Ok help please going it alone

Old Mar 7th 2008, 7:50 am
Forum Regular

janinekidd is just really nicejaninekidd is just really nicejaninekidd is just really nicejaninekidd is just really nicejaninekidd is just really nicejaninekidd is just really nicejaninekidd is just really nicejaninekidd is just really nice
Default Ok help please going it alone

Hi hope somebody can help. We are wanting to emigrate on a 136 visa. My partner has level 1 in his trade as a mechanic. But a lot of expereince. Now I know that the rules have since changed that you have to have the quals. Where does the skills assessment come in. If he does this and passes as well as level 1 and his expereince will he be considered. Any help greatly appreciated
Old Mar 7th 2008, 10:30 am
Forum Regular

nickUK is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Ok help please going it alone

Originally Posted by janinekidd
Hi hope somebody can help. We are wanting to emigrate on a 136 visa. My partner has level 1 in his trade as a mechanic. But a lot of expereince. Now I know that the rules have since changed that you have to have the quals. Where does the skills assessment come in. If he does this and passes as well as level 1 and his expereince will he be considered. Any help greatly appreciated
Hi,

If its TRA, the existing thread is ... http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...&highlight=tra

Good luck!

Nick
Old Mar 7th 2008, 10:42 am
BE Enthusiast

TMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to behold

Hi hope somebody can help. We are wanting to emigrate on a 136 visa.
136 visa no longer exists (unless you applied up until August last year) it's a 175 visa now!
Old Mar 10th 2008, 4:17 pm
Forum Regular

Veronika has a reputation beyond reputeVeronika has a reputation beyond reputeVeronika has a reputation beyond reputeVeronika has a reputation beyond reputeVeronika has a reputation beyond reputeVeronika has a reputation beyond reputeVeronika has a reputation beyond reputeVeronika has a reputation beyond reputeVeronika has a reputation beyond reputeVeronika has a reputation beyond reputeVeronika has a reputation beyond repute

Also Motor Mechanics are no longer assessed by the TRA so that thread is not really applicable to you either (assuming you live in the UK).

You want to be looking into VETASSESS now.

Good luck
Old Mar 11th 2008, 6:15 am
BE Enthusiast

AHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud of

Anyone who scores sufficient points for a skilled visa will 'be considered'. Part of scoring those points includes a skills assessment, so that's certainly where to start.

As TMRE has pointed out, the S/c 136 was replaced by the 175 last September.

Good luck