Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

OH GOD - PLEASE HELP OUR IMMIGRATION COMPANY HAS PULLED THE PLUGS

OH GOD - PLEASE HELP OUR IMMIGRATION COMPANY HAS PULLED THE PLUGS

Old Oct 3rd 2008, 4:15 pm
Forum Regular

best4ever is an unknown quantity at this point
Default OH GOD - PLEASE HELP OUR IMMIGRATION COMPANY HAS PULLED THE PLUGS

Please help us, what do we do. Our immigration company has sent us an email to say they have closed their doors. What do we do please?

Our application is lodged, we have our TRN number. We have just done our medicals and had our police checks done. Please help. We dont know who to turn too now. Can we do it ourselves now? Is there much more to do?

What steps do we take?
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 4:58 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OH GOD - PLEASE HELP OUR IMMIGRATION COMPANY HAS PULLED THE PLUGS

Originally Posted by best4ever
Please help us, what do we do. Our immigration company has sent us an email to say they have closed their doors. What do we do please?

Our application is lodged, we have our TRN number. We have just done our medicals and had our police checks done. Please help. We dont know who to turn too now. Can we do it ourselves now? Is there much more to do?

What steps do we take?
You need toi inform DIAC that they should now deal with you, now with the agent.
The form numbers and details are in the other thread on which you posted the question
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 5:22 pm
Forum Regular

Default Form 956

So confused, dont know who to turn too. Can we put a signature on the 956 form via the computer and email it to DIAC? Or do we have to send hard copies only.

Is it better to ring DIAC, although it will have to be early hours of Monday morning now to inform them of the situation that the immigration company have closed their doors?

Thanks.
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 5:46 pm
Just Joined

Java is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Form 956

With respect to emailing the form 969 to DIAC, please try the following link:

http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/forms/gsm/post.htm

On another note, I read in another thread the news regarding the closure of your immigration agency. You should use the same link I posted above, and advise DIAC with respect to your immigration agency. And as Polyanna suggested, ask them to deal directly with you.

I hope this helps.
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 6:18 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you. I will have a look at that. I appreciate any help and advice anyone can give me.
Old Oct 4th 2008, 2:06 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you. I will have a look at that. I appreciate any help and advice anyone can give me.
In the longer thread HERE, George Lombard has given some good advice on what people in your position should do next. I can only suggest that you look at speaking to him or another registered migration agent asap.
Have a look at threads on here with titles like "Can you recommend an agent" and you will see there are several around with excellent reputations.
Old Oct 4th 2008, 7:40 am
Forum Regular

Default 175 GSM FAX number for submitted form956

Can I fax form 956, if so, does anyone have the right number please? I presume it goes to Adelaide Processing Centre. I need to get this in asap. My head is spinning with the carry on of immigration company going bust.
Old Oct 4th 2008, 8:29 am
Home and Happy

Default Re: 175 GSM FAX number for submitted form956

Can I fax form 956, if so, does anyone have the right number please? I presume it goes to Adelaide Processing Centre. I need to get this in asap. My head is spinning with the carry on of immigration company going bust.
http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/aust...de-skilled.htm

Fax + 61 8 8237 6629

so from the UK you need 0061 8 8237 6629
Old Oct 4th 2008, 8:36 am
Home and Happy

Default Re: 175 GSM FAX number for submitted form956

I've combined your three threads together - no need to start a new one each time, and this way the info is all together for anyone else who is affected.
Old Oct 4th 2008, 8:39 am
Forum Regular

Thank you for the info. It is appreciated. My head is spinning - normally I am quite organised and methodical, but this has just blown me.
Old Oct 4th 2008, 8:51 am
Recession Surfing 2006 ->

Zambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond repute

Calm yourself , the visa process does not speed along like a runaway train.

Use the documents provided and simply inform DIAC of the scenario.

The application is lodged the hard parts are all done hopefully , so calm yourself this is not a huge issue. Everything from this piont on you can handle.

Chin up , this is a hiccup nothing more.