give you a better idea on when to expect some news for yourself.

Regarding ringing the TRA we did this and they also told us it would be finalised over the next week or so only to hear we got literally a couple or days later....so it could be very soon for you! Good Luck.

Sasha
Old Aug 11th 2004, 2:31 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: phonecall to TRA

Originally Posted by alkristensen

whats it all about ??
alk
It a great site that you can join & log all the details down of when you do things & when stuff happens in your quest to become an Aussie! It is also REALLY helpful if you are wanting to gauge the length of time between different points of your application too. Well worth a look!
Old Aug 11th 2004, 2:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jonahs_mummy
It a great site that you can join & log all the details down of when you do things & when stuff happens in your quest to become an Aussie! It is also REALLY helpful if you are wanting to gauge the length of time between different points of your application too. Well worth a look!

Be warned it can be a pain especially when you see someone has got their skills assessment or visa alot quicker than you.

Graham
Old Aug 11th 2004, 2:41 pm
Banned

does this not just make you more anxious???

alk
Old Aug 11th 2004, 2:46 pm
Banned

they should tell you 6 months, and then when you get it early you will feel good about TRA and no one will bother them by emailing every day as to when are they gonna get it, therefore slowing down the process,

It would make TRA seem very efficient!!!

Just an idea

lol!!!

alk

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.