Parental Responsibility

Old May 18th 2007, 9:23 am
Forum Regular

The BBs is just really niceThe BBs is just really niceThe BBs is just really niceThe BBs is just really niceThe BBs is just really niceThe BBs is just really niceThe BBs is just really niceThe BBs is just really niceThe BBs is just really niceThe BBs is just really nice
Default Parental Responsibility

Hello to all you members of BritishExpats. Great Forum!

We have just signed up for the first time and would like to introduce ourselves.

We are a family of 5 living in Devon (UK) and hoping to to immigrate to Brisbane sometime next year probably during the summer. I passed my TRA for a 136 visa and we are now (almost) ready to send our main visa application.

We have come across a rather sticky situation regards my step daughter and her biological father and hoped someone out there in a similar situation might be kind enough to offer us some help?

If you can help in matters relating to children and non migrating biological parents please let us know and I will post the full details here straight away.

Thank you all.

The BBs
Old May 18th 2007, 9:45 am
Forum Regular

keithandsam has a brilliant futurekeithandsam has a brilliant futurekeithandsam has a brilliant futurekeithandsam has a brilliant futurekeithandsam has a brilliant futurekeithandsam has a brilliant future
Default Re: Parental Responsibility

welcome to the site,it can become pretty obsessive!!!
cant really help with family situation but good luck all the same

Originally Posted by The BBs
Hello to all you members of BritishExpats. Great Forum!

We have just signed up for the first time and would like to introduce ourselves.

We are a family of 5 living in Devon (UK) and hoping to to immigrate to Brisbane sometime next year probably during the summer. I passed my TRA for a 136 visa and we are now (almost) ready to send our main visa application.

We have come across a rather sticky situation regards my step daughter and her biological father and hoped someone out there in a similar situation might be kind enough to offer us some help?

If you can help in matters relating to children and non migrating biological parents please let us know and I will post the full details here straight away.

Thank you all.

The BBs
Old May 18th 2007, 9:54 am
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Hi BBs and welcome to the forum .

Your "problem" has come up many times in the past. For starters do a search for a member with the name "katsmajic" (Click on the "search" button at the top and then on "advanced search".)

Search for posts with her name. And then once you've had a read, send her a pm.

(There have been others, but I think katsmajic were the most recent ones to go through this.)

Gina
Old May 18th 2007, 10:02 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome; and g'day! You'll find that now you've found this site you won't be able to leave it alone. Loads of advice and questions answered.

I've got a question for you....whereabouts in Devon are you? We're looking into MAYBE moving back to mid Devon (Tiverton). Is it a nice place to live in?
Old May 18th 2007, 10:03 am
BE Forum Addict

esperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to BE! I just moved from Devon a month ago, although not to Queensland. You are certainly not the first person to have issues with an ex-partner, if you do a search you will find lots of other people's experiences.
Good luck with it.
Old May 18th 2007, 10:04 am
Account Closed

O.K...what's with people moving from supposedly the nicest place in the UK to live?
Old May 18th 2007, 10:11 am
BE Forum Addict

esperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TraceyW
Welcome; and g'day! You'll find that now you've found this site you won't be able to leave it alone. Loads of advice and questions answered.

I've got a question for you....whereabouts in Devon are you? We're looking into MAYBE moving back to mid Devon (Tiverton). Is it a nice place to live in?
I used to teach in Tiverton! It is a pretty place (well, parts of it are, just don't move to a council estate) but did you know it is also a national centre of inbreeding? In my first year of teaching there one of my year seven tutees asked me, in all seriousness, whether it was ok to snog her cousin. About 90% of the kids at my school were related to each other.
Other than that though, lovely! Why Tiverton?
Old May 18th 2007, 10:18 am
Forum Regular

jackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nice

O.K...what's with people moving from supposedly the nicest place in the UK to live?
We are in Somerset, but lived in Devon, ten minutes from Tiverton. It is lovely down here, but having said that we are still ready to move on to Queensland!!! J and J
Old May 18th 2007, 10:18 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by esperanza
I used to teach in Tiverton! It is a pretty place (well, parts of it are, just don't move to a council estate) but did you know it is also a national centre of inbreeding? In my first year of teaching there one of my year seven tutees asked me, in all seriousness, whether it was ok to snog her cousin. About 90% of the kids at my school were related to each other.
Other than that though, lovely! Why Tiverton?
Cousins

We're maybe considering there because of Uffculme high school. It has great SAT results and there are feeder schools in Tiverton and Cullompton.

This is all a back up plan if we don't end up moving to the Gold Coast.
Old May 18th 2007, 10:20 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by jackie barden
We are in Somerset, but lived in Devon, ten minutes from Tiverton. It is lovely down here, but having said that we are still ready to move on to Queensland!!! J and J

Just wondering...why?
Old May 18th 2007, 11:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Cousins

We're maybe considering there because of Uffculme high school. It has great SAT results and there are feeder schools in Tiverton and Cullompton.

This is all a back up plan if we don't end up moving to the Gold Coast.

Ha ha ha! I know half the teachers there, including the heads of year. I did teacher training with one of them. They are a good bunch. If you need an inside word when it comes to enrolling the kids then let me know! It's quite competitive. I'll let them know that their reputation has spread as far as the BE forums, they'll be dead chuffed I'm sure!
Personally I'd err towards Cully because of it's proximity to Exeter, which I know and love. If I moved back to the UK it would be to Exeter. Used to live in Taunton through, and commuted to Tivvy, which was doable. There are some really lovely villages around Tiverton/Uffculme, it is undoubtedly a beautiful part of the world.
Old May 18th 2007, 11:35 am
AlexandNeil

themavia will become famous soon enough

Hi, we are going through this at the mo... its not that complicated but it has to be done before the formal lodgment of your visa application.

go to the magistrates or county court and ask for the forms (you will need two copies) one for yourself and one for your partner. dont forget to take with you all the necessary documents... birth certs, passports, marriage cert and anything else you think you may need.

the person their will stamp and witness you signing and check all docs.. then you send it off to the address at the back of the forms and then they will get back to you to tell you if anything is right or wrong (in my case it was wrong as they were clueless of my maiden name matching my daughters)... but anyway i sent a stat dec and copy of my passport and her birth cert. etc etc

and that was it done

Last edited by themavia; May 18th 2007 at 11:52 am.
Old May 18th 2007, 11:44 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

If you choose not to post full details then much of the advice you get will probably be misleading.
Old May 18th 2007, 1:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

nigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud of

Hi

Welcome to BE, I have found it extremely useful especially in relation to my step child/permission to emigrate etc. It all depends on the facts of your case but if you do search issues like custody, residence etc you can read posts that relate to all aspects of this situation.

We are currently waiting for a court date as my ex who has had no contact for 5yrs is refusing to give permission. it is frustrating and expensive but will be worth it.

good luck

Sarah
Old May 18th 2007, 2:01 pm
AlexandNeil

themavia will become famous soon enough

I suppose in my case it was easier as I have no contact with the biological father at all.. he does not exist or appear on my daughters birth certificate.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.