Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Is it ok Management Assistant writes my reference?

Is it ok Management Assistant writes my reference?

Old Jan 23rd 2008, 10:02 am
rdd
Just Joined

rdd will become famous soon enoughrdd will become famous soon enough
Default Is it ok Management Assistant writes my reference?

For ACS, is it ok that the Management Assistant of my company writes a reference for me? Or I must request a reference from my manager?

Many thanks!
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 10:10 am
Forum Regular

swami is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Is it ok Management Assistant writes my reference?

ACS would differentiate the reference from either the employer or the colleague only. If the management assistant you refer here is an authorized person, either from the Human Resources, or is in role of your manager, then it will accepted as employer reference.

If the Management Assistant is just your colleague, it would not be considered as an employer reference.

Note: the colleague reference should be provided only in the case where you cannot get the manager's or employer's reference, or if the reference provided by the employer/ manager is not that detailed.

I believe ACS would value more for the employer/ manager references than that of colleagues.

Swami
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 11:47 am
rdd
Just Joined

rdd will become famous soon enoughrdd will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Is it ok Management Assistant writes my reference?

Originally Posted by swami
ACS would differentiate the reference from either the employer or the colleague only. If the management assistant you refer here is an authorized person, either from the Human Resources, or is in role of your manager, then it will accepted as employer reference.

If the Management Assistant is just your colleague, it would not be considered as an employer reference.

Note: the colleague reference should be provided only in the case where you cannot get the manager's or employer's reference, or if the reference provided by the employer/ manager is not that detailed.

I believe ACS would value more for the employer/ manager references than that of colleagues.

Swami
Thank you so much,Swami