Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Passed AIM assessment, is PR visa 99% sure?

Wikiposts

Passed AIM assessment, is PR visa 99% sure?

Old Nov 14th 2005, 10:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

jonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to all
Default Re: Passed AIM assessment, is PR visa 99% sure?

Originally Posted by ptlabs
Tony,

Jon's earlier post mentioned that he (Jon) would still meet the passmark with a 50-pointer.

Peter
yes we can still get 120 points, instead of 130
Old Nov 14th 2005, 10:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

welshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ptlabs
Tony,

Jon's earlier post mentioned that he (Jon) would still meet the passmark with a 50-pointer.

Peter
"Can still get enough points" - not necessarily for a permanent pass-mark. If it is, then George is right on the money and there is no need for all this grief with AIM. I am assuming, as I put in my post, that "Can still get enough points" may refer to a less advantageous visa like an SIR. I'm sure Jon will elaborate, but it looks like he may just have doubts about getting to the 120 with the only 50 points and may need to tie down the spouse points and presumably make a 100K investment as well which he maybe could have avoided. I just read into it that there were some advantages in Jon getting the 60 points and it wasn't pure flattery he was after. I'm sure Jon will enlighten us.

Tony

Tony
Old Nov 14th 2005, 11:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

jonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to all

Originally Posted by welshtony
"Can still get enough points" - not necessarily for a permanent pass-mark. If it is, then George is right on the money and there is no need for all this grief with AIM. I am assuming, as I put in my post, that "Can still get enough points" may refer to a less advantageous visa like an SIR. I'm sure Jon will elaborate, but it looks like he may just have doubts about getting to the 120 with the only 50 points and may need to tie down the spouse points and presumably make a 100K investment as well which he maybe could have avoided. I just read into it that there were some advantages in Jon getting the 60 points and it wasn't pure flattery he was after. I'm sure Jon will enlighten us.

Tony

Tony
Yes Tony spot on

I would prefer if possible not to tie up my money in the investment bond if possible. It is not a major issue for us it would just be easier as it means I would have more freedom over buying house if we get over there.

As you can all appreciate when considering moving to the other side of the world it is nice to have the monies we can call on if there was a problem at short notice with out them being tied up for a year.

By doing it the other way all it will mean is that we have to take a small mortgage and the pay it of when the bond is re leased if we chose too.

The application to the aim was not done for statues just naivety at the time as I thought this would give us the strongest position.

Ho how wrong can one guy be
Old Nov 15th 2005, 12:46 am
BE Enthusiast

obiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by jonjon
Well done at getting through I wok in HR at a senior level and having to appeal as for some reason they do not rate HR. I have only found 1 person who works with HR who has got through the AIM.
Thank you jonjon, I hope the committee realizes that you deserve the positive assessment after they see your additional documents...i agree with Tony that you deserve it.

Good luck!
Old Nov 15th 2005, 12:53 am
BE Enthusiast

obiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by welshtony
Sounds good if this 4 years of was the last 4 years. AIM would have given you a 2 year credit against the required 5 years of senior management level experience required. With 2 +2 years with last two wmployeers, this shows that both periods were recognised by AIM, if you had 3 years with the previous employer, you could not say for definite that AIM recognised your current two years - so I am looking to pick holes but I can't.

4 weeks ? was probably SIR or went to one of those agents who can swing things lol

Tony
Yes my 4 years are the most current....thank you for explaining the details and trying to pick holes in my application, nice to know you dont see any red flags.....

cheers
Old May 23rd 2006, 2:27 am

df79 will become famous soon enoughdf79 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Questions

Hi George

I've been doing some reaseach into moving over to Australia. I'm a HR Business Partner with 3 years experience in Blue Chip companies. Having done much research I have been told the following:-

In the next 3-4 years HR Managers will be included on the MODL list

That people will need only 12 out of 18 months work experience as it is a 60pt occupation.

This all seems positive, however I must admit I do feel slightly nervous when I hear about people who have far more experience than me like JonJon having trouble.

