Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

password not recognised cannot believe it!!

password not recognised cannot believe it!!

Old Jul 31st 2008, 11:03 am
BE Enthusiast

jollyswagman has a spectacular aura aboutjollyswagman has a spectacular aura aboutjollyswagman has a spectacular aura about
Default password not recognised cannot believe it!!

I am gutted, i have completed online visa and cannot get back in to attach documents as it dosn't recognise my password!!! I will have to email my documents and will not be able to check my application online!!
I feel so upset stayed up last night and waited an hour on phone to speak to someone in processing and have been told they cannot re issue passwords so i will just have to attach to an email! This is not a comforting thought but that is my only option apparently!
Please please everyone be very careful and have your docs already in pdf and upload straight away and don't make my mistake of logging out and not being able to get back in!
I wrote password down and have tried it every other way but no use!!
Old Jul 31st 2008, 11:08 am
Forum Regular

Summer05 has a reputation beyond reputeSummer05 has a reputation beyond reputeSummer05 has a reputation beyond reputeSummer05 has a reputation beyond reputeSummer05 has a reputation beyond reputeSummer05 has a reputation beyond reputeSummer05 has a reputation beyond reputeSummer05 has a reputation beyond reputeSummer05 has a reputation beyond reputeSummer05 has a reputation beyond reputeSummer05 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: password not recognised cannot believe it!!

I did the same last night. I exited the application without uploading the documents, but don't panic as you can still attach documents on line. I think all you need is your TRN number and all the details.

THe website has been playing a lot. I was told we can not give you a password at this time, and simply logged me off the system. Today I checked and my password was working.

I am sure there must be a way to retrieve your password. Send DIAC an e-mail.

HOpy you resolve it soon. It's frustrating isn't it?
Old Jul 31st 2008, 11:19 am
BE Enthusiast

jollyswagman has a spectacular aura aboutjollyswagman has a spectacular aura aboutjollyswagman has a spectacular aura about

Thanks for your support i need all i can get, couldn't sleep last night as i was so worried, the man at the immigration said that people should complain as the staff get no where when they complain about not being able to reissue passwords! I know the password i am entering is right but it is still not accepting!
I am reassured that you say i can attach by using the TRN no and i will try that in a minute.
I thought i was so organised but we have way too much info as you are only allowed so much and i had to convert it all to pdf and for some reason it is all upside down! I wouldn,t mind but it took hours to do and i am going to have to try and sort that and then send!
I feel very tempted to send it all upside down Ha Ha
Debbie
Old Jul 31st 2008, 11:58 am
Just Joined

newlifeinoz is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: password not recognised cannot believe it!!

Hi,

I dont mean to be blunt but in my opinion the visa application is one of the most important applications you will fill in your entire life and yet you managed to forget the password. No sympathy from me and its crucial that these things are not hurried or written down in haste. I do find it incredible that an adult would do that!!
Old Jul 31st 2008, 12:09 pm
Forum Regular

confuzzled is just really niceconfuzzled is just really niceconfuzzled is just really niceconfuzzled is just really niceconfuzzled is just really niceconfuzzled is just really niceconfuzzled is just really niceconfuzzled is just really niceconfuzzled is just really niceconfuzzled is just really nice

Originally Posted by newlifeinoz
Hi,

I dont mean to be blunt but in my opinion the visa application is one of the most important applications you will fill in your entire life and yet you managed to forget the password. No sympathy from me and its crucial that these things are not hurried or written down in haste. I do find it incredible that an adult would do that!!
i am not sure that comment was necessary. The OP said she wrote down the passoword correctly, how do you know it is not a website glitch? As you said this is an important application and having a go at someone already stressed is just not cool IMO
Old Jul 31st 2008, 12:13 pm
Holy c%*p, I'm in!!!

lilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nice

Hi,

Where does it say that anyone forgot a password? I think it's more of a case of the system not recognising a password that was put in place, it has happened in the past, I have seen similiar posts.

Nice first post mate!

Usually people are looking for advise or reassurance when posting on here, not criticism, it doens't help
Old Jul 31st 2008, 12:19 pm
Just Joined

i doubt its not recognised...its more of a forgotten password. These forums are around to re-assure people regarding the intricacies of the visa process not forgotten passwords. I just think that if someone has forgotten a password..i would hate to see the state of their application.
Old Jul 31st 2008, 12:22 pm
Forum Regular

confuzzled is just really niceconfuzzled is just really niceconfuzzled is just really niceconfuzzled is just really niceconfuzzled is just really niceconfuzzled is just really niceconfuzzled is just really niceconfuzzled is just really niceconfuzzled is just really niceconfuzzled is just really nice

i doubt its not recognised...its more of a forgotten password. These forums are around to re-assure people regarding the intricacies of the visa process not forgotten passwords. I just think that if someone has forgotten a password..i would hate to see the state of their application.
Irrespective unless you can catagorically say it is her fault, your post was not necessary. You dont know what happened (unless you were in her living room looking over her shoulder) so please dont judge.

I do hope others are more understanding of you if you have a dilemma that you have been of the OP (esp in your first post... really poor form)
Old Jul 31st 2008, 12:27 pm
Just Joined

ill leave the post and let you continue pandering to adults who really should know better
Old Jul 31st 2008, 12:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Daydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really nice

Even if the OP did forget their password, its unnecessary to be mean when someone is looking for help.

