Partner Visa (subclass 309) Costs

Old Jan 23rd 2016, 7:35 pm
Just Joined

Domini is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Partner Visa (subclass 309) Costs

Hi, I am hoping someone could help explain the visa costs if possible.

According to: Partner (Provisional) visa (subclass 309) and Partner (Migrant) visa (subclass 100) The estimated cost of the Partner Visa is £3,390.

1. Does anyone know if this is the total estimated cost of the Visa or will there also be notable extra charges?

2. If the application is successful will there be another expensive charge or fee when I apply for PR?

3. Will the application cost £3,390 whether it is accepted or failed? Thanks inadvance.
Old Jan 23rd 2016, 8:25 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Partner Visa (subclass 309) Costs

Originally Posted by Domini
Hi, I am hoping someone could help explain the visa costs if possible.

According to: Partner (Provisional) visa (subclass 309) and Partner (Migrant) visa (subclass 100) The estimated cost of the Partner Visa is £3,390.

1. Does anyone know if this is the total estimated cost of the Visa or will there also be notable extra charges?

2. If the application is successful will there be another expensive charge or fee when I apply for PR?

3. Will the application cost £3,390 whether it is accepted or failed? Thanks inadvance.
That's the cost of the visa, it won't be refunded if the visa is not granted. There is no extra charge at the PR stage - you pay for that now, just the one fee.

Its ONLY the cost of the visa though - medicals, police checks,flights, shipping etc etc is extra.
Old Jan 23rd 2016, 8:28 pm
Just Joined

Domini is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pollyana
That's the cost of the visa, it won't be refunded if the visa is not granted. There is no extra charge at the PR stage - you pay for that now, just the one fee.

Its ONLY the cost of the visa though - medicals, police checks,flights, shipping etc etc is extra.
That is great Pollyana, thank you.

Yes I knew about the extras such as medicals etc. I was just worried about a secondary change or fee.

Thanks again.
Old Jan 23rd 2016, 9:10 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Domini
That is great Pollyana, thank you.

Yes I knew about the extras such as medicals etc. I was just worried about a secondary change or fee.

Thanks again.
No extra fee. You actually apply for the PR visa (the 100) straight away, but unless you have been a couple for 3 years (2 with kids) they give you the 309 Provisional Spouse Visa first, for two years. So when you send in the PR paperwork after 2 years there is no extra fee as you already paid it
Old Jan 23rd 2016, 9:31 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

There's a credit card surcharge as well the cost of which will depend on which credit/debit card you use.