Furthermore, are there other assessing agencies such as Vitassess

I plan to get my Masters and work for another 3-4 years in the Middle East, where I've had a few offers and then move on to Australia - is this possible. Despite loving my job I also wish to live in Australai - after visiting a number of times and am unwilling to embark on a career that despite my enthusiasm for, will not get me to where I want to be.

Many Thanks

David

Originally Posted by George Lombard
JonJon,

If you've got an option for a 50 point skills assessment you ought to grab it. Not sure how you came to the conclusion that it might be hard to get the occupation Personnel Consultant through DIMIA - as long as you've got a Vetassess assessment in the right ASCO code they won't question it, and thankfully they tend to apply the ASCO descriptors rather than the AIM criteria when evaluating people for recent work experience in management occupations. Your assessed occupation and work experience don't have to be in the same occupation, of course.

Unfortunately a lot of people are attracted by AIM since it's possible to qualify without formal qualifications and some people find it flattering to think of themselves as senior managers, but my advice to anyone thinking of such an application is to call Barbara Kerabrum there first. My guess in your situation was that it would have been impossible for you to show sufficient involvement in the strategic management of the organisation. The AIM used to have a chart in its application documentation indicating how the size of the organisation and the manager's position intersected, however that seems to have been removed to make an applicant's job that much harder :-(

Cheers,

George Lombard

www.austimmigration.com.au
Old May 23rd 2006, 11:10 pm
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by df79
Hi George

I've been doing some reaseach into moving over to Australia. I'm a HR Business Partner with 3 years experience in Blue Chip companies. Having done much research I have been told the following:-

In the next 3-4 years HR Managers will be included on the MODL list

That people will need only 12 out of 18 months work experience as it is a 60pt occupation.

This all seems positive, however I must admit I do feel slightly nervous when I hear about people who have far more experience than me like JonJon having trouble.

Furthermore, are there other assessing agencies such as Vitassess

I plan to get my Masters and work for another 3-4 years in the Middle East, where I've had a few offers and then move on to Australia - is this possible. Despite loving my job I also wish to live in Australai - after visiting a number of times and am unwilling to embark on a career that despite my enthusiasm for, will not get me to where I want to be.

Many Thanks

David

Hi David,

First, please note that it's not good form to address me personally, since one of the other agents who occasionally visits here might want to answer you - there are also some very experienced individuals here who've been through the process and will also give you good advice.

Second, if you've been told that the MODL list is going to include HR managers then you've either been speaking to Nostradamus or an agent trying to wheedle money out of you or a complete fool.

Third, best to give your CV to an agent and get some proper advice about all this - without a sponsoring relative I'd think you'd be looking at SIR as your first option, AIM is really very tough.

Cheers,

George Lombard

Old May 24th 2006, 12:48 am

df79 will become famous soon enoughdf79 will become famous soon enough

Hi George

Firstly I apologise if I've stepped on anyones toes, I realise there are some very experienced people who visit this site/forum.

I have conducted research into HR in Australia - the Australian Government Employment website forecasts there will be strong growth in this occupation in the next 5 years, plus there are many jobs advertised in the SMH and The Age.

During gathering info I was informed by a member of an emigration agent onlline that it was his best guess that HR Management will go onto the MODL - I'm daft but not not daft enough to know that this person can't speak with total authority on the issue - as there are no crystal balls!

Do you know, or can you recommend anyone I can pass my CV onto?

Thanks for getting back so soon - it is much appreciated

David

Originally Posted by George Lombard
Hi David,

First, please note that it's not good form to address me personally, since one of the other agents who occasionally visits here might want to answer you - there are also some very experienced individuals here who've been through the process and will also give you good advice.

Second, if you've been told that the MODL list is going to include HR managers then you've either been speaking to Nostradamus or an agent trying to wheedle money out of you or a complete fool.

Third, best to give your CV to an agent and get some proper advice about all this - without a sponsoring relative I'd think you'd be looking at SIR as your first option, AIM is really very tough.

Cheers,

George Lombard