British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   Online visa application (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/online-visa-application-604886/)

fenton1975 Apr 22nd 2009 12:57 pm

Online visa application

How do you get an application ID and password to save an application?

Is this only available to applicants using agents?

Whenever I start an online application and go to save it, it comes up with an error about using the back button on my browser then comes up with enter your ID and password?

Be grateful for any assisitance...

newjersey Apr 22nd 2009 1:04 pm

Re: Online visa application

I found it much more stable using Internet Explorer than Firefox, but that was a while ago. Just a thought.

crouts81 Apr 22nd 2009 6:49 pm

Originally Posted by fenton1975 (Post 7503261)
How do you get an application ID and password to save an application?

Is this only available to applicants using agents?

Whenever I start an online application and go to save it, it comes up with an error about using the back button on my browser then comes up with enter your ID and password?

Be grateful for any assisitance...

I was having exactly the same problem as you. Then we tried using my girlfriend's laptop instead of mine and it was fine. So, if possible, try using a different computer?

fenton1975 Apr 23rd 2009 10:39 am

Yes yr right, works on the Mrs laptop! Many thanks!! :thumbsup:

Jen1977ni Apr 23rd 2009 11:59 am

I personally found it worked better on Firefox than Explorer :p lol

newjersey Apr 23rd 2009 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni (Post 7506864)
I personally found it worked better on Firefox than Explorer :p lol

Things change :P I lodged my application back in 2007, it was somewhat different to what it is now, anyhoo, using a different browser solved the error.

NJ

shafanm Apr 23rd 2009 6:38 pm

If you hang around with BE for couple of Weeks, you will learn all info
needed to do the application by your self.
I would suggest if you have the time study/google a lot and do it yourself,I did use an agent, but I regret, they are proactive only upto the first payment after that they know we are stuck with them. Have to repeat the same email many times to get a reply, never come to the phone.

But the advantage of having a agent is you can have a piece of mine,since the work is done by experts.
Having said that, There are some very good agents, you'll find them if you are lucky