Painter & decorator with no qualifications

Old Sep 21st 2008, 5:29 pm
Just Joined

jayletz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Painter & decorator with no qualifications

hey,

Please can someone help?Do I need to get any qualifications for decorating even though I have had years of experience? Ideally I do not want to go to college for years.

I got out of the trade a couple of years ago but now I need to get my tools out again for the general skilled immigration points system for residency.
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 7:49 am
BE Enthusiast

hairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nice
Default Re: Painter & decorator with no qualifications

Originally Posted by jayletz
hey,

Please can someone help?Do I need to get any qualifications for decorating even though I have had years of experience? Ideally I do not want to go to college for years.

I got out of the trade a couple of years ago but now I need to get my tools out again for the general skilled immigration points system for residency.

i have sent you a private message, hope it helps.
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 9:03 am
Just Joined

hi, there is no link.
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 9:05 am
BE Enthusiast

hairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nice

do you mean to the private message, if so look at the top right hand corner of the page, if not then i'll send it again.
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 9:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jayletz
hey,

you will need to get quals, and to be working in the industry for 12 months prior to application. you will also need to be able to get references from when you did painting & decorating to prove that is what you did, timescales etc. also any other evidence to support that.
the details of how to get a qualification through assessment is in the PM i sent you.

good luck
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 7:54 am
Just Joined

Thanks very much. I called them and they are very helpfull.
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 10:37 am
BE Enthusiast

great i'm glad i could be helpfull, and i hope it all works out well for you.
Old Oct 16th 2008, 11:05 am
Forum Regular

Julian01 is just really niceJulian01 is just really niceJulian01 is just really niceJulian01 is just really niceJulian01 is just really niceJulian01 is just really niceJulian01 is just really niceJulian01 is just really niceJulian01 is just really nice

Hi,
I am in the same boat.
Would it be possible to pass on the same info to me?

Regards
Julian
Old Oct 16th 2008, 11:36 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Julian,

Please send me a PM with your email address so I can send some information to you about workplace assessments in the UK leading to an AQF Certificate III, and then a TRA migration skills assessment.

Best regards.
Old Oct 16th 2008, 1:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Julian01
Hi,
I am in the same boat.
Would it be possible to pass on the same info to me?

Regards
Julian
i've PM'd you the same info
Old Oct 16th 2008, 4:32 pm
Forum Regular

Julian01 is just really niceJulian01 is just really niceJulian01 is just really niceJulian01 is just really niceJulian01 is just really niceJulian01 is just really niceJulian01 is just really niceJulian01 is just really niceJulian01 is just really nice

Thanks very much!
Old Oct 16th 2008, 4:33 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Article now written for Go Matilda News:
http://www.gomatilda.com/news/article.cfm?articleid=471

Best regards.