Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Which PCC will be used for validation date ?

Which PCC will be used for validation date ?

Old Apr 28th 2009, 11:47 am
Just Joined

JayCeeTee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Which PCC will be used for validation date ?

Hi all,

I have 2 x PCCs. One for the country I've been living in for the last 3 years (South Africa) & one for the country I lived in the six years before that (UK).

My questin is what PCC will DIAC use to determine my visa validation date, the UK one or the SA one ? The UK one I got in August 2008 & the SA one in December 2008. Meds also done in December 2008.

Need to know, so that I can re-apply for the UK one should it affect the dates.

Thank for the help.
Old Apr 28th 2009, 11:47 am
Just Joined

JayCeeTee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Which PCC will be used for validation date ?

Hi all,

I have 2 x PCCs. One for the country I've been living in for the last 3 years (South Africa) & one for the country I lived in the six years before that (UK).

My questin is what PCC will DIAC use to determine my visa validation date, the UK one or the SA one ? The UK one I got in August 2008 & the SA one in December 2008. Meds also done in December 2008.

Thanks for the help.
Old Apr 28th 2009, 11:55 am
Forum Regular

Griffangus is just really niceGriffangus is just really niceGriffangus is just really niceGriffangus is just really niceGriffangus is just really niceGriffangus is just really niceGriffangus is just really niceGriffangus is just really niceGriffangus is just really niceGriffangus is just really niceGriffangus is just really nice
Default Re: Which PCC will be used for validation date ?

Hey,

I am not 100% certain but have a similar position - previously from Zimbabwe now in UK (out of the last 10 years only just 12 months in Zim!).

Applied for Zim clearance 3 weeks ago and still waiting . My agent advised that it would be the date of the Zim clearance that would determine the final validation date but was going to email a contact to clarify. I will let you know if/when I hear anymore..........
Old Apr 28th 2009, 12:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

helloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant future

I already raised this on BE. Still waiting for answer.
Old Apr 28th 2009, 12:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Safaet will become famous soon enoughSafaet will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by JayCeeTee
Hi all,

Thanks for the help.
I think they will count December one as my Med/PCC date was January 2009 but they have put my validation date on late February 2010. So, I believe DIAC will not put you on trouble!!
Old May 18th 2009, 1:08 pm
Forum Regular

lynetteh is just really nicelynetteh is just really nicelynetteh is just really nicelynetteh is just really nicelynetteh is just really nicelynetteh is just really nicelynetteh is just really nicelynetteh is just really nice

Hi Griffangus

Please let us know how your application for a Zim PPC is going. Five years ago we needed a Zim PPC when my husband moved to South Africa. The PPC took 6 months to arrive to SA! I am wondering if there is any chance of even getting one these days given the state of Zim - from what I hear most gov workers are no longer working. We will apply for the PPC when it looks like we are close to getting a CO but am also strongly considering telling the Aussies that it is highly likely we will never get the PPC and asking them if there is any chance they might waive it given the circumstances (We still have a copy of the old PPC and can prove we have not been back to Zim since.

Cheers
Lyn
Old May 18th 2009, 1:43 pm
Forum Regular

Griffangus is just really niceGriffangus is just really niceGriffangus is just really niceGriffangus is just really niceGriffangus is just really niceGriffangus is just really niceGriffangus is just really niceGriffangus is just really niceGriffangus is just really niceGriffangus is just really niceGriffangus is just really nice

Originally Posted by lynetteh
Hi Griffangus

Please let us know how your application for a Zim PPC is going. Five years ago we needed a Zim PPC when my husband moved to South Africa. The PPC took 6 months to arrive to SA! I am wondering if there is any chance of even getting one these days given the state of Zim - from what I hear most gov workers are no longer working. We will apply for the PPC when it looks like we are close to getting a CO but am also strongly considering telling the Aussies that it is highly likely we will never get the PPC and asking them if there is any chance they might waive it given the circumstances (We still have a copy of the old PPC and can prove we have not been back to Zim since.

Cheers
Lyn

Hi Lyn,

Funny we only got the PCC last week from Zim. I have a friend still over there so sent everything by DHL to him and he submitted it and collected it for me and then sent it by DHL back to me. Took a couple of months. The payment had to be made here in the UK to a UK account in US$ and we had to send the confirmation of payment with the forms that we submitted. It was relatively painless just slow and lack of information was the only issue i felt.

All the best with yours if you do go for it.

Last edited by Griffangus; May 18th 2009 at 3:12 pm. Reason: spelling...... :P
Old May 18th 2009, 1:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

helloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant future

Thats way will work in Africa. If you dont have friend it very difficult to get the things done. Just try the same I am also trying same way from Nigeria.