Passports Returned in 36 hours!!!!!!!!

Old Apr 9th 2005, 3:55 pm
Forum Regular

stressed out will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up Passports Returned in 36 hours!!!!!!!!

Hi Everyone
We received an E-Mail from our case officer to say our visas had been granted (6th April )We fly to oz 21 st April. After reading our grant letter it stated you need to leave 5 working days before you send your passport to London and then up to 15 working days to have your visas placed in your passport.!!!!! If you look at our time we only had 11 working days to get our passports to london and have them returned. I rung the Austrlian High Commisssion in London to ask if we could call in person,the answer was NO!!!
What were we to do. I then e-mailed London and they said 3 working days and to send our passports in.

So I sent them (they were sent Thursday pm and got returned Saturday am) How quick was that......

We can now get on with all the other things we need to do.

I have to say a thank you to our case offficer she was great.Also to Australia House in London.
May I wish all of you waiting good luck
Old Apr 9th 2005, 4:10 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Passports Returned in 36 hours!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by stressed out
Hi Everyone
We received an E-Mail from our case officer to say our visas had been granted (6th April )We fly to oz 21 st April. After reading our grant letter it stated you need to leave 5 working days before you send your passport to London and then up to 15 working days to have your visas placed in your passport.!!!!! If you look at our time we only had 11 working days to get our passports to london and have them returned. I rung the Austrlian High Commisssion in London to ask if we could call in person,the answer was NO!!!
What were we to do. I then e-mailed London and they said 3 working days and to send our passports in.

So I sent them (they were sent Thursday pm and got returned Saturday am) How quick was that......

I have to say a thank you to our case offficer she was great.Also to Australia House in London.

Sent you a PM
Old Apr 9th 2005, 10:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Chris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really nice

Hi Everyone

Gosh that was quick!!
Hopefully you can chill now and enjoy the rest, is that it for you now are you on your one way ticket or is this a validation trip??

Good luck
Chris
Old Apr 10th 2005, 7:54 pm
Forum Regular

stressed out will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Chris Mitchell
Gosh that was quick!!
Hopefully you can chill now and enjoy the rest, is that it for you now are you on your one way ticket or is this a validation trip??

Good luck
Chris

Hi Chris
We have the packers coming onthe 14th april , we move out our house on the 18th and we fly to oz on the 21st april. We are still trying to sort Kids toys etc and are having a few tears, but I suppose it was bound to happen.
Have still to do the goodbye bit to friends and family ( not looking forward to that ) Both myself and my wife's dad are quite poorly at the moment,so am feeling very bad about the whole thing.
We have booked return tickets with Singapore and are valid for a year,so we are coming back to uk for a holiday next year or incase we may need them for any other reasons,but we dont intend coming back any earlier.
I wish we could chill but as you may well find in the future,SO MUCH has to be done before we leave,the wife is a nervous wreck.
Good luck for the future
John/Rose
Old Apr 10th 2005, 8:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Chris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really nice

Hi Chris
We have the packers coming onthe 14th april , we move out our house on the 18th and we fly to oz on the 21st april. We are still trying to sort Kids toys etc and are having a few tears, but I suppose it was bound to happen.
Have still to do the goodbye bit to friends and family ( not looking forward to that ) Both myself and my wife's dad are quite poorly at the moment,so am feeling very bad about the whole thing.
We have booked return tickets with Singapore and are valid for a year,so we are coming back to uk for a holiday next year or incase we may need them for any other reasons,but we dont intend coming back any earlier.
I wish we could chill but as you may well find in the future,SO MUCH has to be done before we leave,the wife is a nervous wreck.
Good luck for the future
John/Rose
Hi,
sorry to hear your Dads are poorly, it must make it very difficult. Just had my Nan on the phone she'll be 80 in a few weeks had afew tears coz she said she didnt want us to go, not that anything is sorted yet, so played it down.

We have just put the house on the market so are rapidly thinning out toys, games etc just in case.

Not looking forward to being where you are at, take care and all the best, hope your Dads are soon well.

Chris
Old Apr 11th 2005, 4:55 am
Forum Regular

gingerlion is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone know if my visa is sent to London can I ask them to send it on to the Aus embassy in Hong Kong for me to get stamped into my passport?

Reason being is that Im on holiday in Asia at the moment and want to go straight on to Aus not back home first.

Thanks