Passport Certified? Which pages?

Old Mar 6th 2005, 6:37 pm
tkemp

Default Passport Certified? Which pages?

Hi

I am about to submit my application for defacto visa to Oz and am seeing a solictor tomorrow to get my passport and birth certificate certified. Do I need to get every page of the passport certified or just those pages with stamps on plus the picture page?

Thanks for your help!

Cheers

Old Mar 6th 2005, 6:41 pm
Forum Regular

matt n ann marie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Passport Certified? Which pages?

Originally Posted by tkemp
Hi

I am about to submit my application for defacto visa to Oz and am seeing a solictor tomorrow to get my passport and birth certificate certified. Do I need to get every page of the passport certified or just those pages with stamps on plus the picture page?

Thanks for your help!

Cheers
HI

My agent says that you can get away with the photo page only.
We had ours done last week,
Old Mar 6th 2005, 6:49 pm
Forum Regular

Jamiem is just really niceJamiem is just really niceJamiem is just really niceJamiem is just really niceJamiem is just really niceJamiem is just really niceJamiem is just really niceJamiem is just really nice

Originally Posted by matt n ann marie
HI

My agent says that you can get away with the photo page only.
We had ours done last week,
i got the one's which were stamped done as well. -saves them asking for them if you give them in the first place? Not going to increase the cost significantly so I'd def send them in. sorry to contradict! ;-)

jamie
Old Mar 6th 2005, 7:38 pm
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Thanks for your help!

Cheers
ANY page that has ANYTHING on it should be certified. (Usually referred to as non-blank pages)

Binbird
Old Mar 6th 2005, 9:22 pm
GC family day carer

68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with binbird. It clearly states on one of the checklists that you need to submit a certified copy of passport biodata page (photo page) aswell as all non-blank pages (pages that have been stamped)
Marie
Old Mar 6th 2005, 10:03 pm
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 68MEVY
I agree with binbird.
I do too ! For a relatively small amount of money (in comparisson to cost of medicals) it would be worth it. I'd be kicking myself if things were held up over something like this.
Gillian
Old Mar 7th 2005, 12:50 am
Forum Regular

mamichelle is on a distinguished road

Hi

Thanks for your help!

Cheers
I did every page for my defacto visa- saves having to do iot later if requested.
Old Mar 7th 2005, 9:49 am
BE Forum Addict

spottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of light

For our 136 application I sent the bio pages only and I wasn't asked for any others.
Old Mar 7th 2005, 11:06 am
Forum Regular

Sebastian will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by spottydog
For our 136 application I sent the bio pages only and I wasn't asked for any others.
Hi,

My work involes lot of travelling. I travel out of country atleast twice a month.

So my passport had two booklets with stamps in almost all the pages.

Even though it is written that we need to certify all non blank pages, (initially i wanted to certify all the non blank pages), in my case the non blank pages becomes like a book. After a real long and tough disussion and thinking i just decided to certify the biodata page & visa page (I am a resident of UAE). I sent off the application with just that.

In my case it looks like it was enough, coz, i recieved my acknowledgement, and medicals requeset from DIMIA.

But u never know. It all depends on so many factors, like th case officer's mood when he/she is checking etc. If the non blank pages are not many like mine, might as well certify them.

However, you have to make that decision.

Best of luck!

Sebastian