Partner Issues

Old Apr 2nd 2007, 9:29 pm
Forum Regular

suebeedoo is just really nicesuebeedoo is just really nicesuebeedoo is just really nicesuebeedoo is just really nicesuebeedoo is just really nicesuebeedoo is just really nicesuebeedoo is just really nicesuebeedoo is just really nice
Default Partner Issues

When my boyfriend initially applied for a visa to live he had a different partner who he had taken off because they split up before the visa went through. He has now been granted a permanent residency visa and validated it. We have though met and we are madly in love with each other. He wants to go to live there permanently in about October and take myself and my son who is 17 with him. I was going to apply to go in my own right as a Production Manager I have been to Australia 5 times already and love the place. This has now been taken off the MODL list so we are wondering where we will stand if we get married before he goes. We dont live together at the moment but will be doing soon which will give us aproximately 5 months of living together. The other scenario would be for my son and I to go on a 6 month holiday visa for a couple of years and then he would be able to apply for citizenship. Would he then be able to marry me and us not have to go through all the visa applicationing. Another thought was what if he applied again for a visa and have myself and my son on as his partner and child, although this seems silly as he already has permission to live there. We just want to be together
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 9:32 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Partner Issues

Originally Posted by suebeedoo
When my boyfriend initially applied for a visa to live he had a different partner who he had taken off because they split up before the visa went through. He has now been granted a permanent residency visa and validated it. We have though met and we are madly in love with each other. He wants to go to live there permanently in about October and take myself and my son who is 17 with him. I was going to apply to go in my own right as a Production Manager I have been to Australia 5 times already and love the place. This has now been taken off the MODL list so we are wondering where we will stand if we get married before he goes. We dont live together at the moment but will be doing soon which will give us aproximately 5 months of living together. The other scenario would be for my son and I to go on a 6 month holiday visa for a couple of years and then he would be able to apply for citizenship. Would he then be able to marry me and us not have to go through all the visa applicationing. Another thought was what if he applied again for a visa and have myself and my son on as his partner and child, although this seems silly as he already has permission to live there. We just want to be together
I think the agents that post on here will be up and about soon when Australia 'wakes up', they will know the answer to that one.

Good luck with it
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 9:58 pm
Forum Regular

suebeedoo is just really nicesuebeedoo is just really nicesuebeedoo is just really nicesuebeedoo is just really nicesuebeedoo is just really nicesuebeedoo is just really nicesuebeedoo is just really nicesuebeedoo is just really nice

Thank you princess for your amazing speed of answering. I hope we do manage to sort it out.
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 10:19 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

There are a couple of things wrong with your idea of the holiday visa. First, you can't go on a six month visa for a couple of years. Second, you are not deemed as residents on a holiday visa, so can't use that time toward your citizenship. Even if your partner is a citizen, he would still have to apply for a visa for you to live here, so that wouldn't work either. If you are planning to marry anyway, he could potentially sponsor you on a prospective spouse visa which means that you would have to marry within 9 months of the visa being granted.
Although your job has been taken off the list, you could speak with an agent who can perhaps suggest another way for you to go in your own right so you are not dependant on your partner. There are a number of agents that post on here regularly, but it's not the same as a face-to-face conversation.
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 11:30 pm
Forum Regular

Hi thank you for your reply. I have been looking at the prospective spouse visa and it seems the way to go forward. I read about the sponsoring and would like to be clear on this. My partner at the moment, although he has been granted a permanent resident visa is still here in the UK. We want to go over together. Can we apply for it while he is still living in the UK or does he have to go and live there as a resident and maybe me go on a holiday visa?
Old Apr 12th 2007, 8:51 pm
Forum Regular

We would like to have an informal chat with an agent with regards to our prospective marriage visa. We live in the Manchester area. does anybody know of anyone who we could contact. Thank you
Old Apr 12th 2007, 9:37 pm
WS

WS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond repute

Try speaking to Go Matilda or George Lombard, both are highly regarded on here.