Parent visa

Old Dec 17th 2013, 8:56 pm
Forum Regular

nexsuperne is a glorious beacon of lightnexsuperne is a glorious beacon of lightnexsuperne is a glorious beacon of lightnexsuperne is a glorious beacon of lightnexsuperne is a glorious beacon of lightnexsuperne is a glorious beacon of lightnexsuperne is a glorious beacon of lightnexsuperne is a glorious beacon of lightnexsuperne is a glorious beacon of lightnexsuperne is a glorious beacon of lightnexsuperne is a glorious beacon of light
Default Parent visa

Hi, I dont want to hijack this thread, so mods please move me if needed. Me, my wife and 2 children are going to Australia on a 189. We want the MIL and FIL to come with us. We have been advised to get them out on a visitors visa and then apply for a parents visa when they are out there. Because of the 16 year delay in getting a parents visa, they will go on a bridging visa. Will they need medicals for the bridging visa? Her BMI is guesstimated at about 41. Is being morbidly obese an issue?
Old Dec 17th 2013, 9:11 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Parent visa

Originally Posted by nexsuperne
Hi, I dont want to hijack this thread, so mods please move me if needed. Me, my wife and 2 children are going to Australia on a 189. We want the MIL and FIL to come with us. We have been advised to get them out on a visitors visa and then apply for a parents visa when they are out there. Because of the 16 year delay in getting a parents visa, they will go on a bridging visa. Will they need medicals for the bridging visa? Her BMI is guesstimated at about 41. Is being morbidly obese an issue?
I've moved your post to it's own thread - it is a different question really.

Yes obesity is an issue and could lead to further info being needed. At the moment, can she do anything to reduce the BMI since there is still plenty of time.
Old Dec 17th 2013, 9:25 pm
Forum Regular

nexsuperne is a glorious beacon of lightnexsuperne is a glorious beacon of lightnexsuperne is a glorious beacon of lightnexsuperne is a glorious beacon of lightnexsuperne is a glorious beacon of lightnexsuperne is a glorious beacon of lightnexsuperne is a glorious beacon of lightnexsuperne is a glorious beacon of lightnexsuperne is a glorious beacon of lightnexsuperne is a glorious beacon of lightnexsuperne is a glorious beacon of light

I should also add that my MIL had cancer several years ago, but has been clear at least 4 years, and has had a defibrilator pacemaker fitted. Am I wasting my time trying to move everyone out to oz? The whole point of me, the missus and the kids going out was due to my BIL, his wife (australian) and my 2 nephews being in Melbourne, and trying to get all 10 of us in the same place for my MIL's final years.
Old Dec 17th 2013, 9:35 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

I should also add that my MIL had cancer several years ago, but has been clear at least 4 years, and has had a defibrilator pacemaker fitted. Am I wasting my time trying to move everyone out to oz? The whole point of me, the missus and the kids going out was due to my BIL, his wife (australian) and my 2 nephews being in Melbourne, and trying to get all 10 of us in the same place for my MIL's final years.
I would get advice from an experienced MARA agent (or your in-laws should anyway). If your only goal is to get everyone in the same place you could be wasting a lot of time, money and energy for nothing. I take it there is not chance of BIL and family returning to UK?
Old Dec 17th 2013, 10:40 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Why couldn't your BIL sponsor them for a Contributory parent visa?

You would not be able to sponsor them until you are 'settled'....which usually means two years.

Do they pass the blance of family test?
Old Dec 17th 2013, 11:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

If you follow this plan, the BIL will need to be the sponsor, you would need to wait to years to sponsor. Yes medicals are required up front before getting a queue place and then at the end as well. There seems to be quite a few heath issues going on and I would seek some professional help before embarking on this.
Old Dec 18th 2013, 5:04 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Grayling
Why couldn't your BIL sponsor them for a Contributory parent visa?

You would not be able to sponsor them until you are 'settled'....which usually means two years.

Do they pass the blance of family test?
They pass the balance of family test, as they only have my wife and my BIL. My BIL has been in Melbourne for 13 years now. Is it worth getting the full blown medical done first, before anything else?

