Is online better than paper?

Old Aug 21st 2009, 2:36 pm
missapps

missapps will become famous soon enough
Default Is online better than paper?

Hi guys, have just spent all day completing the online application for 487 visa and then when i logged back in to attach docs it says no! does not recognise the TRN number- even though it is most def correct!

Have tried several times today and will try again over the weekend, but..

Just wondering- if my documents are balck and white ( therefore i understand that i must have certified) and they are certified but from back in 2007 will they still count?
And in Oz they aertify on front of doc, in Uk when i did it they certified on back of docs- so how do i scan in a number of certified docs when the certification will be the same scanned in for all my docs as its on the back?
Am i better off just posting? From what ive searched on here it seems most people that are semi computer literate- have applied online as its easier to track- but not sure how i will manage my certified docs problemo!!!
Thanks in advance as always
Laura
Old Aug 21st 2009, 4:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

supriyag123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Is online better than paper?

Originally Posted by missapps
Hi guys, have just spent all day completing the online application for 487 visa and then when i logged back in to attach docs it says no! does not recognise the TRN number- even though it is most def correct!

Just wondering- if my documents are balck and white ( therefore i understand that i must have certified) and they are certified but from back in 2007 will they still count?
And in Oz they aertify on front of doc, in Uk when i did it they certified on back of docs- so how do i scan in a number of certified docs when the certification will be the same scanned in for all my docs as its on the back?
Am i better off just posting? From what ive searched on here it seems most people that are semi computer literate- have applied online as its easier to track- but not sure how i will manage my certified docs problemo!!!
Laura
I dont think you need certified docs for e-application..DIAC website says that..may be you should check..

I have applied online and uploaded non-certified docs..
Old Aug 21st 2009, 6:12 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by supriyag123
I dont think you need certified docs for e-application..DIAC website says that..may be you should check..

I have applied online and uploaded non-certified docs..
B&W docs must be certified before scanning, coloured ones don't require verification....
Old Aug 21st 2009, 7:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

supriyag123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
B&W docs must be certified before scanning, coloured ones don't require verification....
Thanks Jeni...but I didnt find this categorically said anywhere in DIAC..do u have a link pls?
Old Aug 21st 2009, 7:51 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by supriyag123
Thanks Jeni...but I didnt find this categorically said anywhere in DIAC..do u have a link pls?
You can do a search on BE for it, everyone says that that's the case...
Old Aug 21st 2009, 7:54 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ning+documents

One such thread...
Old Aug 21st 2009, 7:55 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Laura
I had docs certified on the front, and I'm in the UK....
Old Aug 22nd 2009, 12:43 am
missapps

missapps will become famous soon enough

thanks guys i know they need to be certified on the front and def certified if black and white- but mine are certified on back and im in australia with only the certified copies- my originals are at home packed in awkward places and i dont plan on going back for a while- so what can i do now??
Jenni- im sure they do in uk certify on front- but thats not the case for me- so what do i do??!!!
Old Aug 22nd 2009, 1:02 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

thanks guys i know they need to be certified on the front and def certified if black and white- but mine are certified on back and im in australia with only the certified copies- my originals are at home packed in awkward places and i dont plan on going back for a while- so what can i do now??
Jenni- im sure they do in uk certify on front- but thats not the case for me- so what do i do??!!!
Flip I've no idea, that's a hard one! Hmmmm
Old Aug 22nd 2009, 6:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

I think you only have two choices, retrieve the originals or do a paper based application. There is no point is uploading docs certified on the back, as it could be the back of anything once uploaded.
Old Aug 22nd 2009, 6:55 am
BE Forum Addict

helloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant future

Laura
If your scanning (in color ) no need for certification. If Docs itself black and white still you upload the same as DIAC aware some of the docs will not be in color.

And you scan the front and back page and convert into single PDF each document and send into DIAC ( Some Free PDF converter can do it)

PDF fill is best choice ( Refer my pots in Lab section)

Let me know any futher help on this
Old Aug 22nd 2009, 7:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Combining two scans into one pdf file does not prove that the front and back are definitely the same document IMHO. And if there is such a thing as a scanner that scans top and bottom at same time, then it would be easy to glue two pieces of paper together.

I would not use docs certified on the back for an online application unless you hear it from DIAC themselves that it is ok. Mind you if they are unhappy then I am sure you will get the opportunity to provide them again.
Old Aug 22nd 2009, 8:05 am
BE Forum Addict

helloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
Combining two scans into one pdf file does not prove that the front and back are definitely the same document IMHO. And if there is such a thing as a scanner that scans top and bottom at same time, then it would be easy to glue two pieces of paper together.

I would not use docs certified on the back for an online application unless you hear it from DIAC themselves that it is ok. Mind you if they are unhappy then I am sure you will get the opportunity to provide them again.
It was explained even by Dorothy some times ago in a differnt post- Document in black and white Cannot be scanned in color any more and acceptable by DIAC * OP can verify with DIAC or other sources even

If docs having 2 pages front single PDF will work - As you aware there are so many documents having sign at the bottom of second page as well

Online is far far better than paper based application because fact is that I was suffered to check the status .
Old Aug 22nd 2009, 9:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by helloshivahere
It was explained even by Dorothy some times ago in a differnt post- Document in black and white Cannot be scanned in color any more and acceptable by DIAC * OP can verify with DIAC or other sources even
I was not under the illusion that black and white documents can go through a magic scanner and come out in colour. But thanks for clearing that up anyway

If docs having 2 pages front single PDF will work - As you aware there are so many documents having sign at the bottom of second page as well
If the certificate is a two page one then this is different, but most of my certificates are blank on the back and thus a blank page but for a solicitor stamp seems unlikely to be acceptable. Perhaps if OP has two page certificates then they will be fine.

Online is far far better than paper based application because fact is that I was suffered to check the status .
I definitely agree with that, but in this particular case the docs do not seem (to me) to be in a state conducive for an online application.
Old Aug 22nd 2009, 9:37 am
BE Forum Addict

I have that magic scanner do u want it?

Its not you suppose you decide fit for online/Paper either OP/DIAC I guess

Last edited by helloshivahere; Aug 22nd 2009 at 9:40 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.