Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Online application, attaching documents: Certified?

Online application, attaching documents: Certified?

Old May 6th 2011, 2:57 am
Just Joined

Elcid is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Online application, attaching documents: Certified?

Hi All!

I would like to ask from people who know about this or did their online application. I am doing it now and i need to attach documents. When I go into the check list page there is a message link to every document listed in the check list.. for the birth certificate and passport copy it says "please provide certified copies". Now i know what certified true copy is. I sent these to ACS as well for skills assessment. What I do not understand is that when I was attaching docs to the ACS application I attached the scans of the original documents and sent the certified by notary public copies by post. On the 175 immigration application That i have sent just now, Do i need to scan the certified copies of the original or the scans of the originals.

This is kinda confusing, cos common sense is that you scan the original and sedn the certified copies by mail ( as we did with ACS skill assessment application).

Did you guys attach the scans of the certified copies by a notary public or the scans of the original documents to the main application.

on a side note: can I remove any attachment once it is uploaded. I havent tried to upload any cos I dont have any certified copies of the original scanned yet I dont want to mess up the application by attaching any wrong document.

What did any of you guys attach for the proof of change of name in case of your spouses. My wife changed her last name to mine after marriage. We just changed it on the ID card and the passport. There isnt any proof for that.

I will appreciate your answers. Thanks

El Cid...

Last edited by Elcid; May 6th 2011 at 3:01 am.
Old May 6th 2011, 8:10 am
Shafaqat Ali

shafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Online application, attaching documents: Certified?

Originally Posted by Elcid
Hi All!

I would like to ask from people who know about this or did their online application. I am doing it now and i need to attach documents. When I go into the check list page there is a message link to every document listed in the check list.. for the birth certificate and passport copy it says "please provide certified copies". Now i know what certified true copy is. I sent these to ACS as well for skills assessment. What I do not understand is that when I was attaching docs to the ACS application I attached the scans of the original documents and sent the certified by notary public copies by post. On the 175 immigration application That i have sent just now, Do i need to scan the certified copies of the original or the scans of the originals.

This is kinda confusing, cos common sense is that you scan the original and sedn the certified copies by mail ( as we did with ACS skill assessment application).

Did you guys attach the scans of the certified copies by a notary public or the scans of the original documents to the main application.

on a side note: can I remove any attachment once it is uploaded. I havent tried to upload any cos I dont have any certified copies of the original scanned yet I dont want to mess up the application by attaching any wrong document.

What did any of you guys attach for the proof of change of name in case of your spouses. My wife changed her last name to mine after marriage. We just changed it on the ID card and the passport. There isnt any proof for that.

I will appreciate your answers. Thanks

El Cid...
If you are sending colour copies then those need not to be attested.
I did not see any delete attachment link, i uploaded different copies of same files by adding "updated".

birth_Certificate.pdf
birth_Certificate_updated.pdf

there is some restriction on number of files you can upload but you can send your documents by email when u get your case officer.
there is another email address which can be used to send documents even before case officer allocation.
Old Jun 19th 2011, 10:15 pm
Just Joined

Lena L is an unknown quantity at this point

I have the same dilemma. Sounds too easy, and people talk about certifying things all the time.
Does it really mean that if I send colour scans I don't certify ANY documents? Not even passports or diplomas?

And another, slightly different thing: - I assume if I am dependant on 175, then Stat Decs still have to be certified and then scanned? But apart from them, bank statements and other proof of relationship can be just colour scanned?
We are going to send our application soon, in new points system and without agent. We are SO scared we may overlook something, and not all COs are... human
Old Jun 20th 2011, 3:22 am
BE Enthusiast

qamar_qadian is just really niceqamar_qadian is just really niceqamar_qadian is just really niceqamar_qadian is just really niceqamar_qadian is just really niceqamar_qadian is just really niceqamar_qadian is just really niceqamar_qadian is just really nice

Rule of thumb:
For Colored Certificates: Scan and upload original
For B&W Certficated: Scan and upload the certified copies.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Qamar