Partner Visa - how long did it take??

Old Apr 18th 2009, 4:37 pm
Forum Regular

MeinMel has a brilliant futureMeinMel has a brilliant futureMeinMel has a brilliant futureMeinMel has a brilliant futureMeinMel has a brilliant futureMeinMel has a brilliant futureMeinMel has a brilliant futureMeinMel has a brilliant future
Default Partner Visa - how long did it take??

Hi there guys

me and my partner decided to move Down Under and I was wondering whether you could let me know from your own experience how long did it take for you to get the visa approved.

Cheers
Old Apr 18th 2009, 4:45 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Partner Visa - how long did it take??

Originally Posted by Dubaiboy
Hi there guys

me and my partner decided to move Down Under and I was wondering whether you could let me know from your own experience how long did it take for you to get the visa approved.

Cheers
Depends on several factors - in which country are you applying? Is yours a straightforward application - no criminal convictions, no health issues, no issues with children from previous marriages.
Its the sort of question to which there isn't one clear answer.

Last edited by Pollyana; Apr 18th 2009 at 4:48 pm.
Old Apr 18th 2009, 4:49 pm
Forum Regular

MeinMel has a brilliant futureMeinMel has a brilliant futureMeinMel has a brilliant futureMeinMel has a brilliant futureMeinMel has a brilliant futureMeinMel has a brilliant futureMeinMel has a brilliant futureMeinMel has a brilliant future

I understand that, just am wondering what anyone's experience was...

The lawyer mentioned its 3-9 months, averaging 6 months....

We are applying for interdependent visa, and we were advised our case should be allright. The application will be lodged either in Dubai or Vienna... Our lawyer is based in US.
Old Apr 18th 2009, 5:14 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I understand that, just am wondering what anyone's experience was...

The lawyer mentioned its 3-9 months, averaging 6 months....

We are applying for interdependent visa, and we were advised our case should be allright. The application will be lodged either in Dubai or Vienna... Our lawyer is based in US.
Hmmm, don't remember seeing any spouse visas on here through either Vienna or Dubai - thats not to say there aren't any on here somewhere, but I don't recall any (I came on a spouse visa myself so I tend to notice them). If your agent has experience of either of those offices then he may have the clearest timeline.
Best of luck, and I hope someone does know what those two offices are like
Old Apr 18th 2009, 5:18 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks... Well i was told it has to go through the Embassy in the country where I will be located at the time of submission?? Is it always the norm? Or the dox can be submitted at different locations?
Old Apr 18th 2009, 5:25 pm
Home and Happy

Thanks... Well i was told it has to go through the Embassy in the country where I will be located at the time of submission?? Is it always the norm? Or the dox can be submitted at different locations?
No, for a spouse visa you go through the embassy/High Commission where you are. Problem with predicting timelines is that each one is different. The UK can be a matter of a few days, onshore (in Australia) takes longer, and all the otehrs are different. We've had a few going through Berlin, but I don't recall Vienna or Dubai appearing I'm afraid.
Old Apr 18th 2009, 5:25 pm
Forum Regular

Poitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nice

DubaiBoy

You can see our timeline below - application gone in in Dec 08- and we have just got CO - to sent our police check(only valid 3months from Dubai) no point in sending in until requested - we have also to do medicals booked for early May.

You timeline depends on if your occupation/skill is on CSL/MODL list, they are getting priority at the moment - after sponsorship visa. Hope this makes sense.

Also if one of you is from Italy - you will need to do an English test. - I know you can do that here in Dubai - but needs to be booked in advance - you need results to sent with application.

Why do application from US - it doesn;t make sense - there must be lots of good agencies here in Dubai. Personally we did the application ourselves.

Good luck

Sorry didn't realise that one of you were Australian - oops - silly me!!

Last edited by Poitin; Apr 18th 2009 at 5:28 pm.
Old Apr 19th 2009, 8:04 am
Forum Regular

Mmm... we have decided to go through the US attorney based on the responses I have received from various agencies... The attorney seemed really good with quick responses and our case is not very straight forward and will definitelly need a professional to assist in order to make sure our application is done well and our case argued to get a positive response...

In regards to the Police Clearance could you advise where did you get it done and how long did it take?

I thought that Australian Govt accepts validity of Clearance Certificate for 12months?

Fingers crossed I really hope in a speedy processing...
Old Apr 19th 2009, 8:31 am
Home and Happy

Mmm... we have decided to go through the US attorney based on the responses I have received from various agencies... The attorney seemed really good with quick responses and our case is not very straight forward and will definitelly need a professional to assist in order to make sure our application is done well and our case argued to get a positive response...

In regards to the Police Clearance could you advise where did you get it done and how long did it take?

I thought that Australian Govt accepts validity of Clearance Certificate for 12months?

Fingers crossed I really hope in a speedy processing...
PCC are valid for 12 months for Asutralian migration purposes

When you say you are using an American attorney - is he/she a MARA registered Australian migration agent?
Also, as you say your case isn't straight-forward, be prepared for it to take longer than otherwise.
Old Apr 19th 2009, 8:56 am
Forum Regular

Oh great, I was worried cause apparently the Police Clearance Certificate has validity of 3 months only.

Would I ever need the Police Certificate Again?

We have been together for over 15 months but do not share technically household (although we spend our time mostly together) or bank account although we have traveled extensively together and have means to support it..

The US based attorney is American Citizen, Australian permanent resident, Mara registered, however her registration is not active while offshore Australia...

They have an office in Perth as well...

I believe the application has to be lodged at the Consulate/Embassy of your residence at the time of submission of the application? So that would have to be Dubai or Vienna...
Old Apr 19th 2009, 9:38 am
Forum Regular

Poitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nice

QUOTE]

It only takes 4 days - 110 Dh - 2 photos. Got it done at police station near Dubai Dry Dock(big flag) or you can go to CID headquaters near Dubai Airport. - It does state on bottom valid for 3 months ( heard a friend had to get it done 3 times). - Our visa were just cancelled a week previous - but this did not seem to be an issue for them - we had photocopies of the old visas.

Sorry I didn't read the header last night - so my post didn't make any sense.

Good luck