Parent visas again

Old Mar 16th 2005, 1:06 pm
Forum Regular

caroledouglas has a spectacular aura aboutcaroledouglas has a spectacular aura aboutcaroledouglas has a spectacular aura about
Default Parent visas again

My question is my hubbie, myself and 4 year old daughter are immigrating to Perth on a 138 skilled and sponsered visa in the summer. I am an only child, dad is a joiner mum retired. What would be the best and quickest way for them to immigrate as well. Know this question ahas probably been asked a thousand times but one more wont matter. Thanks Carole
Old Mar 16th 2005, 3:17 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Parent visas again

Originally Posted by caroledouglas
My question is my hubbie, myself and 4 year old daughter are immigrating to Perth on a 138 skilled and sponsered visa in the summer. I am an only child, dad is a joiner mum retired. What would be the best and quickest way for them to immigrate as well. Know this question ahas probably been asked a thousand times but one more wont matter. Thanks Carole
Contributory parent visa is the only realistic way.

That gives work rights and PR plus medicare.

They have to meet health requirements and you have to be settled in Australia for 2 years before you can sponsor them. You would also need proof of ability to act as assurer.

Once eligible the visa takes about 6 months to process.

Usual (non contributory) parent visas take 10 years or so.

Good luck

G
Old Mar 16th 2005, 10:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by caroledouglas
Hi Carole
Grayling has given you the only realistic option, with the Contributory Parent visa.
Look at the DIMIA website, Booklet 3 and also the form 990i. These tell you all about the parent visas and the cost involved. Dont collapse when you see the cost of the second visa application charge!

Regards
Old Mar 17th 2005, 3:26 am
Moved out bush!

jensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud of

I am looking into this also for the in-laws, what would be the downside to them gaining a tempory retirement visa, because we also have the sponsor problem of us not being here 2 years yet and the other brother has had a baby this year and his wifes wages are non existant for the last 12 months and would not have enough earnings this year to sponsor them.
Its an interesting subject, I know with the retirement option they have to have a substantial amount of money.

Jenny
Old Mar 17th 2005, 3:32 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jensteve
I am looking into this also for the in-laws, what would be the downside to them gaining a tempory retirement visa, because we also have the sponsor problem of us not being here 2 years yet and the other brother has had a baby this year and his wifes wages are non existant for the last 12 months and would not have enough earnings this year to sponsor them.
Its an interesting subject, I know with the retirement option they have to have a substantial amount of money.

Jenny

Can they *qualify* for a retirement visa? If not, there's not much point even considering it further.

If they can qualify, then the question is are they happy to uproot themselves without the security of permanent residence and are they happy with the restrictions on the visa.

In the meantime, I'd suggest you get some professional advice on the parent visa options.

Jeremy
Old Mar 17th 2005, 7:09 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jensteve

Jenny
One option is to go for the 2 year Temporary parent contributory visa.This visa can be made permanent within 2 years on payment of the additional VAC.

If your brother is eligible to sponsor he could do this.

An assurer is not needed for two years at which point the visa must be made permanent.

You would then have been there for two years and can be assurer.

This is not without risks as if anything goes wrong and you could not assure them, then they would not be able to make the visa permanent, unless another assurer could be found. They then risk losing their initial payment.

This is an option though and may be worth considering.

As Jeremy says, professional advice may help.

G