Passport validity question

Old Dec 12th 2007, 11:19 am
Forum Regular

deano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud of
Default Passport validity question

I've had a mail from DIAC asking for a copy of my wifes passport. I have asked our agent for clarification, but I thought I'd check with you fine people too as we did send all the required copies with the application.

The one thought is that her passport runs out in May-08 and there is not enough validity left. Do you know how long a passport needs to be valid for?

Ta muchly
-d

Last edited by deano66; Dec 12th 2007 at 11:30 am.
Old Dec 12th 2007, 11:27 am
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Passport validity question

Originally Posted by deano66
I've had a mail from DIAC asking for a copy of my wifes passport. I have asked our agent for clarification, but in thought I'd check with you fine people too as we did send all the required copies with the application.

The one thought is that her passport runs out in May-08 and there is not enough validity left. Do you know how long a passport needs to be valid for?

Ta muchly
-d
Hi, I know DIAC advise you on their website to have at least 2 years left on your passport when applying. As your wife only has 5 months left on her passport they may give you the option to re-new it before granting the visa.
Beth x x
Old Dec 12th 2007, 12:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute

" Sort of" relevant - http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=498094.

Unless you would be disadvantaged by a delay of maybe a couple of weeks in getting your visa, I'd renew her passport now and tell DIMA that is what you are doing. The Passport Office will add on up to 9 months of unexpired validity, so her passport will expire on the same date whether you apply for it now or in May and it's much easier to start with a visa label in a new passport rather than having the hassle of getting it transferred to the new one.
Old Dec 12th 2007, 12:13 pm
Forum Regular

deano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by louie
" Sort of" relevant - http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=498094.

Unless you would be disadvantaged by a delay of maybe a couple of weeks in getting your visa, I'd renew her passport now and tell DIMA that is what you are doing. The Passport Office will add on up to 9 months of unexpired validity, so her passport will expire on the same date whether you apply for it now or in May and it's much easier to start with a visa label in a new passport rather than having the hassle of getting it transferred to the new one.
Thanks for the replies. We are going to renew - as you say, its only a couple of weeks and it'll save hassle in May.

Cheers
-d
Old Dec 12th 2007, 6:12 pm
Forum Regular

loolaa1909 is just really niceloolaa1909 is just really niceloolaa1909 is just really niceloolaa1909 is just really niceloolaa1909 is just really niceloolaa1909 is just really niceloolaa1909 is just really niceloolaa1909 is just really nice

I have recently renewed mine and my daughters passports and we had them both back within a week so definitely worth doing now.
Laura x