This is an extremely stressful time and people come on here not only ask questions, but also to share their experiences with people in similar situations.
Old Jul 31st 2008, 12:28 pm
Holy c%*p, I'm in!!!

lilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nice

Your argument is based on the fact that a password was forgotten which according to this thread is not the case. Why join a forum and be instantly negative and critical from the outset?
Old Jul 31st 2008, 12:38 pm
Forum Regular

Summer05 has a reputation beyond reputeSummer05 has a reputation beyond reputeSummer05 has a reputation beyond reputeSummer05 has a reputation beyond reputeSummer05 has a reputation beyond reputeSummer05 has a reputation beyond reputeSummer05 has a reputation beyond reputeSummer05 has a reputation beyond reputeSummer05 has a reputation beyond reputeSummer05 has a reputation beyond reputeSummer05 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

With all due respect to your post, I must stress that your comment above is rubbish. I am an adult educated to Master Degree level, and YES last night with a IT tech husband, when we submitted our online application the password we entered was not accepted... the page gave us an error message. We entried another password a new one... then sth happened.... and it logged us out. The web site is very tempremental, especially when you have got that open for a few hrs filling in the forms.... as this is one of the most important things in life.

Today, I simply tried to logg on to my application and my initial password was accepted, which I couldn't believe.

This forum is great and most of the people in here are wonderful, and very helpful.The moderators, and migration agent like George Lombard and Alan Collet take their time to give sound advicein here, and above all the forum members are an excellent support to each other... so please do not spoil it with your unbased criticism.

It's much better not to say anything at all.
Old Jul 31st 2008, 1:20 pm
Forum Regular

peacemaker27 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Summer05
With all due respect to your post, I must stress that your comment above is rubbish. I am an adult educated to Master Degree level, and YES last night with a IT tech husband, when we submitted our online application the password we entered was not accepted... the page gave us an error message. We entried another password a new one... then sth happened.... and it logged us out. The web site is very tempremental, especially when you have got that open for a few hrs filling in the forms.... as this is one of the most important things in life.

Today, I simply tried to logg on to my application and my initial password was accepted, which I couldn't believe.

This forum is great and most of the people in here are wonderful, and very helpful.The moderators, and migration agent like George Lombard and Alan Collet take their time to give sound advicein here, and above all the forum members are an excellent support to each other... so please do not spoil it with your unbased criticism.

It's much better not to say anything at all.
Hi,

Even I submitted by application yesterday and experienced the same problem and stress. When I tried it today, all is fine and world seems a different place

I wish I had seen you post earlier..I could have reached out to you and let you know that this is common and not to worry.

Anyway..the good news is that you are able to submit successfully.

Peacemaker
Old Jul 31st 2008, 1:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thank you so much to all you lovely people who have supported me on this thread, as you so kindly defended me it is true that i did not forget the password i printed off the page with my password on as advised on the site. When i rang immigration last night the line kept cutting off and then the number was not recognized and before you say i rang the wrong number i kept pressing redial as i could see the correct number displayed on the phone. When i finally spoke with someone they told me the department were having trouble with the phone lines and also they have had many calls where the password could not be recognized and that they had spent billions on their computer system and that applicants should complain as it is very stressful and also means that admin at their end has to receive documents by email and then create files! The man was very sympathetic and criticized the system that this keeps occurring and that they cannot access system to provide new password! The staff are continually complaining to management.
I wish the poster who was so negative all the luck in his application and hope the same doesn't happen to him!
I am well aware that this is an important document and that is why i am so upset! I am not some stupid adult as implied, and i think it very cruel that you should question what my application is like! I hope yours does not come across as an arrogant ignoramus!
Old Jul 31st 2008, 2:10 pm
Forum Regular

Kryptonix will become famous soon enoughKryptonix will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by jollyswagman
Thank you so much to all you lovely people who have supported me on this thread, as you so kindly defended me it is true that i did not forget the password i printed off the page with my password on as advised on the site. When i rang immigration last night the line kept cutting off and then the number was not recognized and before you say i rang the wrong number i kept pressing redial as i could see the correct number displayed on the phone. When i finally spoke with someone they told me the department were having trouble with the phone lines and also they have had many calls where the password could not be recognized and that they had spent billions on their computer system and that applicants should complain as it is very stressful and also means that admin at their end has to receive documents by email and then create files! The man was very sympathetic and criticized the system that this keeps occurring and that they cannot access system to provide new password! The staff are continually complaining to management.
I wish the poster who was so negative all the luck in his application and hope the same doesn't happen to him!
I am well aware that this is an important document and that is why i am so upset! I am not some stupid adult as implied, and i think it very cruel that you should question what my application is like! I hope yours does not come across as an arrogant ignoramus!
So I take it you're going to e-mail your docs over? I had a similar password problem, I was able to upload some docs fine then when I tried to upload the rest it wouldn't let me back in (using the same password). 2 weeks later of trying to log in daily and with no success I just e-mailed them the docs (with a read & delivery receipt). Since had an e-mail saying back saying received and all ok. At the time very frustrating & worrying. Main thing to do if you e-mail the docs over is to keep the sent e-mail in case you need it further down the line. You can still check the progress of your online application as you don't need a password to see the status.

Good luck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.