Perth Bound?

Old Aug 23rd 2002, 9:04 am
Forum Regular

Claire is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Perth Bound?

Hi everyone

Count me in, along with my hubby Scott and 2 kids.

We've been here for 2 months now and are loving every minute of it. We have settled in really quickly and to all of those who are having doubts, I would just say give it a go - it will be an experience if nothing else.

Hope to see some of you soon!

Claire
xx
Old Aug 23rd 2002, 9:48 am
Forum Regular

Finch is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok people

Have swapped mails with Nicky, can you initially send your personal email address to her at [email protected]. We'll then compile these into a spreadsheet and I'll email out asking for further information. Keep 'em coming.

Finch
Old Aug 23rd 2002, 10:43 am
Jaj

Default Re: taking computers to Oz - beware (was Re: Perth Bound?)

I heard that story about computer monitors too but I didn't have a problem with
mine. Jeremy

>On Thu, 22 Aug 2002 20:06:56 GMT, rob <[email protected]> wrote:
    >In <[email protected]> ywoods wrote:
    >> Nicola... sure you can take your puters.. my son and I are taking ours as hand
    >> luggage, minus the box and monitor (basically the internals and the little
    >> things we have collected over time that we wanna keep)
    >Beware with computer monitors. Due to geomagnetic differences between the northern
    >and southern hemispheres, some CRT (tube) monitors can look naff when taken from
    >north to south. Some companies make two different versions, one for the northern
    >hemisphere and one for the southern. LCD monitors (e.g. laptops and new iMacs)
    >aren't affected by these problems.
    >See http://www.webopedia.com/DidYouKnow/Hardware_Software/2002/MonitorHemisph-
    >eres.asp

Old Aug 23rd 2002, 10:48 am
Jaj

I had a quote to airfreight a PC and it would have been cheaper to buy a new one in
Australia.

My advice is to ship your PC, and use internet cafes when you arrive. In Sydney at
least they're not confined to the CBD - there are plenty of computer shops in the
suburbs and many of them offer Internet access as a sideline. Even if you end up
spending A$2000 on a new PC because you can't wait, it's probably not much more than
the cost of airfreight. But get a quote anyway just to be sure.

Jeremy

>On Thu, 22 Aug 2002 23:56:04 +0000, dpr21 <[email protected]> wrote:
    >Re: the PC - should be no problems. I have taken PC's to the UK from Africa and now
    >from the UK to here and had absolutely no problem. A word of advice - I would
    >suggest that you bring your whole PC with you or airfreight - it is really helpful
    >to be able to get and send email as soon as you arrive. You can of course use
    >internet cafes there are plenty of them but the vast majority are in the CBD near
    >the backpackers hangouts.
    >Cheers
    >DPR
    >--
    >Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Aug 23rd 2002, 2:15 pm
huge,throbbing member

baldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nice

Nice one Finchy old bean
I can't make the first Monday of the month cos that's when i go for the waxing
Maybe guys like dpr21 who are already out there can suggest a location (somewhere dark cos i bet there's some right ugly biffas out there)
As for a name,can't think at the mo-dehydrated & hung over.But The Flamin' Drongoes springs to mind
Old Aug 23rd 2002, 2:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

micky will become famous soon enoughmicky will become famous soon enough

Count us in too. Shona, Micky, Amy, Gareth, Rachel and Lewis.
So that we all recognise each other I suggest that we all turn up in brightly coloured thongs!!!!!! :scared:

Cheers,
Shona x
Old Aug 23rd 2002, 2:41 pm
huge,throbbing member

baldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nice

Originally posted by micky:

So that we all recognise each other I suggest that we all turn up in brightly coloured thongs!!!!!! :scared:
are you sure ?
Old Aug 23rd 2002, 2:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Grub is an unknown quantity at this point

Your finely waxed BUTT should look a treat in a string bikini Mark (nice arse....)

Has me picture come up this time,. If not i give up!
Old Aug 23rd 2002, 2:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

W**K- no piccy. Back to the drawing board then!
Old Aug 23rd 2002, 3:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

micky will become famous soon enoughmicky will become famous soon enough

I meant Aussie thongs ie. shoes!

Duhh
Old Aug 23rd 2002, 4:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond repute

Count us in, we've been here 5 weeks and are loving it, no regrets at all, no homesickness, us and kids have all settled in well, not even missing the rellies!
Old Aug 25th 2002, 1:33 pm
John Lamont

Hi Finch.....

Count us in as well. My wife Gillian & I are hoping to be living in Perth by around
the end of this year / beginning of next.

Any ideas on how to organise this thing yet?

I've got a couple of mates already living in Perth who could mabie suggest something.

Cheers..... Johnno......

John Lamont
[email protected]

"Finch" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

Old Aug 26th 2002, 4:25 pm
Dana Nutter

Default Re: taking computers to Oz - beware (was Re: Perth Bound?)

I was a Computer Officer for a cruise line. As the ship was always moving around
the globe, I saw this quite a bit. The big problems occur when getting near the
equator. CRT's tend to appear psychedelic for a while. A degaussing wand will fix
the problem.

On Thu, 22 Aug 2002 20:06:56 GMT, rob <[email protected]> wrote:

>In <[email protected]> ywoods wrote:
    >> Nicola... sure you can take your puters.. my son and I are taking ours as hand
    >> luggage, minus the box and monitor (basically the internals and the little
    >> things we have collected over time that we wanna keep)
    >Beware with computer monitors. Due to geomagnetic differences between the northern
    >and southern hemispheres, some CRT (tube) monitors can look naff when taken from
    >north to south. Some companies make two different versions, one for the northern
    >hemisphere and one for the southern. LCD monitors (e.g. laptops and new iMacs)
    >aren't affected by these problems.
    >See http://www.webopedia.com/DidYouKnow/Hardware_Software/2002/MonitorHemisph-
    >eres.asp

Old Aug 26th 2002, 6:29 pm
Just Joined

Tracy101 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Perth Bound?

Please count us in, we go to Perth in 2 weeks and have no family only people we've made friends with from discussion sites like these.
Hubby Phil is an engineer and I'm a nurse. We've 2 children
We would love to meet up and share a laugh and a few beers

Great idea.

Last edited by Tracy101; Aug 26th 2002 at 6:35 pm.
Old Aug 27th 2002, 10:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Dear Tracy

Can you email details to me at [email protected] and i will put ya on the list!
It's coming on a treat. Anyone wanting to stick their stuff down can they give me a few details
1. Who is going
2. kids? ages?
3. Where living now?
4. When hope to be there?
5. Where hoping to live in Perth
6. Jobs

Cheers

Nibbles
xxx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.