Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

To people who have applied for 885 visa already (or knows lots about TRA lol)

To people who have applied for 885 visa already (or knows lots about TRA lol)

Old Dec 21st 2009, 6:48 am
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute
Default To people who have applied for 885 visa already (or knows lots about TRA lol)

Hi all,

I am in a panic trying to get the hours all in for TRA before xmas eve. The problem I have now is that my last pay slip, which would bring me up to 900 hours can not be printed out until I am paid on Wednesday. They shut midday Thursday. I spoke to a girl on the phone this morning who told me they SHOULD accept applications in if they got to them before the 1st of Jan, but I also had an e-mail back from one I sent over the weekend saying they shut from the 24th, and will not accept any applications which get to them after that.

So currently for immigration, you can apply for your visa when you have sent off your TRA assessment.... People who have done this... do they want the TRA reference number there and then? From what I have read it can take a few days, and if I somehow manage to get it in before they close for Xmas, I am worried that I still won't be able to apply for the visa, and then it is $300 down the drain anyway.

Any insight would be wonderful. And has anyone applied just using group certificates, and possibly a print out of how many hours I have been paid this year rather than payslips?

Clutching desperatly at straws here....
Thanks again, from a VERY stressed me
Old Dec 21st 2009, 7:46 am
excited!

SuperC has a spectacular aura aboutSuperC has a spectacular aura aboutSuperC has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: To people who have applied for 885 visa already (or knows lots about TRA lol)

Hiya

If you are applying online you will need your TRA reference to complete the online application.
TRA sent us the ref no via email as soon as they had received oh application - and you could populate the online application with it straight away.
Word of warning............
If for any reason you do not get a successful outcome from TRA and you have paid money to DIAC I think this would invalidate your application and you run the risk of not getting your DIAC application fee back.

Don't mean to put a dampner on it, but it is a lot of money to be risking!!
Best of luck, hope you have a lovely xmas

C
Old Dec 21st 2009, 10:27 am
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: To people who have applied for 885 visa already (or knows lots about TRA lol)

Thanks very much.

The one thing I had really been worrying about was that you can't get the graduate visa without the skills assessment, but it seems vetassess are issuing skills assessments just for the graduate visa on qualifications, so hopefully TRA will do the same. I have been panicking I would have to go back to the UK.
Old Dec 21st 2009, 1:52 pm
excited!

SuperC has a spectacular aura aboutSuperC has a spectacular aura aboutSuperC has a spectacular aura about

Don't panic - sure you will be fine
Old Dec 22nd 2009, 8:21 pm
Forum Regular

canadiangal75 is just really nicecanadiangal75 is just really nicecanadiangal75 is just really nicecanadiangal75 is just really nicecanadiangal75 is just really nicecanadiangal75 is just really nicecanadiangal75 is just really nicecanadiangal75 is just really nicecanadiangal75 is just really nice

just wanted to say good luck! A quick question.. what documents did you provide TRA? Are payslips or proof of working hours enough? Or did you get a statement from your employer with a bunch of details including tasks and tools or equipment used etc?
Old Dec 22nd 2009, 10:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

mandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by canadiangal75
just wanted to say good luck! A quick question.. what documents did you provide TRA? Are payslips or proof of working hours enough? Or did you get a statement from your employer with a bunch of details including tasks and tools or equipment used etc?
Yeah you need the TRA ref number and health check details to proceed with online application. . .

Hubbie sent in hundreds of pages detailing what he done every time he was at work, all signed off by his boss. He also sent in all his pay slips, and a letter from his boss and you also need to do a statement yourself of all duties and responsibilities within the workplace. It's a fair amount of stuff though not sure what the minimum requirements are.

In all honesty PB, theres a fair bit involved in the application, I wouldn't go rushing it as if it's not all as it should be, the application will just be returned and you will have to re-submit with full payment again. Good luck whatever you decide to do, but I would think you really are clutching at fine straws to get everything in and done by the 1st of Jan. Though fingers crossed it works out for you.

Cheers & Good luck!!
Mandy