Parents Visa - Options

Old Jan 25th 2016, 8:53 am
Just Joined

mgulhane is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Parents Visa - Options

Hi

My husband and I are Australian Citizens. My husband does not pass the balance family test and hence unable to evaluate how he can help his parents migrate to Australia.

Can anyone advise what options do we have .

Thank you

Regards
Mamatha
Old Jan 25th 2016, 2:01 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Parents Visa - Options

Originally Posted by mgulhane
Hi

My husband and I are Australian Citizens. My husband does not pass the balance family test and hence unable to evaluate how he can help his parents migrate to Australia.

Thank you

Regards
Mamatha
Your husband does not need to pass the balance of family test, its his parents who wish to migrate, and therefore THEY need to pass the test.

You don't give enough info for anyone to help really. How old are they parents? do they qualify for a skills visa?
Old Jan 25th 2016, 2:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Thank you

Regards
Mamatha
Umm yes, your husband does not need to pass the balance of family test! His parents do. How many children do they have? Where do those children live?
Old Jan 25th 2016, 5:36 pm
Just Joined

Apologies for being vague. My husbands parents are 70 year old and they bear three kids including my husband. One of my husbands sister lives in Untied States and the other lives in India. With there age, I don't think that they are eligible for skill visa. Can you advise.
Old Jan 25th 2016, 6:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Apologies for being vague. My husbands parents are 70 year old and they bear three kids including my husband. One of my husbands sister lives in Untied States and the other lives in India. With there age, I don't think that they are eligible for skill visa. Can you advise.
Correct, they will not be eligible for skills visa. And also not eligible for the parent visa. There are no options for Australia.
Old Jan 25th 2016, 7:11 pm
Just Joined

what are option for retirement investment visa?
Old Jan 25th 2016, 8:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

what are option for retirement investment visa?
Have you looked it up?
Old Jan 25th 2016, 9:05 pm
Just Joined

I read through the details, but was not sure when they say "Partners should not have any dependents" as below

​The Investor Retirement visa (subclass 405) allows you to live in Australia if you:
•are 55 years or older
•have no dependents (other than a partner, if any)
•meet income requirements
•are able to make a significant long term financial investment in Australia.

This is a temporary visa.

You can include your partner in your application. You and your partner must not have any dependents.

You can apply for this visa whether you are in or outside Australia if you apply:
•in Australia, you must be in Australia when the visa is granted
•outside Australia, you must be outside Australia when the visa is granted.
Old Jan 25th 2016, 9:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Not sure what your question is?
Old Jan 25th 2016, 9:12 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

I read through the details, but was not sure when they say "Partners should not have any dependents" as below

​The Investor Retirement visa (subclass 405) allows you to live in Australia if you:
•are 55 years or older
•have no dependents (other than a partner, if any)
•meet income requirements
•are able to make a significant long term financial investment in Australia.

This is a temporary visa.

You can include your partner in your application. You and your partner must not have any dependents.

You can apply for this visa whether you are in or outside Australia if you apply:
•in Australia, you must be in Australia when the visa is granted
•outside Australia, you must be outside Australia when the visa is granted.
They mean your parents must NOT have any other dependents other than you, but they have 2 other children, so will not qualify. The visa is meant for parents whose sole offspring are in Australia.
Old Jan 25th 2016, 9:24 pm
Just Joined

jam.skinner is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mikelincs
They mean your parents must NOT have any other dependents other than you, but they have 2 other children, so will not qualify. The visa is meant for parents whose sole offspring are in Australia.
Dependants is not the same as offspring. For example, my 4 yr old is dependant on me but my 35yrs old married with children living with no financial back up from me is not a dependant.

From looking at the posters info I would say they would be eligible if their finances permit.
Old Jan 25th 2016, 11:51 pm
Lost in the antipodes

msmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
I agree with jam.skinner's interpretation. They are asking about the Investor Retirement Visa, so having children doesn't disqualify them, they just can't be "dependent" on the parents.
Old Jan 26th 2016, 2:27 am
Just Joined

Thank you. In my in laws case there are no kids who are dependent on them. I will try reading all the things again related to this visa.
Old Jan 26th 2016, 2:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Thank you. In my in laws case there are no kids who are dependent on them. I will try reading all the things again related to this visa.
Are they very wealthy? This visa requires a massive investment of money they cannot touch.