Parents Visa and Bond

Old Mar 13th 2012, 12:32 pm
Arrived Oz Oct 2013

Elizabeth31 is a name known to allElizabeth31 is a name known to allElizabeth31 is a name known to allElizabeth31 is a name known to allElizabeth31 is a name known to allElizabeth31 is a name known to allElizabeth31 is a name known to allElizabeth31 is a name known to allElizabeth31 is a name known to allElizabeth31 is a name known to allElizabeth31 is a name known to all
Question Parents Visa and Bond

Hi I am new to British Expats and this is in fact the first forum I have ever joined I wonder if someone can help me with some info on parents visa applications. My hubby and I joined the waiting list for parents visa subclass 103 in 2005!!!! At the end of last year we were informed that we were in the time frame for a visa this year but we had to undergo medicals and police checks again due to the time that had elapsed since original submission. We have had all that done and sent back to immigration. Our daughter (sponsor) has now submitted to centre link her tax returns etc but we are not sure what happens about the bond that she has to lodge with the bank. Would immigration ask for the bond before checking whether we had passed the medicals? What we don't want to do is put up the bond only to then be told that we did not pass the medicals or do immigration check everything and then if visa is to be granted ask for the bond? Any help would be appreciated
Old Mar 13th 2012, 12:43 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Parents Visa and Bond

Originally Posted by Elizabeth31
Hi I am new to British Expats and this is in fact the first forum I have ever joined I wonder if someone can help me with some info on parents visa applications. My hubby and I joined the waiting list for parents visa subclass 103 in 2005!!!!)
That is bloody quick!

The wait is usually around 10-15 years.

You should not be asked for the bond until everything else is OK
Old Mar 14th 2012, 3:09 pm
Arrived Oz Oct 2013

Elizabeth31 is a name known to allElizabeth31 is a name known to allElizabeth31 is a name known to allElizabeth31 is a name known to allElizabeth31 is a name known to allElizabeth31 is a name known to allElizabeth31 is a name known to allElizabeth31 is a name known to allElizabeth31 is a name known to allElizabeth31 is a name known to allElizabeth31 is a name known to all
Default Re: Parents Visa and Bond

Originally Posted by Grayling
That is bloody quick!

The wait is usually around 10-15 years.

You should not be asked for the bond until everything else is OK
Many thanks