One way or return ticket

Old Nov 19th 2004, 12:55 pm
Just Joined

anetdej is an unknown quantity at this point
Default One way or return ticket

hi all

can anyone tell me if it's necessary to get a return ticket for WHV or is it ok to just get a one way and get the return ticket when it's time to come back.

also is the return ticket in addition to $5000 , i'm sure it says on the visa application ' show return ticket or proof of sufficient funds for initial stay.

all help gratefully received
many thanks
A
Old Nov 19th 2004, 1:44 pm
Forum Regular

DeniseH is on a distinguished road
Default Re: One way or return ticket

We went over in 2002 on a one way ticket - no questions were asked. Also, most airline tickets aren't valid for over one year (from day of uk departure), so if you want to stop somewhere on the way, and stay in oz for a year, then you cant purchase a return.

You need sufficient funds and also extra cash for buying the return, so I would show an extra $1000 on the application.

Good luck!
Old Nov 19th 2004, 4:43 pm
Gee of the Bee Member

Beegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really nice

Hi

Yep I too have been over on WHV and I didn't have a return.No bother.
Old Jun 2nd 2005, 1:22 pm
Just Joined

AndyF is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Beegee
Hi

Yep I too have been over on WHV and I didn't have a return.No bother.
I did this scheme in the late 90's, and the one requirement is that you had to have a ticket out of NZ, and the means to get out of the country. For me I just had a plane ticket to Aussie for after my time to NZ and an Aussie visa on my passport so that I could get in there on leaving NZ, it didnt have to be a ticket back to the UK.
Old Jun 2nd 2005, 2:10 pm
Forum Regular

hunser is on a distinguished road

Just agreeing with the others above as I went on a WHV in 2001 with a one-way ticket and had no problems. Took a bank statement from home as well to prove I had £1000 in the bank as well but don't think that it was ever asked for.

Have fun, Paul
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 7:28 am
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice

Originally Posted by anetdej
hi all

can anyone tell me if it's necessary to get a return ticket for WHV or is it ok to just get a one way and get the return ticket when it's time to come back.

also is the return ticket in addition to $5000 , i'm sure it says on the visa application ' show return ticket or proof of sufficient funds for initial stay.

all help gratefully received
many thanks
A
In 1999 I had a One Way ticket and entered without any issues - I think the $5k will be proof that you have funds to get a return ticket.

If you do get a return though, try and make sure you can sell the return leg if you decide to change your mind while over there - places like STA Travel are quite good at that..they give you a credit which you can put to another flight.

SS