Parent contributary visa

Old Nov 15th 2007, 9:12 am
Forum Regular

Donna Doo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Parent contributary visa

Hello

Wondering if anyone has any ideas.....

My brother is sponsoring us and w've just got our 138 visa, my sister is in the process of going for a 136 visa and now we have to figure out how my mum can get over to Oz on a Parent contributary visa.

She basically would love to come and live over there as soon as possible.

Does anyone know about how she can apply onshore and have a bridging visa or maybe apply for the temporary visa and then go for the permanent one in two years time? I think my brother can only sponsor one person at a time anyway?

She's busting my chops about it and if I don't get an answer soon she won't be happy!!

Anyone got any ideas? I'd be really grateful

Donna Doo
Old Nov 15th 2007, 9:21 am
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Parent contributary visa

Originally Posted by Donna Doo
Hello

Wondering if anyone has any ideas.....

My brother is sponsoring us and w've just got our 138 visa, my sister is in the process of going for a 136 visa and now we have to figure out how my mum can get over to Oz on a Parent contributary visa.

She basically would love to come and live over there as soon as possible.

Does anyone know about how she can apply onshore and have a bridging visa or maybe apply for the temporary visa and then go for the permanent one in two years time? I think my brother can only sponsor one person at a time anyway?

She's busting my chops about it and if I don't get an answer soon she won't be happy!!

Anyone got any ideas? I'd be really grateful

Donna Doo
Hi Donna,

There's a wide range of possible mechanisms to bring your mum here while waiting for you to be eligible to sponsor her and they all depend on circumstances eg age, number of children she has, number of children you have, wealth, interest in study etc. No limit to the number of people you can sponsor but there's a limit to the number of people you can give an Assurance of Support to, perhaps that's what you're thinking of?

Cheers,

George Lombard
Old Nov 15th 2007, 9:42 am
Forum Regular

Hi George

Yes of course you are right - it's AOS I'm thinking of...

When I get over there in January my mum will definately meet the balance of family requirement and then by April hopefully all her kids (and grandchildren) will be there which is why she is so keen to join us!

If you can point me in the right direction that would be brilliant

And I thought our visa was stressful!!!

Donna
Old Nov 15th 2007, 9:50 am
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Hi George

When I get over there in January my mum will definately meet the balance of family requirement and then by April hopefully all her kids (and grandchildren) will be there which is why she is so keen to join us!

Donna
Hi Donna,

Talk to an agent and work through the options; or better still, get your mum to talk to the agent.

cheers,

George Lombard
Old Nov 17th 2007, 12:16 am
Forum Regular

Dizzydame has a brilliant futureDizzydame has a brilliant futureDizzydame has a brilliant futureDizzydame has a brilliant futureDizzydame has a brilliant futureDizzydame has a brilliant futureDizzydame has a brilliant future

Hi George

Donna
Hi Donna, I am in a very similar position to your mum, both daughters and all grandchildren going out next year, really want to go with them or spend as much time as I can over there till I can apply for the CPV, if you find a magic answer please let me know, I am getting quite confused with all the things I am reading on the forum, some say you can't do it, some say you can. My daughter asked her agent and he said I have to wait for 2 years, and can only apply for visitor visa, in the meantime, the length of time seems to be questionable, some say 12 months some say 6.

So if you do find a way of getting your mum out there during the waiting period pleeeeease let me know

Dizzy
Old Nov 19th 2007, 7:55 am
Forum Regular

Hi Dizzydame

It's a minefield isn't it? I think we're going to look at the temporary visa which you can then convert to a permanent one. This may work out if no sponsor is required. If it is then we are stuck for a couple of years.

I've heard of bridging visas but have no idea what they are!

Donna
Old Nov 19th 2007, 11:43 am
Forum Regular

Dizzydame has a brilliant futureDizzydame has a brilliant futureDizzydame has a brilliant futureDizzydame has a brilliant futureDizzydame has a brilliant futureDizzydame has a brilliant futureDizzydame has a brilliant future

Hi Dizzydame

It's a minefield isn't it? I think we're going to look at the temporary visa which you can then convert to a permanent one. This may work out if no sponsor is required. If it is then we are stuck for a couple of years.

I've heard of bridging visas but have no idea what they are!