Failing that, does anyone need a granny that can do a blinding roast dinner and is good with grandkids?

Last edited by nexsuperne; Dec 18th 2013 at 5:06 am.
Old Dec 18th 2013, 5:20 am
Forum Regular

My MIL will be 71, and my FIL 77 before we got out to Oz. With MIL's health, I seriously doubt she would outlast the bridging visa. At what point do payments need to be made?
I'm not being mercenary, but I have lost count of the number of arguments that have been over her ever increasing bulk, and her complete lack of wanting to do anything about it.
This could screw up the dream for all of us.
Old Dec 18th 2013, 5:31 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

My MIL will be 71, and my FIL 77 before we got out to Oz. With MIL's health, I seriously doubt she would outlast the bridging visa. At what point do payments need to be made?
I'm not being mercenary, but I have lost count of the number of arguments that have been over her ever increasing bulk, and her complete lack of wanting to do anything about it.
This could screw up the dream for all of us.
What's the plan if they get to Australia and have "no further stay" stamped on their visas? If the immigration people on entry think they're trying to emigrate on a tourist visa it's possible they could be turned around at the border or have no further stay imposed.
Old Dec 18th 2013, 5:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

They pass the balance of family test, as they only have my wife and my BIL. My BIL has been in Melbourne for 13 years now. Is it worth getting the full blown medical done first, before anything else?

Failing that, does anyone need a granny that can do a blinding roast dinner and is good with grandkids?
No there is no point just going for a medical, because you still wont know the answer unless it is sent to Australia for processing. You should consult a migration agent as mentioned earlier.

Old Dec 18th 2013, 6:12 am
Forum Regular

Ok, all points noted. Thank you for your replies.
Old Dec 18th 2013, 7:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Why would you want to move a couple of elderly people to a foreign country on the other side of the world away from the social connections they have taken a lifetime to build up? Getting old isn't easy at the best of times but taking them away from the familiar is actually quite cruel, especially when they will be financially worse off (frozen pensions) and isolated.

If they are serious and gung-ho for the move then go for the CPV, it gives them more flexibility and not nearly as precarious and is a lot quicker.
Old Dec 18th 2013, 6:00 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by quoll
Why would you want to move a couple of elderly people to a foreign country on the other side of the world away from the social connections they have taken a lifetime to build up? Getting old isn't easy at the best of times but taking them away from the familiar is actually quite cruel, especially when they will be financially worse off (frozen pensions) and isolated.

If they are serious and gung-ho for the move then go for the CPV, it gives them more flexibility and not nearly as precarious and is a lot quicker.
We're going because we all want to live as a family. My in-laws only see their son (wife & 2 young grandchildren) once every 2-3 years, as their son moved out to Oz 13 years ago to marry his Australian wife.
With my skills and my wife's skills being fully transferable, and Oz not being a bad place to live, it made sense to sell up everything so that all 10 of us could be together for their retirement years. I would work the mines/gas/construction on FIFO, buy a big 7 bed house and support them for the rest of their days.
This may be the last time they can afford to go to see their son, as my FIL is still working (decorator) at nearly 77 years old.

How much would a CPV cost?
Old Dec 18th 2013, 7:20 pm
Forum Regular

http://www.australia-migration.com/p...Parent_visa/89
Someone check my maths please....

2 parents on a 864 visa

1st stage $2060 x2
2nd stage $42,250 x2
10 year AoS bond $10,000 plus $4000 for additional applicant

Total $102620!!!

Was that a misprint?
Old Dec 18th 2013, 7:25 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.australia-migration.com/p...Parent_visa/89
Someone check my maths please....

2 parents on a 864 visa

1st stage $2060 x2
2nd stage $42,250 x2
10 year AoS bond $10,000 plus $4000 for additional applicant

Total $102620!!!

Was that a misprint?
Sounds about right......but then this is a very expensive country so they would need a fair amount of money to live.

BTW getting a job in the mines on FIFO is far from easy.......so best get the job first before basing your plans on it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.