PC will come back in New Married Name?

Old Mar 27th 2007, 11:48 am
BE Enthusiast

estherg is just really niceestherg is just really niceestherg is just really niceestherg is just really niceestherg is just really niceestherg is just really niceestherg is just really niceestherg is just really niceestherg is just really niceestherg is just really niceestherg is just really nice
Default PC will come back in New Married Name?

Can anyone advice me if its ok, CO is aware we have got married after the logged application. But my PC will come back in my new married name did mention my maiden name to MET. Will that be OK .

Also dont know when to change passport as need it for meds this week and
thought it best to change if we get visa (after) does that make sense!

Any Advice would be fab Thanks
Old Mar 27th 2007, 12:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

suzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PC will come back in New Married Name?

Originally Posted by estherg
Can anyone advice me if its ok, CO is aware we have got married after the logged application. But my PC will come back in my new married name did mention my maiden name to MET. Will that be OK .

Also dont know when to change passport as need it for meds this week and
thought it best to change if we get visa (after) does that make sense!

Any Advice would be fab Thanks
Hiya,

Won't the police need your maiden name to do a check for the full time involved anyway?
Old Mar 27th 2007, 12:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

estherg is just really niceestherg is just really niceestherg is just really niceestherg is just really niceestherg is just really niceestherg is just really niceestherg is just really niceestherg is just really niceestherg is just really niceestherg is just really niceestherg is just really nice

Originally Posted by suzimc
Hiya,

Won't the police need your maiden name to do a check for the full time involved anyway?
Yeah they have my maiden name and my new married name, just thought that immi may say thats not ok!! I never had police check, OH already with them because he always has to have checks because of his job.getting stressed out and any reason I could mess up our chances
Old Mar 27th 2007, 1:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

suzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah they have my maiden name and my new married name, just thought that immi may say thats not ok!! I never had police check, OH already with them because he always has to have checks because of his job.getting stressed out and any reason I could mess up our chances
Ah, i'm sure it will all be fine - although I'll stand corrected if any of the agents can give you a definite answer. I'd include a copy of your marriage certificate just to make it completely clear though. Or you could call the MET and check whether your maiden name will be on the form and if not whether it could be. I don't know what else they could ask you to do. I had no idea that a name change through marriage could cause so much hassle with some of the strangest things (e.g. my BA Exec Club card which is currently still in my maiden name over a year later!)until I had to do all that myself.

It's horrible going through the process but when it's all over you will look back and say, hey, it wasn't so bad, and it's not worth tying yourself in knots about

Good luck with it
Old Mar 27th 2007, 2:30 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

If they have both names you should be OK, if the check does come back with only one name and DIAC query it then you can ring the Met at the number on the police check and ask that they send a correct one with both names, asap. People have done this when its happened in the past and they get the re-check back very quickly.

You mention that your husband already has a police check - 2 things to beware of here - if the check is one done for his work, by the Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) then that is NOT a check for immigration purposes, and he will need to get a proper Subject Access check like yours will be.
Also, DIAC will use the date of his police check or medical, which ever was done first, as his validation date - ie the date by which he has to enter Australia, so if he is planning to use a police check done a while ago he may need to apply again anyway. They use the date on which the police check was done, not the date on which it is sent to DIAC.

Lastly - make sure that your visa is issued in the same name as your passport -so if you are not planning to change your passport yet, then make sure that DIAC are aware that the visa should be issued in your maiden name. Once you get the new passport then you can get a visa sticker to match the new passport at any DIAC office. You may be OK travelling with a passport in one name and a visa in the other, I don't know if there is a rule prohibiting this, but it will quite possibly cause delays at check-in and then at Immigration.
Old Mar 27th 2007, 2:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks, Just spoke to nice lady at the MET, she said it will come back in my new name but both names will have been checked. GOD this is becoming so stressful. I only got married two weeks ago and thought it best to wait for my PC until then. But my CO just asked for a copy of the marriage cert , PC for me and medicals for the whole family.

OH sent his PC (dated Oct 06), because we had them from Scotland Yard.
Did not think they could date poss visa from that date

Thanks Pollyanna, did hope you may see my post. Saw you know loads about PC!!
Old Mar 27th 2007, 2:50 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, Just spoke to nice lady at the MET, she said it will come back in my new name but both names will have been checked. GOD this is becoming so stressful. I only got married two weeks ago and thought it best to wait for my PC until then. But my CO just asked for a copy of the marriage cert , PC for me and medicals for the whole family.

OH sent his PC (dated Oct 06), because we had them from Scotland Yard.
Did not think they could date poss visa from that date

Thanks Pollyanna, did hope you may see my post. Saw you know loads about PC!!
Yep, if his was dated Oct 06, then theres a good chance that they will give a validation date of October 07....unless you send off for another one for him, then they will be using the date of the medicals, or of your own check, whichever is the earlier. Might be worth the £10 to give you longer to move - depends how quick you plan to go.

Old Mar 27th 2007, 2:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks, have to get out there before Sept for a look about (sounds silly but children and school). Now wondering about the passport, will I have time to change before all details sent by deadline

Thanks again Pollyanna