Donna

Hi Donna, thanks for the reply, have decided to phone and speak to an agent, Allan Collet has given out a phone number on various threads for his colleague who it would appear is good with CPV's will try and find the number and give her a ring, will let you know if I find anything to our advantage.

regards

Dizzy
Old Nov 19th 2007, 12:46 pm
blood pressure so high!!!

silvernightthorn is just really nicesilvernightthorn is just really nicesilvernightthorn is just really nicesilvernightthorn is just really nicesilvernightthorn is just really nicesilvernightthorn is just really nicesilvernightthorn is just really nicesilvernightthorn is just really nice

Originally Posted by Dizzydame
Hi Donna, thanks for the reply, have decided to phone and speak to an agent, Allan Collet has given out a phone number on various threads for his colleague who it would appear is good with CPV's will try and find the number and give her a ring, will let you know if I find anything to our advantage.

regards

Dizzy

Hi im another one whose parent is chewing their ear off my mum phoned alans co worker and she didn't seem interested and just said it'll be 2years
Old Nov 19th 2007, 12:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

welshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by silvernightthorn
Hi im another one whose parent is chewing their ear off my mum phoned alans co worker and she didn't seem interested and just said it'll be 2years
The requirement is that the SPONSOR be "Settled" in Australia. Immigration Policy is that settled usually means that the sponsor has been living Physically in Australia for at least 2 years - can be as temporary resident as long as permanent when sponsoring. Perth will consider leeser periods for sponsors e.g. sponsor has ben there 1 year, has bought house, got good permanent job, children settled in schools - so 2 years is not written in blood.

So in Donna's situation, one of her siblings, who is already settled in Australia, can immediately sponsor the parents as oon as the balance of family is met. If that settled sibling has already made an assurance for Donna, then you either need to find another assurer (can be any resident/citizen of Australia who has earned the required taxable income for the past 2 years - does not have to be a relative for the assurance)

OR apply for the temporary Contributory Parent visa, which does not require an Assurance of support until you pay the second stage fees up to 2 years later. By this time, her brother's assurance would have been discharged and the brother (or possibly even Donna at this stage) can then assure the parents.

Regards

Tony Coates
MARN 0635896
Old Nov 19th 2007, 10:11 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by silvernightthorn
Hi Silvernighthorn, Am really surprised at hearing that,
A C has recommended quite a few people to have a freebie chat with her over CPV's, Another blank drawn.:curse:

Found Tony Coates reply very informative and it has given me a better idea of which path to take, I think any parent in this situation has to have a lot of determination as does any body trying to get in to Oz. Just need a lot of patience

regards Dizzy
Old Nov 19th 2007, 11:43 pm
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold

Hi Silvernighthorn, Am really surprised at hearing that,
A C has recommended quite a few people to have a freebie chat with her over CPV's, Another blank drawn.:curse:

Found Tony Coates reply very informative and it has given me a better idea of which path to take, I think any parent in this situation has to have a lot of determination as does any body trying to get in to Oz. Just need a lot of patience

regards Dizzy
Hiya

Tony's response is as constructive as you can get.

Once you get your head round the differences between "SPONSOR" and "ASSURER" (even though they could actually be the same person !) you are then sorted.

Regards

Jim (a CPV holder)
Old Nov 20th 2007, 9:30 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jimclevs
Hiya

Tony's response is as constructive as you can get.

Once you get your head round the differences between "SPONSOR" and "ASSURER" (even though they could actually be the same person !) you are then sorted.

Regards

Jim (a CPV holder)
Hi Jim, Couldnt agree more, Tony's response has been really helpful, have managed to get my head round the "SPONSOR" "ASSURER" bit. Think I am more likely to go for the temporary CPV, to give my daughters time to earn lots of money

Did you spend time in Oz while waiting for CPV? Am trying to work out the best way of doing that.

Read on one of the threads "it's harder for the oldies to settle" but I think it would be even harder to live here without my family. Would like to hear your views on that one.

regards Dizzy
Old Nov 20th 2007, 8:26 pm
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold

Hi Jim, Couldnt agree more, Tony's response has been really helpful, have managed to get my head round the "SPONSOR" "ASSURER" bit. Think I am more likely to go for the temporary CPV, to give my daughters time to earn lots of money

Did you spend time in Oz while waiting for CPV? Am trying to work out the best way of doing that.

Read on one of the threads "it's harder for the oldies to settle" but I think it would be even harder to live here without my family. Would like to hear your views on that one.

regards Dizzy
Hi

Will send you a PM on this - probably tomorrow as no time today (off to Sydney!)

Regards

Jim
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 4:03 am
An Australian Citizen !!

Originally Posted by Jimclevs
Hi

Will send you a PM on this - probably tomorrow as no time today (off to Sydney!)

Regards

Jim
Hi

Have sent you the PM as promised.

Regards

Jim
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 10:14 am
Forum Regular

Hi

Yeah - thanks Welshtony - I think that's going to be the route we take - temporary and then convert to permanent.

I've had to wait till I'm back at work as my pc got shipped yesterday. Stroppy shippers but that's another story!!!!

Donna

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.