Online Sponsorship Forms

Old Dec 6th 2007, 10:46 am
BE Enthusiast

pacey is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Online Sponsorship Forms

Hi, I'm applying on a 176 skilled family sponsored.

Just wondering if anyone has had any trouble with their relative filling out the online sponsorship forms, as my sister is getting to the passport page then receiving an error message stating:

"DEPARTMENT SYSTEMS INDICATE THAT YOU ARE UNABLE TO MAKE AN APPLICATION FOR THIS VISA ONLINE. "

It may be due to her british passport having expired, but the passport is not really relevant to sponsorship, is it? Just the visa she holds.

So i am looking at completing the sponsorship on paper, but it says on the pdf "if your relatice has lodged their visa application online you must complete your sponsorship online"

So now i've got a problem!

Any advice?
Old Dec 6th 2007, 10:49 am
Forum Regular

ameya is just really niceameya is just really niceameya is just really niceameya is just really niceameya is just really niceameya is just really niceameya is just really niceameya is just really niceameya is just really niceameya is just really niceameya is just really nice
Default Re: Online Sponsorship Forms

[QUOTE=pacey;5639401]

"DEPARTMENT SYSTEMS INDICATE THAT YOU ARE UNABLE TO MAKE AN APPLICATION FOR THIS VISA ONLINE. "

QUOTE]

I guess, it is to do with browser /computer settings thats what i feel from the error message, maybe i am wrong!

Goodluck
Old Dec 6th 2007, 10:55 am
BE Enthusiast

AHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by pacey
Hi, I'm applying on a 176 skilled family sponsored.

Just wondering if anyone has had any trouble with their relative filling out the online sponsorship forms, as my sister is getting to the passport page then receiving an error message stating:

It may be due to her british passport having expired, but the passport is not really relevant to sponsorship, is it? Just the visa she holds.

So i am looking at completing the sponsorship on paper, but it says on the pdf "if your relatice has lodged their visa application online you must complete your sponsorship online"

So now i've got a problem!

Any advice?
It may well be because her passport has expired. I don't know the process from the DIAC end but it may be needed for identity verification purposes or something similar.
Old Dec 6th 2007, 11:11 am
BE Enthusiast

yes i think it must be that. But it will take 6 weeks or so to get a new passport and i'm worried about the 28 day cut-off, not to mention the fact it is another 6 weeks to wait..! haha.

i have contacted the dept. via the online application contact link, but will call them tonight to check as doubt they will reply!

anyone know the best number to call for queries?
Old Dec 6th 2007, 11:12 am
BE Enthusiast

AHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud of

6 weeks? The High Commission usually takes around 25 days to issue a new passport. Unless processing times have risen dramatically in the last few months, that is.
Old Dec 6th 2007, 11:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Just checked the website and it's gone down to 10 days to renew

"For customers who wish to renew their British passport, the current processing time is 10 working days from receipt of a complete application."
Old Dec 6th 2007, 11:48 am
BE Enthusiast

ah thanks. I think the big sis is telling porkie pies haha
Old Dec 6th 2007, 6:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

NikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond repute

Renewed mine a few weeks ago, used check & send & it was back in 8 calendar days.
Old Jan 7th 2008, 8:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Well, we got the new passport sorted out, still have the same issue. Another poster emailed me to say they have the exact same problem, so it's a funny one..
Old Jan 7th 2008, 11:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Well, we got the new passport sorted out, still have the same issue. Another poster emailed me to say they have the exact same problem, so it's a funny one..
In that case, I have no idea, sorry. Hope someone else can help.
Old Jan 7th 2008, 1:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks for your help to this point. I'll be calling the dept tonight so will post any resolution here for posterity.
Old Jan 7th 2008, 1:34 pm
Whey hey got my Visa

allankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to all

Thanks for your help to this point. I'll be calling the dept tonight so will post any resolution here for posterity.
My advice would be to fill in the Paper version, scan it and upload it into the uploads page under other or something similar.

I'd still keep trying to do the electronic version, but if you get a CO before that then at least they'll know you tried to do something.

Hope you get an answer when you call tonight, good luck.

Allan
Old Jan 7th 2008, 1:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

thanks allan, that's a good idea my man
Old Jan 7th 2008, 5:38 pm
Happily living in Tsv,Qld

Simon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to all

Reading through this, I would have said that it was nothing to do with your browser or the expired Uk passport (which you know now anyway).

I'd say get in touch with immi ASAP. I've heard of similar messages when there is a "question mark" over a visa holder. It might even be something as trivial as someone else which a similar name have upset the department - they seem really tight on things like that. My father-in-law was held at customs once, just because they were on the lookout for someone with a similar name...

Definately do what Allan suggests though - a good idea! But stick at the electronic app', just incase it won't het passed to a CO until the online is complete...

I hope it gets sorted.
Old Jan 7th 2008, 10:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

I may be wrong but I think to lodge your application electronically you need to have a TRN from the sponsorship application. You either lodge them both on paper, the old fashioned way, or you lodge both electronically.

Electronically would be preferrable so I suggest trying to resolve the problem with the DIAC. If, as Simon.and.Kate says, it's a problem with your sponsor then she will want to get to the bottom of it, I'm sure.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.