here it goes...

http://forums.australia-migration.co...ead.php?t=2602

PP
Old Nov 29th 2004, 7:00 pm
Forum Regular

prayerspeace is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: one visa refusal..

Originally Posted by prayerspeace
Just a question, when does the refusal take place.. do they check the appl when it is submitted.. or when 10 or 11 months pass..

regards,
PP
Old Nov 29th 2004, 7:18 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

You had me worried then, I thought you meant YOU had been refused!!!!!!!!!

Keeping everything crossed for you still
Old Nov 29th 2004, 7:53 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Just a question, when does the refusal take place.. do they check the appl when it is submitted.. or when 10 or 11 months pass..

regards,
PP

It can be either - depends on the reason.

Jeremy
Old Nov 29th 2004, 8:06 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JAJ
It can be either - depends on the reason.

Jeremy

Thanks jeremy...

But do DIMIA reject even after receiving positive skills assessment..

PP
Old Nov 29th 2004, 9:03 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks jeremy...

But do DIMIA reject even after receiving positive skills assessment..

PP
Yes they do.

Skill assessment is only one of many requirements. And it's quite possible that DIMIA will decide that work experience is not 'skilled' even though there is a skill assessment.

Jeremy
Old Nov 29th 2004, 9:45 pm

Originally Posted by JAJ
Yes they do.

Skill assessment is only one of many requirements. And it's quite possible that DIMIA will decide that work experience is not 'skilled' even though there is a skill assessment.

Jeremy
I can understand them refusing you for other reasons, but what's the point of a skills assessment if DIMIA make their own decisions?

Seems to be a money making exercise?
Old Nov 29th 2004, 9:57 pm
JAJ
Retired

Originally Posted by bridiej
I can understand them refusing you for other reasons, but what's the point of a skills assessment if DIMIA make their own decisions?

Seems to be a money making exercise?
Some skill assessments (eg from Vetassess) are obtained on the basis of qualifications alone.

And even some authorities that do assess work experience (such as ACS) have different rules to DIMIA.

The bottom line is - don't assume that a skill assessment means you meet DIMIA work experience criteria. It doesn't.

Confusion over work experience rules is probably the Number 1 reason for refusal of general skilled migration applications.

And it doesn't make money for DIMIA as valuable processing time and resources are taken up by such applications.

Jeremy
Old Nov 29th 2004, 10:39 pm

Right, didnt realise Vettasses etc worked that way!
Old Nov 29th 2004, 10:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice

How about lodging the $100k bond? Have there been any cases where DIMIA have refused a visa grant even after this last stage? Crieky....p a r a n o i a

SS
Old Nov 29th 2004, 10:46 pm
JAJ
Retired

Originally Posted by SuperSeagulls
How about lodging the $100k bond? Have there been any cases where DIMIA have refused a visa grant even after this last stage? Crieky....p a r a n o i a

SS
It would be unusual, but not impossible, at that stage. For example, they might work out they had made a mistake. Or a common problem is that they find out an 18+ year old child is no longer dependent (and the child's visa is refused).

Jeremy
Old Nov 29th 2004, 10:52 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JAJ
It would be unusual, but not impossible, at that stage. For example, they might work out they had made a mistake. Or a common problem is that they find out an 18+ year old child is no longer dependent (and the child's visa is refused).

Jeremy
jeremy,

thanks for all the info..

when applications reach DIMIA, does anyone actually go thru the appl to check if all is OK.... or else it makes its way to the pile straight away..

does someone check if the person meets the requirements when appl reach DIMIA...

PP
Old Nov 29th 2004, 10:57 pm
JAJ
Retired

j

when applications reach DIMIA, does anyone actually go thru the appl to check if all is OK.....
No.

All they will do at the start is check it's legally valid. If it's obviously wrong (eg negative skill assessment or obviously way short on points), they may refuse it straight away but this is unusual.

Usually it goes into the queue, and they will check it when its turn comes around. If the requirements are not met, it will then be refused.

Some people wait 12 months to find this out.

It pays to get things right first time.

Jeremy
Old Nov 29th 2004, 10:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice

The word "refusal" opens a can of worms..thanks for the advice JAJ
Old Nov 30th 2004, 12:02 am
BE Enthusiast

chilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nice

Originally Posted by JAJ
Some skill assessments (eg from Vetassess) are obtained on the basis of qualifications alone.

And even some authorities that do assess work experience (such as ACS) have different rules to DIMIA.

The bottom line is - don't assume that a skill assessment means you meet DIMIA work experience criteria. It doesn't.

Confusion over work experience rules is probably the Number 1 reason for refusal of general skilled migration applications.

And it doesn't make money for DIMIA as valuable processing time and resources are taken up by such applications.

Jeremy
Ouch - I have had my skills assessed by Vetassess "Policy & Planning Manager", I submitted my employment reference at the time of application - thought the occupation thing was sorted after the positive assessment!?

The company has since been taken over and we were all on our toes, I am working as a consultant now to tide me over while I am waiting to hear on the visa. I have given the DIMA the contact details for my old boss if they want to check my reference. I just hope it's all ok now!?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.