PCC whilst abroad.

Old Feb 25th 2005, 10:57 pm
Forum Regular

ozanand2004 is just really niceozanand2004 is just really niceozanand2004 is just really niceozanand2004 is just really niceozanand2004 is just really niceozanand2004 is just really niceozanand2004 is just really niceozanand2004 is just really nice
Question PCC whilst abroad.

Hello All !

I have been hibernating for a while and its time again for some questions.

1) I have applied for a front-loaded skilled independent application last October (04). Now, the CO is asking for my PCC from India. FYI, I am an Indian National residing in the USA for the last 4 years. I have already submitted the PCC from the Indian Consulate here in New York (I thought this was enough). How could I possibly get a PCC from India ? This would involve me presenting my passport in person to the authorities in India. Could somebody clarify ?

2) The CO has also subtlely written that any applicant in the application who has spent 12 months or more cumulatively in any country in the last 10 years should submit a PCC from each country. She has asked that we also indicate this on form 1022 (change of circumstances) if this 12 month term is about to be completed soon, since lodging the application. My question is, my mother (secondary applicant) has visited me on 2 occassions in the USA. The first term was in 2002 and she stayed with me for 6 months. The 2nd term was in 2004 and she stayed with me for 9 months. So, they cumulate to 15 months. Do I need to get a Police clearance from USA (FBI/ State Police) for my mother ?? The CO has not asked for this explicitly, but there was this subtle message.

I am very concerned about this. I had thought that I have sent off all additional documentation as requested, now this predicament. Both of the above documents are practically impossible to obtain, as the place of residence does not allow us to do so (if only it was the other way around).

Anybody has some insights, suggestions, etc.. I would really really appreciate it...

Thanks in advance !!!
Anand.
Old Feb 26th 2005, 4:09 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PCC whilst abroad.

Originally Posted by ozanand2004
Hello All !

I have been hibernating for a while and its time again for some questions.

1) I have applied for a front-loaded skilled independent application last October (04). Now, the CO is asking for my PCC from India. FYI, I am an Indian National residing in the USA for the last 4 years. I have already submitted the PCC from the Indian Consulate here in New York (I thought this was enough). How could I possibly get a PCC from India ? This would involve me presenting my passport in person to the authorities in India. Could somebody clarify ?
Have you complied with the instructions on form 47P for getting an Indian PCC?
If so, you need to talk with your case officer.

2) The CO has also subtlely written that any applicant in the application who has spent 12 months or more cumulatively in any country in the last 10 years should submit a PCC from each country. She has asked that we also indicate this on form 1022 (change of circumstances) if this 12 month term is about to be completed soon, since lodging the application. My question is, my mother (secondary applicant) has visited me on 2 occassions in the USA. The first term was in 2002 and she stayed with me for 6 months. The 2nd term was in 2004 and she stayed with me for 9 months. So, they cumulate to 15 months. Do I need to get a Police clearance from USA (FBI/ State Police) for my mother ?? The CO has not asked for this explicitly, but there was this subtle message.
If she is part of your application, I would say she needs a US police check as normal. The police check requirement is assessed as of date of decision.

Jeremy
Old Feb 26th 2005, 4:53 pm
Forum Regular

ozanand2004 is just really niceozanand2004 is just really niceozanand2004 is just really niceozanand2004 is just really niceozanand2004 is just really niceozanand2004 is just really niceozanand2004 is just really niceozanand2004 is just really nice
Default Re: PCC whilst abroad.

Thank you Jeremy.
In page 7 of 47P, it clearly states that for Non-resident Indians, PCC should be obtained in the Indian Embassy in the country of residence (USA). I have already provided this, I guess I will talk to the CO then.

At the time of application, my mother had stayed a total of 11 months (combining 2 visits) in the USA. She did continue to stay till this January, making it a total of 14-15 months. Is this the reason, the CO is subtlely mentioning about the need for PCCs for all countries (over 12 months) for all applicants ? The only problem is the police officer has to take the finger prints in person.

Thank you !
Anand.

Originally Posted by JAJ

If she is part of your application, I would say she needs a US police check as normal. The police check requirement is assessed as of date of decision.

Jeremy
Old Feb 27th 2005, 10:49 pm
Forum Regular

Question Re: PCC whilst abroad --> URGENT Help Please !.

I have decided to talk to the CO on the Indian PCC for me, trying to establish that it is not required for me.

However, should I also talk about the USA PCC for my mother, since the CO has not explicitly mentioned that she needs one ?? In other words, is it mandatory to provide it or can I ignore the subtle message. I am asking this because my mother is back in India now and the USA PCC cannot be obtained without an in-person appearance at the local Police station for fingerprints. I am very concerned as there is not much time left and my mother cannot travel to the USA just for this...

Can somebody add to JAJ's pointers please...

Thanks in advance !! Any help appreciated @!@!
Anand.

Originally Posted by JAJ

Jeremy