Parent Visa

Old Sep 14th 2016, 9:29 am
Just Joined

QLD atherton is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Parent Visa

Hello was wondering if it's possible to come on a 173 Visa, to Australia then apply for 884 whilst in Aus which would then lead to the 864 residency Visa. Has anyone experienced this route and does any one know if a may be a cheaper route than the 143
Old Sep 15th 2016, 11:56 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Parent Visa

The subclass 173 visa is a precursor to the 143 onshore.

You would apply for an 884 visa if you happen to be in Australia on (say) an eVisitor visa.

Note that as a rule the two step Contributory Parent visa strategy is more expensive than going straight to the permanent residency visa.

Best regards.
Old Sep 18th 2016, 12:13 am
Chris

crispybacon is just really nicecrispybacon is just really nicecrispybacon is just really nicecrispybacon is just really nicecrispybacon is just really nicecrispybacon is just really nicecrispybacon is just really nicecrispybacon is just really nice

I'm looking into the best visa for my mum to come from the UK - best both in money and time for processing. She's just turned 70. Have looked at various options but I'm having difficulty deciphering the rules to get an accurate price. From what I can tell the 864/884 route is cheaper than the 143/173 one, and because of her age she would be eligible for the 884/864. But having read the previous post I am wondering if she could do the 600/884. Does anyone have any idea about waiting times etc.
Also has anyone brought an aged (healthy and active) parent out here and do they offer any advice. We live in FNQ. Thanks
Old Sep 18th 2016, 8:43 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by crispybacon
I'm looking into the best visa for my mum to come from the UK - best both in money and time for processing. She's just turned 70. Have looked at various options but I'm having difficulty deciphering the rules to get an accurate price. From what I can tell the 864/884 route is cheaper than the 143/173 one, and because of her age she would be eligible for the 884/864. But having read the previous post I am wondering if she could do the 600/884. Does anyone have any idea about waiting times etc.
Also has anyone brought an aged (healthy and active) parent out here and do they offer any advice. We live in FNQ. Thanks

The cost of the 884/864 strategy is pretty much the same as a 173/143.

Remember the need to be onshore - ie in Australia - when applying for an 884.

I don't follow the 600/884 question - sorry.

Best regards.
Old Sep 18th 2016, 3:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alan Collett
The cost of the 884/864 strategy is pretty much the same as a 173/143.

Remember the need to be onshore - ie in Australia - when applying for an 884.

I don't follow the 600/884 question - sorry.

Best regards.
Think they are just asking if they can apply for a 600 and then an 884.
Old Sep 18th 2016, 10:03 pm
Migration Agent

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
Think they are just asking if they can apply for a 600 and then an 884.
Ah - OK. Thanks.

A visitor visa should not be used with the known intention of applying for an onshore visa such as a subclass 884 or 864.

Best regards.
Old Sep 18th 2016, 11:12 pm
Chris

crispybacon is just really nicecrispybacon is just really nicecrispybacon is just really nicecrispybacon is just really nicecrispybacon is just really nicecrispybacon is just really nicecrispybacon is just really nicecrispybacon is just really nice

Ah - OK. Thanks.

A visitor visa should not be used with the known intention of applying for an onshore visa such as a subclass 884 or 864.

Best regards.
Yes that is what I was asking. Just thought the 600 first may be a quicker way to get her here initially and then apply for 864 whilst she is here. I think she would prefer to try living here for a year first to see how she feels about it but I appreciate your answer regarding intention. Do you or does anyone know roughly what the processing time is for an 884?
Old Sep 18th 2016, 11:29 pm
Migration Agent

The Parents Visa Centre is presently processing subclass 884 and 864 applications that were lodged in mid-October 2015.

=> A reasonable expectation is for an onshore application to be processed in about a year.

Remember that an 8503 No Further Stay condition attached to a visitor visa will prevent the submission of a visa application while onshore.

12 months visitor visas are frequently issued with an 8503 condition.

Best regards.
Old Sep 19th 2016, 2:39 am
Chris

The Parents Visa Centre is presently processing subclass 884 and 864 applications that were lodged in mid-October 2015.

=> A reasonable expectation is for an onshore application to be processed in about a year.

Remember that an 8503 No Further Stay condition attached to a visitor visa will prevent the submission of a visa application while onshore.

12 months visitor visas are frequently issued with an 8503 condition.

Best regards.
Does the fact that she is over 70 mean she has to go for the aged parent contributory visa 864/884 or could she go for the 173/143? It appears to be $1205.00 less to go for the 173/143 (173 $2490 base fee followed by $29130 / 143 $325 base fee then $19,420, total $51,365. 864 $325 base, then $19420 / 884 $3695 base followed by $29130 total $52,570). Do these figures look familiar to you?
Old Sep 19th 2016, 2:47 am
Migration Agent

Originally Posted by crispybacon
Does the fact that she is over 70 mean she has to go for the aged parent contributory visa 864/884 or could she go for the 173/143? It appears to be $1205.00 less to go for the 173/143 (173 $2490 base fee followed by $29130 / 143 $325 base fee then $19,420, total $51,365. 864 $325 base, then $19420 / 884 $3695 base followed by $29130 total $52,570). Do these figures look familiar to you?

No, she can apply for the 173 now.

Note that applying for the permanent residency visa outright is less costly overall.

Feel able to send a PM or email to me (click on my name to the left of this post) if you are minded to instruct a migration agent to prepare/assist/manage the visa application.

Best regards.
Old Sep 21st 2016, 4:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond repute

I think if your mum is still unsure then coming for a long visit is worth doing - a contributory visa is a lot of money to spend if your mum decides she doesn't really like it in the long term - and FNQ is an acquired taste!