Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Partner applying for Australian visa 489 - Can I apply to be a police officer

Partner applying for Australian visa 489 - Can I apply to be a police officer

Old Jul 3rd 2016, 9:46 am
Just Joined

philmread is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Partner applying for Australian visa 489 - Can I apply to be a police officer

Yeah I have read that thanks that's why I say the more I research the more I question that my job fits the bill.
Old Jul 3rd 2016, 9:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Partner applying for Australian visa 489 - Can I apply to be a police officer

Originally Posted by philmread
well my job title here in UK is Business Analyst which I have been working as for the past 11 years. My work involves creating management information reports to analyse and forecast and target the business. It's a lot of statistical work from pulling data out of a SQL Server database into Excel. I'm struggling to work out if that job appears on there. I mean I am a business analyst so firstly I thought my jobs on there. But the more I research the more I am unsure. I just can't see a clear path to take
The occupation on the SOL is "ICT Business Analyst" not "Business Analyst". It is about creating software solutions, not analysing data.

Although moot as it requires a degree, your work does not sound like what a statistician would do. A statistician designs experiments, collects results and applies specific statistical models in order to interpret those results. Most statisticians would have a masters degree too, I did a bachelor degree in statistics and consdered it as a career, I found that it was nigh on impossible to do so without a masters.

Your occupation is a Business Analyst, but unfortunately it is not on the list of occupations for Australia. I don't think there is going to be a way for you, there isn't for everyone.
Old Jul 3rd 2016, 10:01 am
Just Joined

Ok thanks for your time.
Old Jul 3rd 2016, 10:09 am
Just Joined

Sorry I last question then I promise to give up and stop asking questions.

So my partner is a police officer with experience and a diploma in policing. The job is on the CSOL but currently not being sponsored. Does he need to be state sponsored to use that job or can he still be assessed under it and get family sponsorship from his Aunt?
Old Jul 3rd 2016, 10:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

So my partner is a police officer with experience and a diploma in policing. The job is on the CSOL but currently not being sponsored. Does he need to be state sponsored to use that job or can he still be assessed under it and get family sponsorship from his Aunt?
As the occupation is on the CSOL, sponsorship from a state or employer is required.
Old Jul 3rd 2016, 10:16 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

For family sponsored points tested visas, the occupation needs to be on the SOL - https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Work/...upations-lists
Old Jul 3rd 2016, 10:20 am
Just Joined

Ok thanks. Think I've exhausted all options.