oz citizenship approval

Old Sep 14th 2009, 12:38 am
Forum Regular

nephilim is a jewel in the roughnephilim is a jewel in the roughnephilim is a jewel in the roughnephilim is a jewel in the roughnephilim is a jewel in the rough
Default oz citizenship approval

Hi all just touching base with other people who have sat there citizenship test around the 13th August and passed ,in Brisbane.Has anyone had there approval letter yet?z
Old Sep 14th 2009, 12:51 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: oz citizenship approval

Originally Posted by nephilim
Hi all just touching base with other people who have sat there citizenship test around the 13th August and passed ,in Brisbane.Has anyone had there approval letter yet?z
Not sure about Brisbane, but it took nearly 3 months for ours to come in Perth.
Old Sep 14th 2009, 1:05 am
Forum Regular

Praks is an unknown quantity at this point

I applied end of July and still waiting for an approval letter. Guess its taking around 3 months if you apply online these days..

Hi Dorothy, 3 months for approval or invite for ceremony?

thanks
Old Sep 14th 2009, 1:54 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

I assume you applied for citizenship at the same time you wrote test?

We applied in person in Brisbane the first week of June. They told us on the spot that we were approved and we got the approval letter about a week later in the post.

The ceremony letter took about 2-3 months to come, we got it around mid August. It really depends on where your council is and how often they have the ceremonies. Ours council has about 5 a year I think. So we got put in the ceremony for September (this Thursday!).
Old Sep 14th 2009, 2:07 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Praks
I applied end of July and still waiting for an approval letter. Guess its taking around 3 months if you apply online these days..

Hi Dorothy, 3 months for approval or invite for ceremony?

thanks
3 months for the approval letter. It's at least 6 months here for a ceremony although the one they have very kindly squeezed us into is 8 months after we were approved. We were seriously considering telling them to shove their citizenship, but my daughter is looking forward to attending uni and will need the HECS scheme.
Old Sep 14th 2009, 4:24 am
Forum Regular

k974 will become famous soon enough

hi i did my test on the gold coast on the 5th August, applied on line on the 17th August (date i was eliglbe to apply) no news yet, i live in Brisbane only reason did the test in Gold Coast was i couldnt get an appointment for Brisbane. I have hear if i did my test after the 17th and applied that day i may have got it already not sure how true that is.

Was really hoping to do the cermony on Australia Day, anyone know the chances of it being approved and getting a date for Australia Day are??

Thanks
Old Sep 15th 2009, 2:04 am
Forum Regular

nephilim is a jewel in the roughnephilim is a jewel in the roughnephilim is a jewel in the roughnephilim is a jewel in the roughnephilim is a jewel in the rough

thankyou for all your replies,Im in brisbane but sat my test on the gold coast as there wasnt any spaces anyway passed test but had to get the childrens forms completed so didnt actually post docs in until august didnt apply online,sent docs registered post.Everything about our application is straight forward,would be nice just to have the approval letter.regards z
Old Sep 15th 2009, 3:55 am
BE Enthusiast

calNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to all

We did our test at the Gold Coast in the first week of April, received a confirmation letter about 6 or 7 weeks later and a few weeks ago received another letter saying we have our citizenship ceremony tomorrow tonight.
It has taken agessssss so fingers crossed you guys hear something soon
Cal x
Old Sep 15th 2009, 7:24 am
Forum Regular

Hi Guys, my application status now says Applicant approved - ready for ceremony. It took exactly 8 weeks to the day. This is in sydney CBD btw
Old Sep 15th 2009, 9:52 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by k974
hi i did my test on the gold coast on the 5th August, applied on line on the 17th August (date i was eliglbe to apply) no news yet, i live in Brisbane only reason did the test in Gold Coast was i couldnt get an appointment for Brisbane. I have hear if i did my test after the 17th and applied that day i may have got it already not sure how true that is.

Was really hoping to do the cermony on Australia Day, anyone know the chances of it being approved and getting a date for Australia Day are??

Thanks
I think you're likely to be offered a day prior to Australia Day but once you get a date, you can reply asking to be postponed until Aus Day. This early, you should be ok for approval.
Old Sep 15th 2009, 12:16 pm
Forum Regular

ColonialCousin has much to be proud ofColonialCousin has much to be proud ofColonialCousin has much to be proud ofColonialCousin has much to be proud ofColonialCousin has much to be proud ofColonialCousin has much to be proud ofColonialCousin has much to be proud ofColonialCousin has much to be proud ofColonialCousin has much to be proud ofColonialCousin has much to be proud ofColonialCousin has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Praks
Hi Guys, my application status now says Applicant approved - ready for ceremony. It took exactly 8 weeks to the day. This is in sydney CBD btw
Sydney City Council tends to have a rather large number of applicants so be prepared to wait a fair bit for your ceremony. From memory, a mate of mine whose citizenship application got approved somewhere around March only had his ceremony last week.

For the statistically inclined, I had my ceremony exactly 3 months to the date from taking the citizenship test - this was in Wollongong City Council.
Old Sep 15th 2009, 12:49 pm
Forum Regular

Hey mate, I referred to my application being processed at Sydney CBD to give some reference back to the OP who asked about processing times at Brisbane

My council is Willoughby and they seem to have ceremonies every month, I think I might get it in the next 3 months or so.

Last edited by Praks; Sep 15th 2009 at 12:55 pm.
Old Sep 16th 2009, 2:08 am
Forum Regular

That is great news Praks I hope your ceremony is arranged soon.z