permenant residency

Old Jan 16th 2012, 12:03 am
Forum Regular

saff has a brilliant futuresaff has a brilliant futuresaff has a brilliant futuresaff has a brilliant futuresaff has a brilliant futuresaff has a brilliant future
Default Re: permenant residency

sweet, found the following:

''For the purpose of awarding points, the Department of Immigration and Citizenship considers skilled employment in the nominated occupation or a closely related occupation to be at least 20 hours every week''

I was working 8-14 hour days monday to thursday with a day for study, working 5-6 days a week from June to Sept so am well within that...

do I have to have an english test of some description?
Old Jan 16th 2012, 2:23 am
Addicted to browsing BE

goldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond repute

Your hurdle may be that your work prior to your qualification may not count as 'skilled' - do you make the points cut-off without the work experience?

Australian work experience counts for some points now I believe.

You will need to do an IELTS test if you need the extra points. It's not too hard just requires a bit of practice at the format.

A one-time consultation with a migration agent may clarify your position in your own mind and is relatively inexpensive (I paid about $100).

Agents recommended on this forum include Alan Collett and George Lombard.

Maybe list your points, work experience post qual here and you may get some more pointers too.
Old Jan 22nd 2012, 11:21 am
Forum Regular

saff has a brilliant futuresaff has a brilliant futuresaff has a brilliant futuresaff has a brilliant futuresaff has a brilliant futuresaff has a brilliant future

Thanks for the response

Did wonder if that would be the case, a bit disheartening if so as I've been doing my job full on for years now and the degree was just a formailty!

I will have to redo the points and see, I passed by 5 I beleive so may get a bit tight!

depends what counts as post quals I Guess..

did a HNC in 2006 and then a HND 2007 to mid 2008 in construction management while employed as an assistant qs, then the degree was a top up to upgrade the hnd which finished in may 2011. December 2010 I started my own company as a freelance QS and Cad techie whilst working full time as a qs, finished the degree in may 11 ish, moved to aus in July to work as a QS consultant and have been ever since! only been in aus 6 months, I guess in 4 months or so I'd be a year after finishing the degree but have been doing the job in the same capacity for 6.. will try one of those agents to see what counts and what doesnt