OZ to NZ visa?

Old Aug 10th 2004, 8:13 am

guest81707 is a jewel in the roughguest81707 is a jewel in the roughguest81707 is a jewel in the roughguest81707 is a jewel in the roughguest81707 is a jewel in the rough
Default OZ to NZ visa?

Hi once in Oz in October will be married on 15th, then at Christmas we are going to the inlaws in NZ, will I need a visa to go from Oz to NZ and back, wife to be is NZ citizen. Where do i apply and what sort do i need??

John
Old Aug 10th 2004, 12:57 pm
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OZ to NZ visa?

Originally Posted by kiwiloverjohn
Hi once in Oz in October will be married on 15th, then at Christmas we are going to the inlaws in NZ, will I need a visa to go from Oz to NZ and back, wife to be is NZ citizen. Where do i apply and what sort do i need??

John
John

It all depends what passport you intend to use to enter NZ. It may also depend on what Australian visa, if any, you have at the moment.

Regards
Peter
Old Aug 10th 2004, 1:59 pm

guest81707 is a jewel in the roughguest81707 is a jewel in the roughguest81707 is a jewel in the roughguest81707 is a jewel in the roughguest81707 is a jewel in the rough

I'll be using UK passport and I'll have fiance visa for Oz as we will be married......

John
Old Aug 10th 2004, 3:33 pm
Paddington Brisbane

BKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the rough

Hi John,

Good to see you're trying to occupy yourself during the long 'visa wait'!!

Have a look at these links .....

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...nz/quickcheck/

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...dontneedavisa/

And if you still can't find the answer try emailing them at .....

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...us/default.htm

Can you tell I'm at a loose end today!!
Old Aug 10th 2004, 9:44 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

No need normally for a visa to visit New Zealand if you have a British citizen passport.

For re-entry to Australia, your fiance visa must still be valid on the date you return - otherwise get some professional advice in advance.

If your wife is a New Zealand citizen how are you planning to get an Australian fiance visa? Does she also have Australian citizenship or is she an 'eligible' NZ citizen (if you don't know what an eligible NZ citizen is you need to find out as it's very important ... )

Also - fiance visas are for those *planning* to marry, not those married already. Are you sure you're not confused about visas?

Jeremy

I'll be using UK passport and I'll have fiance visa for Oz as we will be married......

John

Last edited by JAJ; Aug 10th 2004 at 9:47 pm.
Old Aug 11th 2004, 9:04 am

No no no you've mis-read me, I'm going to Oz in October on a fiance visa to get married, we are then getting married in October, so when we go to NZ we will be married.........Chrissy has had to have meds, and police clearance to sponsor me as she is a kiwi living in Oz which is different from being an eligible NZ citizen, and at the same time as her mother is Australian is running a tandem application to become an australian citizen.As far as i can gather as long as you have a UK passport you can travel to NZ without a visa...would that be correct..?
Old Aug 11th 2004, 11:08 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

She needs to be an 'eligible' NZ citizen to sponsor for a fiance visa. If she's not, she can't sponsor for that visa.

Read form 1162 to begin with:
http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/1162.pdf

She should strongly consider taking Australian citizenship if she is eligible for that.

Jeremy

No no no you've mis-read me, I'm going to Oz in October on a fiance visa to get married, we are then getting married in October, so when we go to NZ we will be married.........Chrissy has had to have meds, and police clearance to sponsor me as she is a kiwi living in Oz which is different from being an eligible NZ citizen, and at the same time as her mother is Australian is running a tandem application to become an australian citizen.As far as i can gather as long as you have a UK passport you can travel to NZ without a visa...would that be correct..?
Old Aug 11th 2004, 11:40 am

Well she's been in Oz for 9 years now......and all our case mnager wanted was meds and clearance for Chrissy.........so i guess she must be an eligible citizen.........and you're right citizenship is what we will all strive for in the end...
Old Aug 11th 2004, 10:12 pm
JAJ
Retired

Well she's been in Oz for 9 years now......and all our case mnager wanted was meds and clearance for Chrissy.........so i guess she must be an eligible citizen.........and you're right citizenship is what we will all strive for in the end...
If she arrived 9 years ago then she's 'eligible' ... if she had taken Australian citizenship she would not have had the hassle of having to do medical and police checks to sponsor you.

As it's going to be a number of years before you qualify for Australian citizenship, she ought to set the process in motion as soon as possible. Information's at http://www.citizenship.gov.au

Neither British nor NZ citizenship is lost by taking Australian citizenship.

The Minister for Citizenship is especially keen for long resident British and NZ migrants in Australia to become Australian citizens.

Jeremy