Oracle DBA + new rules

Old Nov 16th 2010, 5:31 am
Forum Regular

oracle.dba is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Oracle DBA + new rules

I want to know will Oracle DBA's be able to get Immigration to Australia with new rules ? Just wondering Oracle DBA occupation is in SOL4 only.

Are Oracle Database Administrators eligible or not?
Old Nov 16th 2010, 5:35 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Oracle DBA + new rules

Originally Posted by oracle.dba
I want to know will Oracle DBA's be able to get Immigration to Australia with new rules ? Just wondering Oracle DBA occupation is in SOL4 only.

Are Oracle Database Administrators eligible or not?
What "new rules" are you referring to?
Old Nov 16th 2010, 5:40 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pollyana
What "new rules" are you referring to?
I think I should have write NEW POINT TEST. I got it from below link
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=693102
Old Nov 16th 2010, 6:07 am
Forum Regular

I think I should have write NEW POINT TEST. I got it from below link
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=693102
There wont be any points for occupation. So where should be one's occupation, in SOL3 or SOL4 ?

Regards
Old Nov 22nd 2010, 4:02 am
Forum Regular

please guide..

There wont be any points for occupation. So where should be one's occupation, in SOL3 or SOL4 ?

Regards
Old Nov 22nd 2010, 6:41 am
Premium Member

armandra is just really nicearmandra is just really nicearmandra is just really nicearmandra is just really nicearmandra is just really nicearmandra is just really nicearmandra is just really nicearmandra is just really nicearmandra is just really nicearmandra is just really nice

Regards
Hi There,

The New Points Test as announced, will come into effect from July 1st, 2011 provided the legislation is passed. Means it will be applicable only to those applications made on or after July 1st, 2011 and not gonna affect the ones already lodged.

As you already pointed out that "Oracle DBA" occupation is not part of SOL3 (taking your word for it), you wouldn't be able to apply for a Skilled Migrant (Independent) - 175 Visa, even if you happen to cross the pass mark.

But, since it is part of SOL4 (again your input), you can seek State/Territory Sponsorship if they happen to have "Oracle DBA" in their respective SMPs (State Migration Plans) and need to provide a commitment of staying in your sponsored state/territory for 2 years once the visa (Skilled Sponsored - 176) is granted.

It doesn't matter if NO points are allotted in the New Points System, you still need to nominate an occupation on SOL3 in order to apply for Skilled Independent - 175 Visa and on SOL4 for Skilled Sponsored - 176 Visa.

Hope this helps.
armandra!
Old Dec 1st 2010, 5:21 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by armandra
Hi There,

The New Points Test as announced, will come into effect from July 1st, 2011 provided the legislation is passed. Means it will be applicable only to those applications made on or after July 1st, 2011 and not gonna affect the ones already lodged.

As you already pointed out that "Oracle DBA" occupation is not part of SOL3 (taking your word for it), you wouldn't be able to apply for a Skilled Migrant (Independent) - 175 Visa, even if you happen to cross the pass mark.

But, since it is part of SOL4 (again your input), you can seek State/Territory Sponsorship if they happen to have "Oracle DBA" in their respective SMPs (State Migration Plans) and need to provide a commitment of staying in your sponsored state/territory for 2 years once the visa (Skilled Sponsored - 176) is granted.

It doesn't matter if NO points are allotted in the New Points System, you still need to nominate an occupation on SOL3 in order to apply for Skilled Independent - 175 Visa and on SOL4 for Skilled Sponsored - 176 Visa.

Hope this helps.
armandra!
Thanks armandra