Pay at Magistrates or free??

Old Mar 19th 2007, 6:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

nigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud of
Default Pay at Magistrates or free??

Hi,

Rang local Magistrates today to ask about signing docs. They said if its under oath its £8. If it a court official it free....

So which one is it to be???

Cheers

Nigel
Old Mar 19th 2007, 6:39 pm
Loving it in SA

Katsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pay at Magistrates or free??

Originally Posted by nigelb
Hi,

Rang local Magistrates today to ask about signing docs. They said if its under oath its £8. If it a court official it free....

So which one is it to be???

Cheers

Nigel
we got a friends hubby to sign our he is a police officer.

but we also got a JP to sign some for us and that was free.

go for free mate dnt give em owt they dnt deserve lol.
Old Mar 19th 2007, 7:05 pm
Just Joined

TanseyHouse is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Katsmajics other half !!!
we got a friends hubby to sign our he is a police officer.

but we also got a JP to sign some for us and that was free.

go for free mate dnt give em owt they dnt deserve lol.
Hi
We are just starting the process and am just filling in the application for skills assesment - did you just photocopy your documents and get your friend to sign them?
Thanks
Old Mar 19th 2007, 8:05 pm
Forum Regular

seanshellluke has a brilliant futureseanshellluke has a brilliant futureseanshellluke has a brilliant futureseanshellluke has a brilliant futureseanshellluke has a brilliant futureseanshellluke has a brilliant futureseanshellluke has a brilliant futureseanshellluke has a brilliant future

Hi
We took ours to the local magistrates court two weeks ago and they signed two sets of copies. We had three magistrates who signed them all for us in one go. They never charged anything it was free. We printined on the back of everthing ie name, address, position, signnature, date etc and they filled in the blanks, they didn't have a stamp and handwrote them all they were great.
Michelle
Old Mar 20th 2007, 9:55 am
Forum Regular

Navis is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by seanshellluke
Hi
We took ours to the local magistrates court two weeks ago and they signed two sets of copies. We had three magistrates who signed them all for us in one go. They never charged anything it was free. We printined on the back of everthing ie name, address, position, signnature, date etc and they filled in the blanks, they didn't have a stamp and handwrote them all they were great.
Michelle
It seems to vary dependant on where you live. I had to send a lot of documents so they wanted to charge me £8 each!! This would have cost a fortune as you need 2 sets, one for the skills assessment and one for the visa application.

I phoned around a lot of solicitors etc and they all wanted way too much. In the end I found a local guy who was actually a housing solicitor but agreed to do the whole lot for £20. They photocopied them on the premises, stamped them and then he signe every one of them.

They have to be black and white copies BTW.

So if you are lucky enough to have a JP who will do it for free then go for it. If you have lots of documents perhaps don't tell them in advance!!
Old Mar 20th 2007, 12:51 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Navis
It seems to vary dependant on where you live. I had to send a lot of documents so they wanted to charge me £8 each!! This would have cost a fortune as you need 2 sets, one for the skills assessment and one for the visa application.

I phoned around a lot of solicitors etc and they all wanted way too much. In the end I found a local guy who was actually a housing solicitor but agreed to do the whole lot for £20. They photocopied them on the premises, stamped them and then he signe every one of them.

They have to be black and white copies BTW.

So if you are lucky enough to have a JP who will do it for free then go for it. If you have lots of documents perhaps don't tell them in advance!!
Uxbridge magistrates court JPs did them for £7 the lot.

btw, we had some colour copies in there and it wasn't a problem.

Buzzy
Old Mar 20th 2007, 12:55 pm
AUS OR BUST!!!!!!

kelkins44 is just really nicekelkins44 is just really nicekelkins44 is just really nicekelkins44 is just really nicekelkins44 is just really nicekelkins44 is just really nicekelkins44 is just really nicekelkins44 is just really nice

got mine for free - and a cup of tea and a chat with our mate whos a policeman!!!
Old Mar 20th 2007, 2:37 pm
Karoola!!!!!!

GaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to all

We got first lot of documents filled in by a JP who one of my wifes friends knew, He told us JP's could not charge for signing documents?? Needed some more documents signing in a rush yesterday and call a solicitor, They charged us £5 per document and was very friendly and also confirmed JP's are not ment to charge for signing documents!!!
Probobaly doesn't help anyone but just thought I would say what we had been told.
Gary and Vikky
Old Mar 20th 2007, 4:38 pm
Forum Regular

wesleyandjoanne is just really nicewesleyandjoanne is just really nicewesleyandjoanne is just really nicewesleyandjoanne is just really nicewesleyandjoanne is just really nicewesleyandjoanne is just really nicewesleyandjoanne is just really nicewesleyandjoanne is just really nicewesleyandjoanne is just really nicewesleyandjoanne is just really nice

Was getting docs signed yest, had appt booked at magistrate court and they wanted to charge us £8 each sheet as well - er don't think so. :curse:

Ended up going to the sols who we used when buying our house, he did them for us, but it was £45. At this point just wanted to get them copied and sent off, sure they could have been done cheaper.

Have photocopied, the certified set to go with the visa, coz hopefully we will get a positive tra response letter back

Jo