Passed IELTS, now what?

Old Dec 23rd 2008, 8:30 am
Forum Regular

walkerroo has a brilliant futurewalkerroo has a brilliant futurewalkerroo has a brilliant futurewalkerroo has a brilliant futurewalkerroo has a brilliant futurewalkerroo has a brilliant futurewalkerroo has a brilliant future
Default Passed IELTS, now what?

Hey everyone, I managed to score an average score of 8.0 on the IELTS without going under 7.0

I'm off to Oz on Feb 14th for an initial year but would like to set the wheels in motion for my skilled 175.

Would it be better for me to arrange medicals, police checks etc before they are requested as I will be in Oz no doubt when all this stuff gets requested.

Has any Brit managed to complete the 175 process while actually living in Oz or is it best to be in the UK at the time?

Thanks in advance
Old Dec 23rd 2008, 9:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Safaet will become famous soon enoughSafaet will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Passed IELTS, now what?

Originally Posted by walkerroo
Hey everyone, I managed to score an average score of 8.0 on the IELTS without going under 7.0

I'm off to Oz on Feb 14th for an initial year but would like to set the wheels in motion for my skilled 175.

Would it be better for me to arrange medicals, police checks etc before they are requested as I will be in Oz no doubt when all this stuff gets requested.

Has any Brit managed to complete the 175 process while actually living in Oz or is it best to be in the UK at the time?

Thanks in advance
Hi,
Have you already applied for 175? If not, then please go for your skills assessment and final application....then PCC and medical...
Old Jan 5th 2009, 4:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Capt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to all

Thanks in advance
Was it a breeze getting 8 by the way- i'm practicing it but finding it isnt as easy as you think - even though I teach level 3 communication!!!
Old Jan 5th 2009, 6:05 pm
Forum Regular

walkerroo has a brilliant futurewalkerroo has a brilliant futurewalkerroo has a brilliant futurewalkerroo has a brilliant futurewalkerroo has a brilliant futurewalkerroo has a brilliant futurewalkerroo has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Capt Emz I Think
Was it a breeze getting 8 by the way- i'm practicing it but finding it isnt as easy as you think - even though I teach level 3 communication!!!
It's crazy isn't it! You'd think being a native English speaker it would all be simple and it kind of is.. I found I just had to be careful with the listening and writing because you only hear the answers once and if you miss an answer then there's no opportunity to hear a repeat.

I actually only got a 7 in the reading but got high in all the others, you'll find the writing and speaking one a breeze.

By the way are you taking the General or Academic test? I took the General one which I imagine is a lot easier.

Let me know how you get on and best of luck
Old Jan 5th 2009, 6:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Capt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to all

It's crazy isn't it! You'd think being a native English speaker it would all be simple and it kind of is.. I found I just had to be careful with the listening and writing because you only hear the answers once and if you miss an answer then there's no opportunity to hear a repeat.

I actually only got a 7 in the reading but got high in all the others, you'll find the writing and speaking one a breeze.

By the way are you taking the General or Academic test? I took the General one which I imagine is a lot easier.

Let me know how you get on and best of luck
Yeh I think its the general one - theres some stuff on the net and a lovely person who posts on here let me have his IELTs book - god I havent taken any tests since doing my degree - which was 1994 lol!!!!
Old Jan 5th 2009, 6:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Capt Emz I Think
Yeh I think its the general one - theres some stuff on the net and a lovely person who posts on here let me have his IELTs book - god I havent taken any tests since doing my degree - which was 1994 lol!!!!
sorry i'm no use answering your original question!!