Passport Expiry

Old Dec 20th 2005, 10:59 am
Forum Regular

it_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to all
Default Passport Expiry

Just about to send off form 1022, and I'venoticed that my son's passport expires May 2006 - should I renew first or will it be ok to leave?
Old Dec 20th 2005, 11:32 am
vb2
bradford 2 brissy at last

vb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Passport Expiry

my advice is to renew it first, ours expired may 06 also and we renewed them and then sent the new details in the form 1022, if you dont, you will only have to send another form 1022 with the new details on
regards
vb2

Originally Posted by it_hooker
Just about to send off form 1022, and I'venoticed that my son's passport expires May 2006 - should I renew first or will it be ok to leave?
Old Dec 20th 2005, 3:24 pm
Forum Regular

Swing-Your-Pants has a spectacular aura aboutSwing-Your-Pants has a spectacular aura aboutSwing-Your-Pants has a spectacular aura about

Hi vb2,

Did you have to send a certified copy of your new passport with the 1022 form ?

Cheers - Des
Old Dec 20th 2005, 3:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Swing-Your-Pants
Hi vb2,

Cheers - Des
You need to have to years on passport for visa, also yes you do need to send certified copy with the form. I've just had to do ours.

Hope this helps
Wendy
Old Dec 21st 2005, 12:13 am
Just Joined

kimosavi is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone, I'm in this position, I've got PR last September, and will validate it next February, I just got a new passport and wonder what I should do. Should I inform dimia? Could I use the new one without problems to enter Australia since the PR is in the old one? the old one is valid until next July. Should i save the new one until next July?

thanks for your comments....
Old Dec 21st 2005, 6:47 am
Forum Regular

chmushi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kimosavi
Hi everyone, I'm in this position, I've got PR last September, and will validate it next February, I just got a new passport and wonder what I should do. Should I inform dimia? Could I use the new one without problems to enter Australia since the PR is in the old one? the old one is valid until next July. Should i save the new one until next July?

Hi kimosavi,

In some countries they do cancell your old passport(by putting ink stamp on older one) when they issue new one, and they advise you to keep old passport with new one at-least for 2 years. in my case this happened too. Yes u can still travle on your new passport with visa on old one. But,
1st you have to inform DIMIA by submitting From 1022 with new passport's certified copy and then show both the passports at the airport.
2nd, Make sure you reach Airport well before time at-least 4 to 5 hours prior to flight time, cuz many airlines first confirm it directly from DIMIA and then after gettig back any response they allow you to board.
Hope this may help.
Old Dec 21st 2005, 7:11 am
Forum Regular

it_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to all

Originally Posted by chmushi
Hi kimosavi,

In some countries they do cancell your old passport(by putting ink stamp on older one) when they issue new one, and they advise you to keep old passport with new one at-least for 2 years. in my case this happened too. Yes u can still travle on your new passport with visa on old one. But,
1st you have to inform DIMIA by submitting From 1022 with new passport's certified copy and then show both the passports at the airport.
2nd, Make sure you reach Airport well before time at-least 4 to 5 hours prior to flight time, cuz many airlines first confirm it directly from DIMIA and then after gettig back any response they allow you to board.
Hope this may help.
Surely once you have a PR visa the need to advise DIMIA via form 1022 of any changes is not necessary?
Old Dec 21st 2005, 7:15 am
BE Enthusiast

mvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by kimosavi

Does this mean that DIMIA do issue migrant visas to passports with less than 2 years validity or do they always make you renew your passport before they issue the visa?

Thanks
Madhu
Old Dec 21st 2005, 8:08 am
vb2

vb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud of

no they only asked for a scanned copy of our biopages for the new one, but it might be worth while sending certified copies just to save hassle later.
regards
vb2

Originally Posted by Swing-Your-Pants
Hi vb2,

Cheers - Des
Old Dec 21st 2005, 8:12 am
vb2

they do issue them, but it is a lot of hassle getting your passport renewed and then adding the visa again once its expired, therefore its easier to renew in your own country and then you have 10 years!!
regards
vb2

Originally Posted by mvt550
Does this mean that DIMIA do issue migrant visas to passports with less than 2 years validity or do they always make you renew your passport before they issue the visa?

Thanks
Madhu
Old Dec 21st 2005, 8:54 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mvt550

Thanks
Madhu
Hi Madhu,

DIMIA issues a migrant visa to a person not to a passport :-), they dont have any objection if ur passport is gonna expire in some months. But the point is that you yourself make urself at ease if u have at-least 2 years validity period on your passport. It is the applicant's responsibility to provide Passports with ample validity period over it. DIMIA wont ever refuse the visa once it is granted.
cheers.
Old Dec 21st 2005, 8:59 am

chatty34 is an unknown quantity at this point

Our Visas were issued with only 10 months left in our passports, we now have new passports but the visas in the old passports are still valid, just means that you have a handful of passports when travelling.
Old Dec 21st 2005, 9:00 am
Forum Regular

Surely once you have a PR visa the need to advise DIMIA via form 1022 of any changes is not necessary?
Hi ITHooker,

Your liability to inform DIMIA about the change in circumstances (Passport change also comes in it) extends upto your initial entry to Australia. Aftre that no need to send Form 1022.
Cheers...