Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Passport renewal q: Irish passport in UK with Oz visa!

Passport renewal q: Irish passport in UK with Oz visa!

Old Sep 17th 2008, 11:38 am
not sure...

RedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond repute
Question Passport renewal q: Irish passport in UK with Oz visa!

A theoretical question regarding my passport!

I live in the UK and have an Irish passport. It’s a pain in the ass as it is to get it renewed, I can’t imagine what it will be like after a visa stamp goes in it. I have two years left on my passport but we’re hoping to get our visa by the end of the year (fingers crossed!!). I thought I might renew my passport before I get the stamp put in as it would give me 8 years of passport validity after we move to Oz in 2010. Is that more sensible than getting the stamp in and then having to renew it just before we emigrate?

Ta!

Thérèse
Old Sep 17th 2008, 2:51 pm
not sure...

RedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Passport renewal q: Irish passport in UK with Oz visa!

*bump*

Old Sep 17th 2008, 5:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

helena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by RedT
A theoretical question regarding my passport!

I live in the UK and have an Irish passport. It’s a pain in the ass as it is to get it renewed, I can’t imagine what it will be like after a visa stamp goes in it. I have two years left on my passport but we’re hoping to get our visa by the end of the year (fingers crossed!!). I thought I might renew my passport before I get the stamp put in as it would give me 8 years of passport validity after we move to Oz in 2010. Is that more sensible than getting the stamp in and then having to renew it just before we emigrate?

Ta!

Thérèse

Hi
We got our visa in July and OH's passport needs to be renewed before we leave for Oz early next year. Once it is renewed you just send it off to Aus House and they will put the stamp in the new one. Other than that you can carry both passports everytime you traval.

Helena
Old Sep 18th 2008, 8:52 am
not sure...

oh cool, i hadn't thought of that! Thanks Helena!