Permanent residency?

Old Jan 21st 2008, 9:42 am
Just Joined

fryertuck is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Permanent residency?

Looks like my partner and I will be coming to Auz on a sponsered 457Visa, when we get to Auz apparently we need to become permanent residency to obtain a home loan! We would be looking at some where between 6 to 12 months as we will be renting to start of with.

Is permanent residency the same as the citizenship, which is now four years before you can get this if not how do you apply for permanent residency?

Many thanks Chris.
Old Jan 25th 2008, 8:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

ghanghro is a jewel in the roughghanghro is a jewel in the roughghanghro is a jewel in the roughghanghro is a jewel in the roughghanghro is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Permanent residency?

permanent residency IS NOT same as the citizenship, PR is a step towards citizenship.

have a good look at www.immi.gov.au

Originally Posted by fryertuck
Looks like my partner and I will be coming to Auz on a sponsered 457Visa, when we get to Auz apparently we need to become permanent residency to obtain a home loan! We would be looking at some where between 6 to 12 months as we will be renting to start of with.

Is permanent residency the same as the citizenship, which is now four years before you can get this if not how do you apply for permanent residency?

Many thanks Chris.
Old Jan 25th 2008, 11:03 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Many thanks Chris.
You do not need to be PR to get a mortgage. Not all lenders will lend and you will need 20% at least for deposit. You will also need FIRB approval which is an easy process too.
Old Jan 25th 2008, 11:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

woody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant future

Many thanks Chris.
We came over on a 457 and got a home loan without any worries. You have to apply for FIRB approval first tho.

Ours was a 4 year 457 but after a few months, the company decided they wanted me to stay so they applied for an 857. Means I am tied to them for 2 years from date of approval rather than the rest of the 4 years. You have to go through the form filling the same but just on a different form.

Debs