Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

partner migration (Evidence of relationship)

partner migration (Evidence of relationship)

Old Jul 11th 2010, 12:26 pm
Just Joined

umatloob is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry partner migration (Evidence of relationship)

Hi,

I am new to the forum and have the following queries about my partner migration visa (subclass 309). I am from a country, where it is out of norms to live together before getting married. And since I got married a month ago, I can't produce many of the documents listed under "Evidence of your relationship" in partner migration booklet.

I would highly appreciate to have some filled templates of form 888, statement about history of relationship and statutory declarations by friends/relatives regarding your relationship. If someone is not willing to share it publicly, the same can be sent to my email << address removed>> privately. I ensure 100% privacy and the information you share will strictly be used for reference.

Usman

Last edited by Pollyana; Jul 11th 2010 at 1:11 pm. Reason: Please do not put email addresses on the forum
Old Jul 11th 2010, 1:11 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: partner migration (Evidence of relationship)

Originally Posted by umatloob
Hi,

I am new to the forum and have the following queries about my partner migration visa (subclass 309). I am from a country, where it is out of norms to live together before getting married. And since I got married a month ago, I can't produce many of the documents listed under "Evidence of your relationship" in partner migration booklet.

I would highly appreciate to have some filled templates of form 888, statement about history of relationship and statutory declarations by friends/relatives regarding your relationship. If someone is not willing to share it publicly, the same can be sent to my email << address removed>> privately. I ensure 100% privacy and the information you share will strictly be used for reference.

Usman
I can't see why you would expect people to send you the personal details of their own relationships?
No-one can tell you what to write as it is an individual statement - only you and your spouse can talk about your relationship.

Many couples do not live together before marriage. However you presumably had a relationship of some kind with your spouse before the marriage, and that is what you need to describe in the statement about your relationship.

As for other documents, you need to provide the ones that you do have. DIAC will not expect you to produce documents going back years if it is a recent marriage, and if you explain that you are from a background where people do not live together before marriage, they take that into account as well. They are accustomed to dealing with people from different backgrounds,. after all.

In two years time, when your spouse is due for PR, you will be expected to produce rather more evidence, to prove how the relationship has developed.
Old Jul 11th 2010, 5:08 pm
Just wants to go home!

jejuniper is a jewel in the roughjejuniper is a jewel in the roughjejuniper is a jewel in the roughjejuniper is a jewel in the roughjejuniper is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by umatloob
Hi,

Usman
Hi Usman,

As Pollyanna said, the statement of your relationship really is an individual, personal statement so it would be difficult to use someone else's as a template. But, the kinds of things you should include in your statement are:

- how you met
- how your relationship progressed to the point where you decided to marry (e.g. how did you keep in touch?, what did you do together before you got married?, what made you want to marry your partner?)
- what things you like to do together, what things that you have in common
- what kind of events you have attended together
- whether you have met your spouse's family members, how you get along with them, how does your family get along with your spouse?
- how does your household operate (e.g. do you work and your spouse stays home and takes care of the house?, do you both work and share the household chores?, what kind of chores do you do? and what kind of chores does your spouse do?, who does the cooking?, who looks after the finances?)
- did you have a honeymoon after your wedding? where did you go and what did you do?
- why do you want to be with your spouse? what is special about them?

The relationship statement is very personal and it is helpful to include emotional statements in it, like you are telling the story of your relationship rather than just filling in a list. You are probably better off being detailed than just writing a summary.

For the Form 888, for those that know you and your spouse, they need to state how they know you and your spouse, what they know about your relationship, why they think your are a genuine and loving couple, what events have they seen you together at, why they think you are good for each other - all of those kinds of things.

Also, even if you don't have things like shared tax returns or bills, perhaps you could show evidence of your plans to share these things, such as copies of change of address forms, copies of insurance application forms, wills for each other - anything that shows you are making future plans to share things.

I hope that helps a bit and good luck!
Old Jul 12th 2010, 5:53 am
Forum Regular

JoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really nice

Just put in as much information, references and pictures as you can. If yours is an arranged marriage, dont worry DIAC knows about it, and wouldn't be too fussy, also if it is your first marriage ever and first partner you are sponsoring for residence, then it will be a smooth process.

DIAC deals with numerous people from many backgrounds, so don't worry too much about addressing all the areas they have highlighted.
Old Jul 12th 2010, 2:30 pm
Forum Regular

Shot81 is just really niceShot81 is just really niceShot81 is just really niceShot81 is just really niceShot81 is just really niceShot81 is just really niceShot81 is just really niceShot81 is just really niceShot81 is just really niceShot81 is just really nice

Dont worry to much about it,
me and my OH did not live together till we got married and it was not an issue,
we had been going out for 2 years and married for 10 months when we put our application in and everything was fine,
all you need to do is mention when you met etc.. on your stament, why you did not live together, how long you have been going out for, photos during the time you have been going out etc....time spent with each others families - photo's with proof of that etc... any holiday you have together etc....
wont be an issue if you have all of that....
if you have not been going out for long and you had an arranged marriage, i would wait for at least a 1year before you apply.

Shot81
Old Jul 12th 2010, 2:57 pm
Banned

gr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant future

Judging from the name of OP it seems that he belongs to a country where it is out of norms to live together before getting married, or even go on a date, see each other, hang out with each other and all that stuff.

Many of the marriages are arranged by parents. Then a formal proposal is sent and then a formal acceptance. Its not a practice to send formal proposals from the girl's side.

So Usman, the Australian embassy knows what goes in and around your country and there would be alot of people like you.

Although you can't produce alot of documents but you can produce some like Marriage photographs, engagement photographs, mehndi photographs (if it was done at all), nikah nama (marriage certificates), declarations from your parents and from your wife's, declaration from the Qazi,

Particularly photos are going to be important that shows that people were there in your ceremony, no body is gong to carry out a big ceremoney just that a girl could go to Australia. There are so many things. But I think you will need to get in touch with a professional in this matter.