Wikiposts

overseas trained doctor

Old Jan 28th 2006, 6:54 pm
docpkgj

docpkgj is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: overseas trained doctor

After I posted my reply,I realized it ought to be 2 years...
I logged in to correct myself....Thanx JAJ you have already done it....
Old Jan 28th 2006, 7:09 pm
docpkgj

Out of curosity I browsed Skill Matching Database and found something worrying for me.

There were doctors,some fresh graduates (not from Australian Universities/Medical Schools) without AMC exam/jobs in Oz/job offers/insufficient experience for GP jobs and had positive assessments from state medical boards.

Just wonder how they managed to get skill assessments from state medical boards.DIMIA said they would reply soon.............
Old Jan 28th 2006, 7:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

mvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by docpkgj
Out of curosity I browsed Skill Matching Database and found something worrying for me.

There were doctors,some fresh graduates (not from Australian Universities/Medical Schools) without AMC exam/jobs in Oz/job offers/insufficient experience for GP jobs and had positive assessments from state medical boards.

Just wonder how they managed to get skill assessments from state medical boards.DIMIA said they would reply soon.............
Yes - I wondered this too...
I also wondered what happens to those with full registration with a medical board but who clearly do not fit the ASCO description for General Medical Practitioner... As most (but not all) of those on that database, whether or not they qualified from Australia. They may have the correct "certificate" in terms of a skills assessment but surely they would not be eligible for a visa because they won't have the required work experience...

But then I suppose they're not all applying for general skilled migration? Or is that the only way of getting your details on the database?
Old Jan 28th 2006, 8:00 pm
Forum Regular

caracas is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by docpkgj
Any doctor can get assessment as Med Administrator.However it carries only 50 points and state nomination is not possible.However if you are under 30 and have work experience,then you might accrue 120 points and apply as Skilled Independent.
Yes, this is true cause VETASSESS ask only for bachelor degree or higher education. But, what about "recent work experience" condition? If you use your medical practice as recent work experience than you will need a second assessment as "doctor" so back to AMC exams and the rollercoster for GPs.

I guess there are many doctors over here but they relied on spouse skills for migration purpose.
Old Jan 29th 2006, 12:50 am
docpkgj

Even if you are applying as secondary applicant with spouse,you need skills assessment which in case of doctors without over 5 years GP experience,MRCGP,JCPTGP Certificate,FRACGP,MMed Family Medicine,AMC Certificate or Job in any Australian hospital is simply IMPOSSIBLE.Just wonder how an overseas doctor with internship only who is studying for AMC exam got positive assessment from one of state medical boards.Also, he is not working/studying in Australia.............There is some more with same profile.