British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   Parent as dependant on Visa Application (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/parent-dependant-visa-application-590027/)

welshtony Mar 1st 2009 12:25 am

Re: Parent as dependant on Visa Application

If you include a parent in your application as part of yoru family unit, there are two scenarios in relation to refusal and the affect on the rest of the applicants:

1 If DIAC accept your parent as part of your family unit and request medicals, and yo uall pass the medicals except your parent, then all applicants get refused visas;

2 If DIAC do not accept your parent as part of your family unit, ONLY the parent gets refused a visa and the rest of you are requested to proceed with health and character

Regards

Tony Coates
MARN 0635896

JAJ Mar 1st 2009 3:49 am

Originally Posted by welshtony (Post 7334445)
If you include a parent in your application as part of yoru family unit, there are two scenarios in relation to refusal and the affect on the rest of the applicants:

1 If DIAC accept your parent as part of your family unit and request medicals, and yo uall pass the medicals except your parent, then all applicants get refused visas;

2 If DIAC do not accept your parent as part of your family unit, ONLY the parent gets refused a visa and the rest of you are requested to proceed with health and character

There is a third scenario - if applicants make false claims to justify dependency, the entire application can be refused on character grounds.

tp801 Mar 2nd 2009 1:26 am

Originally Posted by welshtony (Post 7334445)

Regards

Tony Coates
MARN 0635896

Thanks Tony, I take your advise.

I also read your previous reply as regarding to "Yes, it is difficult to prove for Brits." in this thread....What happen in my case is: I sponsored my mum to come to Canada 5 years ago from my home country, and there is a "10 years sponsorship" under me, which implies I had to provide home/cloth/meal..etc. basic need for her in (at least) 10 years, which I did. And because of this sponsorship, she cannot get pension either. So she IS dependent on me in fact. But the thing is: It's really difficult for to prove it as you mentioned, such as, how can I prove I provide cloth to her? or provide home to her(She lived in my house with my family)? [ I mean what kind of evidence I need to prove? I just simply don't have OFFICIALLY. :confused:) Do they expect me to attach a cloth receipt to claim, "hey, I bought the cloth for my mum, this is the evidence." :D ]

welshtony Mar 2nd 2009 1:32 am

Originally Posted by tp801 (Post 7337664)
Thanks Tony, I take your advise.

I also read your previous reply as regarding to "Yes, it is difficult to prove for Brits." in this thread....What happen in my case is: I sponsored my mum to come to Canada 5 years ago from my home country, and there is a "10 years sponsorship" under me, which implies I had to provide home/cloth/meal..etc. basic need for her in (at least) 10 years, which I did. And because of this sponsorship, she cannot get pension either. So she IS dependent on me in fact. But the thing is: It's really difficult for to prove it as you mentioned, such as, how can I prove I provide cloth to her? or provide home to her(She lived in my house with my family)? [ I mean what kind of evidence I need to prove? I just simply don't have OFFICIALLY. :confused:) Do they expect me to attach a cloth receipt to claim, "hey, I bought the cloth for my mum, this is the evidence." :D ]

You can only prove what you can - evidence that she has lived with you for at least the last 3 years - evidence that she has no income for at least the last 3 years. If she has money in her name, maybe you can show that she has not been drawing on it regularly or you can prove that she only uses her own money for luxuries.

Regards

Tony Coates
MARN 0635896

tp801 Mar 2nd 2009 2:04 am

Originally Posted by welshtony (Post 7337672)
You can only prove what you can

:thumbsup: Great, This makes my life much easier. I think I can provide her tax income for each year(a small amount as her income) as evidence then.

tp801 May 29th 2009 2:11 pm

Hi Tony,

I have one more question, in your previous reply:
1 ....

My question is: can I withdraw my application in such case(of course, with money refund)? My bottom line is: I cannot leave my mother alone here.

Regards.

Dorothy May 29th 2009 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by tp801 (Post 7617223)
Hi Tony,

I have one more question, in your previous reply:
1 ....

My question is: can I withdraw my application in such case(of course, with money refund)? My bottom line is: I cannot leave my mother alone here.

Regards.

If you withdraw your application your money is not refunded.

welshtony May 30th 2009 1:00 am

If they decide your mother is not a member of your family unit, they will refuse her application only. You can withdraw her from your application - or rather only she can withdraw herself from your application so you could get her to do that if you wish - no refund as there is just one fee for your family unit.

Regards