PCC Got rejected

Old Oct 16th 2009, 7:08 am
Just Joined

Great_Jambo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default PCC Got rejected

Hi All, I'm in pain.....need help....
I got my PCC from Local Police Station (Sr. Superintendent Of Police) instead of Regional Passport Office. Scanned it and mailed to Adelaide. Today i got mail from APSC stating - "police clearance certificates you provided are not from the country authority." There is attachment in this mail 47P which have list of all the countries and method to get PCC. For my country, it says that resident should get PCC from RPO.
As per my knowledge, we can have PCC from either RPO or Police station. The only difference is RPO's PCC is valid for 1 yr, where as Police's PCC is for 6 months.
Can anybody suggest what exactly shall i do now? Shall i re-apply PCC from RPO and initiate a another costly & time consuming process OR is there any other way out.
BEers...............please help me.............timeline given by CO is already over :-(
Old Oct 16th 2009, 7:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PCC Got rejected

You need to do as they ask. If the instructions state you need to go to RPO for your country then that is what you have to do. There are different types of police checks in my country too, the one I got for Bermuda work permit is completely different to the one Australia wants - so I got the one they asked for.
Old Oct 16th 2009, 8:09 am
Just Joined

Great_Jambo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: PCC Got rejected

Thanks a ton, Bermudashorts. Coming Monday will be a long day......shall have a long sleep this weekend. :-(