Partner sponsorship form

Old Nov 8th 2003, 3:53 pm
Paddington Brisbane

BKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the rough
Default Partner sponsorship form

Anyone who has experience of filling out this form please help! The question about receiving new start allowance if someone has how does this affect sponsership. It was six months ago and he is now an Australian policeman.
Old Nov 8th 2003, 4:04 pm
settling in, finally

bawi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Partner sponsorship form

hi kate

in my situation my bf had received new start allowance after a move to a different city and due to a broken leg (accident happened three days into his new job!!), which took very long to come good again and he was unable to work therefore.
it was in the first two months out of these 24 months they specify in the form, so quite a while ago. at the interview (done in berlin as we were a 'borderline case' and i am swiss citizen, we did the interview when handing front loaded application in) the case officer wanted to know more about it, we had just ticked yes on the form without describing the circumstances, but she was fine with that explanation and i got the sticker on the same day.
i believe they make a difference between 'dole bludgers' and genuine reasons for receiving new start allowance. also your partner now has a job.
hope that helps to reassure you.
good luck with the application.

barbara
(a happy de facto visa receipient, currently packing my stuff, deciding what to take on the 40 kilos allowance)
ps: sorry for my english, hope you understand what i mean, otherwise i will try and write it again.
Old Nov 8th 2003, 4:07 pm
Paddington Brisbane

BKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Partner sponsorship form

Originally posted by bawi
hi kate

in my situation my bf had received new start allowance after a move to a different city and due to a broken leg (accident happened three days into his new job!!), which took very long to come good again and he was unable to work therefore.
it was in the first two months out of these 24 months they specify in the form, so quite a while ago. at the interview (done in berlin as we were a 'borderline case' and i am swiss citizen, we did the interview when handing front loaded application in) the case officer wanted to know more about it, we had just ticked yes on the form without describing the circumstances, but she was fine with that explanation and i got the sticker on the same day.
i believe they make a difference between 'dole bludgers' and genuine reasons for receiving new start allowance. also your partner now has a job.
hope that helps to reassure you.
good luck with the application.

Thanks alot that clears things up was a little confused after reading the form!

barbara
(a happy de facto visa receipient, currently packing my stuff, deciding what to take on the 40 kilos allowance)
ps: sorry for my english, hope you understand what i mean, otherwise i will try and write it again.