Partner visa confusion

Old Sep 18th 2016, 2:10 pm
Forum Regular

lenaro_w is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Partner visa confusion

We are in the process of applying for a partner visa for my wife (subclass 309) online via the Immi system. We have a daughter together who has citizenship by descent. As such, when trying to add her as a dependent on the visa appliation, we get a message telling us we cannot include her in the application.

Has anyone else gone throught this scenario & do you know what this means for her medical (ie. will she need to get one)?

We have searched the internet for an answer but not finding anything that fits our situation.

TIA
Old Sep 18th 2016, 2:18 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Partner visa confusion

If your daughter is a citizen she doesn't need a visa, and therefore doesn't need a medical. She can just show up at the airport with an Australian passport.
Old Sep 18th 2016, 2:29 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pulaski
If your daughter is a citizen she doesn't need a visa, and therefore doesn't need a medical. She can just show up at the airport with an Australian passport.
Thank you. We understand that she doesn't need a visa, but she is still a dependent & this is where the confusion lies. You have to declare all your dependents. Is it liable to create a problem/delay if we do not add her? If so, how can we add her to the application as a dependent that does not need a visa?
Old Sep 18th 2016, 2:56 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lenaro_w
Thank you. We understand that she doesn't need a visa, but she is still a dependent & this is where the confusion lies. You have to declare all your dependents. Is it liable to create a problem/delay if we do not add her? If so, how can we add her to the application as a dependent that does not need a visa?
I think the instruction to include all your dependents is superseded by the message that you cannot include her.

She doesn't need a visa, nor a medical, that much is certain, and she will be allowed in with her Australian passport, so I don't see much downside to, per the message you received, not including her.
Old Sep 18th 2016, 3:10 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

You mention her on Form 47SP as a family member but not as a dependent, migrating or non-migrating, if you have registered her as an Australian citizen by descent. As Pulaski says as a citizen all she needs is a valid Australian passport. Her citizenship record will be linked to you and your wife's records so the case officer will know she does not need to be included on the application.
Old Sep 18th 2016, 3:15 pm
Forum Regular

OK. Thank you both
Old Sep 26th 2016, 4:10 am
Forum Regular

dalam is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi lenaro,

I have same scenario like you. My wife is pregnant and we are planning apply her VISA after baby's birth.

Can you please help me to get the answer of my following queries:
1. What is the procedure to apply citizen by decent? As a parent, Can I apply from Australia although baby will be in overseas?
2. After getting approval, how can I receive certification?
3. What is procedure to apply aus passport? Can I apply from australia on behalf of my child?

I will be grateful, if you could give me a reply of my queries.

Thanks,
dalam