Permanent Resident ship queries

Old May 12th 2010, 3:07 am
Just Joined

rakeshmehta is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Permanent Resident ship queries

Hello All,
I have been in Australia for last 3 years, initially I was on student visa now I am on General skilled migration visa under sub class 485. This visa is going to expire in November of this year(2010). At present I am able to make 115 points to apply for Permanent Resident ship but I need 120 points to qualify. Can you assist me how can I arrange 5 points, I have few options but I am not sure whether they can be used or not.
• I got married recently, can I show her studies and experience to get 5 points, if yes, then what kind of certificate/diploma/degree is required and in which stream and how many years’ experience.
• Is there any other option for the extension of my visa except student visa like state sponsorship, regional area migration etc.
Your response would be appreciated.
Old May 12th 2010, 1:26 pm
Forum Regular

aussie_explorer has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_explorer has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_explorer has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_explorer has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_explorer has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_explorer has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_explorer has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_explorer has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_explorer has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_explorer has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_explorer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Permanent Resident ship queries

*For Partner skills you will have to show evidence of the following in order to gain 5 additional points -

1.Age
2.English Language
3.Qualifications (eg- Bachelors /Masters)
4.Nominated Occupation and skills assessment for that occupation
5.Recent work exp. (Atleast 12 out of the last 24 months before lodging application in an occupation listed on SOL) - You will have to wait for the new SOL now

*Answer related to your question -what kind of certificate/diploma/degree is required and in which stream and how many years’ experience.

This will depend on your Partner's Occupational skills and demand in Australia.You will have to refer to the new SOL table and look for the qualifications and experience required to get a skills assessment in that area.

*Other options - If you are looking for options within the Skilled (Independent Visa) then you can also get 5 points if you are fluent in one of the Community languages .Link for your reference-

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...y-language.htm

Best Wishes